Pokemon Sun and Moon predictions thread

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
i predict there will be trainers you have to battle to level up your pokemon
i predict there will be 8 gyms with gym leaders you have to defeat and gain 8 badges from
i predict there will be an evil organisation you have to defeat
i predict there will be an irritating "childhood friend" you have to battle
i predict there will be a road called victory road which serves as a test you have to pass
and finally i predict there will be 4 really strong trainers who call themselves the elite 4 that you have to defeat along with a champion you also have to defeat who will serve as the games final boss.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
I never played a Pokemon game, but I can suggest these:

- DON'T bring the old Pokemons. Just have the recent once. Less chaotic in my opinion.
- Date other P Trainers [I hope they aren't 10 years old again right?]
- A good story actually with a lot of meaning.

That all.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
SweetShark said:

- DON'T bring the old Pokemons. Just have the recent once. Less chaotic in my opinion.

That all.
I think Black and White got the first point right, and has been the closest to the second point (at least the evil organization wasn't as one-dimensional as the rest of the series).

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
CaitSeith said:
SweetShark said:

That all.
I think Black and White got the first point right, and has been the closest to the second point (at least the evil organization wasn't as one-dimensional as the rest of the series).
10 years old boys/girls go on date?
Also I thought Black & White Series had many other pokemons than their own ones.

Liljumpman

May 11, 2016
Kibeth41 said:
Josh123914 said:
-They'll cut most of the in-game games except for Pokemon-Amie, which they'll rename.
What 'in-game games'? Are you referring to minigames, and if so, why would any get cut?

And why would Pokemon-amie be cut or renamed? It has been featured in two sets of games so far with no complaints.
Cause they try to mix it up with their minigames. After a while they simply disappear regardless of if they were well received or not.

My predictions are...

The game will be easier, again.
The "rivals" will be buddy buddy and cringy as fuck.
The game will be more enjoyable with mystery egg runs than with the pokemon spawned in early areas.
There will be an evil team with a stupid opinion.
The starters will be stronger than the last few generations. Froakie was the only standout since D/P
There will be another overpowered iteration of EXP.Share that people will say "just turn it off lel" to justify its existence.
Playing online will just result in you getting destroyed by perfectly bred smogon death lineups.
There will be a horrible new type of battle put in that is just a gimmick.

I personally thought Pokemon was getting good again with B/W but then B/W 2 and X Y happened so that debunked my theory. Hopefully M&S will be good.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
Ash!Greninja will be revealed to be an Astral Evolution linked to the Moon. they'll evenly split existing starters that doesn't have Megas (besides Sinnoh Pokemon*) in the attempt to lure back the original Generation 1/2 and 5/6 Crowds. generation 3 already has Megas (Blaziken being in XY). *they'll save generation 4 Megas for the remakes since Professor Rowan mentions that Pokemon gives off energy frequencies when they evolve. The Generation 7 starters would gain Astral Evolutions which would exaggerate their talents, like how Greninja can hold a Water Shuriken on his back and throw 2 of them at once. Litten, Popplio and Rowlet's art shows them coughing out explosive furballs, hydrokinetically controlling bubbles and firing Leaf-quills, respectively. the idea of using talents in A-Evolutions came about from Greninja, in the Anime, as a Froakie; it just used foam which were dubbed as "Frubbles" as makeshift ninja weaponry which got dropped for using Water Shurikens. they'll probably have to make something up for Chesnaught since Fennekin's line at least has that Twig-for-a-Wand thing going on.

The reason you see Trainers with their Pokemon in battle is because they have to show the physical states of the trainers when they Astral Evolve their Pokemon. the name probably comes from Astral Projection which would be the state where the Trainer projects themselves into the Pokemon they're commanding and takes harsh tolls on the trainer which makes it more of a comeback mechanic.

