Pokemon: Should we be able to "Catch 'em All"?

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Hazy992 said:
werewolfsfury said:
Hazy992 said:
werewolfsfury said:
Hazy992 said:
When the series motto is 'gotta catch 'em all' it's quite ridiculous that after over 15 years you still can't 'catch 'em all'. At least not legitimately. So yes, I think Game Freak should make a Pokemon game where you actually can get all of them.
well you can catch them all legitimtly but the problem is finding someone with the pokemon you don't own, you'd have to go to the conventions and meet up with people willing to trade.

OT: I don't really like the idea. It sounds awesome of course but that would ruin the whole trading aspect of the game especially since there's a gts (global trade station) glitch that let's you evolve trade pokemon without having to actually wait for someone to trade with you
Well how do you get Celebi legitimately? It's pretty much impossible to get Celebi without cheats, especially in the US and Europe.
there was a gamestop (which you may or may not have in your area)where they gave away the zorua event celebi for heart gold and soul silver versions just before black and white came out.
There's no Gamestop in the UK so I don't think there ever was an event for us. And besides the last Celebi event was when Gold/Silver came out so that's almost ten years where you couldn't get it.
well it seems that you could have at least gotten the zoroark event shines. and convinently enough I have a spare event celebi, yet equally unfortunately I have no wifi

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
werewolfsfury said:
Hazy992 said:
werewolfsfury said:
Hazy992 said:
werewolfsfury said:
Hazy992 said:
When the series motto is 'gotta catch 'em all' it's quite ridiculous that after over 15 years you still can't 'catch 'em all'. At least not legitimately. So yes, I think Game Freak should make a Pokemon game where you actually can get all of them.
well you can catch them all legitimtly but the problem is finding someone with the pokemon you don't own, you'd have to go to the conventions and meet up with people willing to trade.

OT: I don't really like the idea. It sounds awesome of course but that would ruin the whole trading aspect of the game especially since there's a gts (global trade station) glitch that let's you evolve trade pokemon without having to actually wait for someone to trade with you
Well how do you get Celebi legitimately? It's pretty much impossible to get Celebi without cheats, especially in the US and Europe.
there was a gamestop (which you may or may not have in your area)where they gave away the zorua event celebi for heart gold and soul silver versions just before black and white came out.
There's no Gamestop in the UK so I don't think there ever was an event for us. And besides the last Celebi event was when Gold/Silver came out so that's almost ten years where you couldn't get it.
well it seems that you could have at least gotten the zoroark event shines. and convinently enough I have a spare event celebi, yet equally unfortunately I have no wifi
You see my point though, right?

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Hazy992 said:
werewolfsfury said:
Hazy992 said:
werewolfsfury said:
Hazy992 said:
werewolfsfury said:
Hazy992 said:

You see my point though, right?
yeah yeah I get it...

trollax

Aug 1, 2011
I have an idea if you go to another region you have to give up your strongest pokemon and have prof.Oak take care of them and a the new place you get the starter and in the end after you get all 8 badges you can get oak or bill to link the Pc so you can get your pokemon and enter them in the league so you go though all the leagues with your pokemon and have one big league at the end

SailorShale

Apr 3, 2010
That would be a great idea if done right. The legendaries should be VERY difficult to get, and the hard-to-finds should stay that way. It should be a challenge. But then they would have to somehow explain that story-wise, which would be pretty difficult. How does one 12 year old meet up with all these legendaries anyway? There's like 30 of them now, so that's gonna need some kind of wild explanation. I highly doubt all the Pokemon on the planet would just meet up on one land anyway. Maybe they could make a version where you go back to all the lands? That would make more sense. Play an older kid and have to the goal to be "Catch them all" and not beat the Elite Four.

That_Sneaky_Camper

Aug 19, 2011
I say yes. It gets annoying that you have to do so much cross-game trading and special events to get every Pokemon. The main objective of the game is to catch them all and to complete the Pokedex, the storyline is fun but once it is over there is nothing else to do in the world except to continue collecting the various Pokemon. I want my Pokedex complete dammit, I have been trying since I was a kid and I always fail.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Antitonic said:
I don't mind mixing between versions, but the event ones really annoy me. Since the series came out, I think there's only been one event in Australia, and that was for Celebi during Gen 2. Either put events on around the world, or get rid of them. Put the Pokemon you get from them in the game. Maybe make it a puzzle to get them, but you should be able to get them all over two versions.