They'll add evolutions to older Pokemon to make them palatable to Old-age fans who would be familiar to the Pokemon of their time. Nidoking/Queen would get Mega Evolutions whilst Golduck, Persian and Dugtrio gets Astrals. Mega Kangaskhan's ability Parental Bond gets nerfed down to not mimicing seconary statistics. a new Baby Kangaskhan evolution is revealed that splits into 2 lines based on Gender, the female one evolves when placed inside a breeding centre and is allowed to keep the egg when it is taken out. their stats are adjusted to be more inline with something of an endgame Pokemon due to its typing. the Male Kangaskhan would have it's own Mega Evolution, showing what it may have looked like if the Female evolved instead of channeling energy to evolve the Baby.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
My prediction is that Team SlapDick will try to slap all the dicks by using Pokemon, only to bring the world to the brink of annihilation via dick slapping before realizing "Oh noes! Pokemans are supposed to bring people together, not blow them apart! We're really sorry! Now you - random underage protagonist - you're the ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD that can undo what we've done because your Pokemans know the true power of friendship!" Then you'll a kill god and win a Pokemon tournament, an achievement that really means jack squat when compared to the fact that you just saved the frickin' world.

Soooooooo basically the same story they've been running for a while, now. :p

That said, I joke about the story, but I am looking forward to this coming out. Can't wait to transfer my Pokemon from the 3DS Yellow into this game. :D

Liljumpman

May 11, 2016
Kibeth41 said:
Liljumpman said:
Kibeth41 said:
Josh123914 said:
-They'll cut most of the in-game games except for Pokemon-Amie, which they'll rename.
What 'in-game games'? Are you referring to minigames, and if so, why would any get cut?

And why would Pokemon-amie be cut or renamed? It has been featured in two sets of games so far with no complaints.
Cause they try to mix it up with their minigames. After a while they simply disappear regardless of if they were well received or not.

My predictions are...

The game will be easier, again.
The "rivals" will be buddy buddy and cringy as fuck.
The game will be more enjoyable with mystery egg runs than with the pokemon spawned in early areas.
There will be an evil team with a stupid opinion.
The starters will be stronger than the last few generations. Froakie was the only standout since D/P
There will be another overpowered iteration of EXP.Share that people will say "just turn it off lel" to justify its existence.
Playing online will just result in you getting destroyed by perfectly bred smogon death lineups.
There will be a horrible new type of battle put in that is just a gimmick.

I personally thought Pokemon was getting good again with B/W but then B/W 2 and X Y happened so that debunked my theory. Hopefully M&S will be good.
Actually, the only reason they cut content is because they try and keep something special to each region. For HG/SS it's having a Pokemon out, for D/P/Pl it was custom Pokeballs, for Black/White it was the movie maker thing and that weird mining system I guess (I didn't play that gen too much), X/Y had custom trainers, and OR/AS has contests and secret bases.

Pokemon Amie and Super training will most likely stay. At most, super training will be changed into a new minigame, but that might be doubtful.

Pokemon Amie as a system is there to give Pokemon actual personality. It actually makes them feel like characters, which is especially appealing to the key target audience of the Pokemon games (kids)

Also, the games have stayed consistently the same difficulty for around 10 years now. The introduction of EXP Share is literally just an easy mode which got added in. If you don't like it, why would you not turn it off? There's completely no logic in dismissing that option.

When you see a game with Easy/Normal/Hard modes do you always default to easy, complain about it, then scoff when people suggest playing on Normal?

You're not the key demographic of Pokemon games, children are. The existence of EXP Share being how it is now is so there's never an issue with someone being stuck in the game. If you think it's too easy, then turn it off. Again, it's literally a toggle-able difficulty setting. Most games have them.
Isn't that the same thing? Keeping it fresh with minigames/keeping regions different? They're just trying to do new things in each one to keep it fresh.

The game has not stayed consistently the same difficulty. D/P/P and B/W were far more challenging than R/S and BW/2. X/Y was easy without the EXPShare on my first run. When I turned it on for the second run it was even easier.

"If you don't like it why would you not turn it off?" I used it on my second run. I wanted to train multiple new pokemon and it was the best and easiest way of doing it, removing the grind. I would have used it the first time if I knew it had changed. I thought it worked the same as it used to until I read it didn't on the internet. I'm all in favor of it honestly, all it does is remove a grind of a new pokemon and you can turn it off when you catch up to the right level. I'm merely pointing out it was a prediction for the next game that there will be yet another overpowered exp.share and people will say "just turn it off lel" as you have just done, extremely defensively too. Bit early though mate.