Also, Spiritomb's requirements can take a flying leap as well.
I'm with you. I don't mind trading, though it can be a pain sometimes. I don't mind trade evolutions, stuff like that. But considering I'd have to grab a plane ticket to get event Pokémon (Or suffer on a bus, I suppose), they can go right to Hell.

Plus, they need to make online trading more friendly.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
As far as trading goes, there are several dedicated Pokemon sites where people are willing to trade. Smogon and Serebii are the ones that come to mind. They have places where you can request trades, and you are pretty much guaranteed to get what you want, even possibly down to the nature and specific egg moves. They might not always be legitimate (clones/legit hacks [hacks with legal stats and such]), but it gets you what you need.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
I still think version exclusives should exist, as it's so simple to just trade online now.

However, it pisses me off that if I miss a damned special event I'll never know the joy of catching Mew or Celebi or Victini or the others. Why can't they just put the damn special events in the game to begin with?

So far, the legendary babies as I call them are the only ones I've never owned...except for Manaphy and Phione, whom I got from Pokemon Ranger.

Rolling 20

Jan 1, 2009
Re-boot the whole series to have only the original 151.... Let everyone catch them all... Simple as that. Pokemon has gotten ridiculous recently with the mind-numbingly ridiculous amount of pokemon available.... There should be 151, everything else I consider non-canon.

*Raises blast shield and cringes*

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Since there are so many of them now; yes. Before, there weren't very many pokemon and so Gamefreak wanted the game to be longer by having the player trade with others but now that there are so many pokemon, it would still be long but less frustrating.

MasochisticAvenger

Nov 7, 2011
Hazy992 said:
I would like to point out that "gotta catch 'em all" is the slogan the Americans came up with for the series. The original slogan is simply "Everyone, Get Pokemon".

silversnake4133

Mar 14, 2010
Well, enabling people to catch all Pokemon in one game version kind of defeats the original purpose for the Pokemon games. Plus Nintendo would lose a ton of money, and not a lot of Pokemon gamers would develop friendships other than through battling, and you don't necessarily need another person sitting beside you to battle. I personally enjoy the necessity of trading with other people because they really do form long lasting friendships. Heck I met my current boyfriend through pokemon trading. :3

MasochisticAvenger

Nov 7, 2011
My problem with Event Pokemon is they provide no real challenge. You aren't proving how much of a Pokemon Badass you are by having them; all you're proving is you were in the right place at the right time (or you cheated). If I had my way, I would have it where once you got all of the Pokemon in the game, you would be able to battle and catch an otherwise unobtainable Pokemon. So like for the original 151, you would catch/trade all 150 Pokemon, and then an area would unlock where you could battle and capture Mew. Something like that.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Leemaster777 said:
(aside from trade evolution)
No offence but fuck that! I hate that trade evolution crap, during the first game I couldn't get all the trade evolutions or colour exclusive pokemon 'cos I had nobody to trade with.

Just make one colour and put all the pokemon on it.

Never saw ash wanting to evolve his graveler so he traded it to Brock then traded it back again! Or "I can't catch magmar" ... "why" ... "I am in the blue universe" ...

I want a game with every pokemon on it and I can evolve them without this trading crap. Also getting rid of 99% of the stones (you know, thunder stone etc) would be good, the exception being eevee 'cos it needs one.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Rolling 20 said:
Re-boot the whole series to have only the original 151.... Let everyone catch them all... Simple as that. Pokemon has gotten ridiculous recently with the mind-numbingly ridiculous amount of pokemon available.... There should be 151, everything else I consider non-canon.

*Raises blast shield and cringes*
that doesn't sound like a good idea what would be the point?

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
omega 616 said:
Leemaster777 said:
(aside from trade evolution)
No offence but fuck that! I hate that trade evolution crap, during the first game I couldn't get all the trade evolutions or colour exclusive pokemon 'cos I had nobody to trade with.

Just make one colour and put all the pokemon on it.

Never saw ash wanting to evolve his graveler so he traded it to Brock then traded it back again! Or "I can't catch magmar" ... "why" ... "I am in the blue universe" ...

I want a game with every pokemon on it and I can evolve them without this trading crap. Also getting rid of 99% of the stones (you know, thunder stone etc) would be good, the exception being eevee 'cos it needs one.
but that would get rid of any reason to trade and make the game to easy.

Arkzism

Jan 24, 2008
you know i would love to see that, and a good pokemon game for the console, make it for the wii you use the wii mote, to actually throw the balls, etc

hell have it so you can command your pokemons with it as well

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
I'd love to, but only the 251 Pokemon. I still can't get used to there being more than that and I doubt I ever will.