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
I predict:

- Travel to a previous region - Likely Kalos given there was a few references in X/Y to the new region and that there's a few loose ends with the story. We also know we're going to be travel between Islands as the only map shown seems to be a smallish starting area.

- More new evolutions for existing Pokemon. With the exception of Sylveon, that's something we haven't seen for two generations now. There's some awesome single and dual Pokemon families that would be awesome with an extra evolution.

- I'd like to see that Lati@s eon flute fly replace regular flying.

- Something cool about Pokemon transferred from the VC R/B/Y games? I mean with no breeding you'd be better off bringing in Pokemon from anywhere else so it could be a cool little bonus.

Sable Gear said:
I predict...

-Official sources will either keep referring to them as "Sun and Moon" and refuse to abbreviate (it's fair, they're one-syllable words, much less of a mouthful than "Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire") OR abbreviate to Pokemon "SuMo", because let's be honest, Pokemon "S&M" is a little...risque.
Except that following previous abbreviation conventions it would Pokemon S/M and we've already had Pokemon D/P anyway :D

william1657

Scout
Mar 12, 2015
I hope:
- They will bring back the PokeAthalon mini game
- They will bring back a post game region
- The games will include a certificate/code that lets you use the Pok?mon Bank for free
- They will replace HM effects with items (Fly with the Eon Flute, Surf with a paddle board, etc)
- They will bring back the Unity Tower
- They will bring back the ORAS StreetPass feature that let you fight passers by, but let you specifically set your team (I could take or leave secret bases)
- They will use the 3DS's pedometer functionality to make it a PokeWalker

I fear:
- SuMo games will be advertised for the 3DS, but will be almost unplayable on standard 3DS systems, needing New 3DS consoles to work reliably

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
SweetShark said:

That all.
You literally described Black and White. :p

-Unless you traded in other Pokemon from previous gens, only gen 5 Pokemon were available till the post game. I liked the idea, but most people did not, even though the 5th gen is actually the largest with 156 Pokemon. I feel the Pokemon were varied enough to not wear thin by the end of the game. But, I think it's wise to have a mix of Pokemon from previous gens mixed in too. I hate to imagine if they did the same with the 70 new Pokemon in X and Y.

-That is kinda in BW2 as a side quest, going on dates with an NPC. It's very easy to miss though, most players probably would not even find it. But the gen 5 protagonists are confirmed to be 15 instead of 10/12ish. I think they intend to make the player characters mid teens in the games going forward, as I know the X and Y ones are supposed to be around 15/16 too.

-That was more or less the main focus of the gen 5 games. The games did not present much new stuff in terms of mechanics, but in return, it has the most involved story and characters by far. The main antagonist is probably the most interesting character in the game series by far.

Fhqwhgod

Apr 7, 2015
totheendofsin said:
but seriously I just hope it has more new pokemon than X/Y did, gen 6 felt like a placeholder game rather than a full pokemon game
I loved X/Y because they made sure you could catch a ton of Pokis of all generations instead of populating everything only with "new" Pokemon. I got a Blastoise and a Butterfree so I was happy.

william1657 said:
I fear:
- SuMo games will be advertised for the 3DS, but will be almost unplayable on standard 3DS systems, needing New 3DS consoles to work reliably
Gen 6 already had huge framedrops on both the normal and new 3DS when you fight with winged Pokemon. You can almost count the frames on the wing animations. My hope is that they improve the engine so it's at least a steady 30fps.

Larry Xiong

Sep 19, 2007
Yoshi178 said:
i predict there will be trainers you have to battle to level up your pokemon
i predict there will be 8 gyms with gym leaders you have to defeat and gain 8 badges from
i predict there will be an evil organisation you have to defeat
i predict there will be an irritating "childhood friend" you have to battle
i predict there will be a road called victory road which serves as a test you have to pass
and finally i predict there will be 4 really strong trainers who call themselves the elite 4 that you have to defeat along with a champion you also have to defeat who will serve as the games final boss.
samething over and over again just like others games bornnnnnning

Liljumpman

May 11, 2016
Kibeth41 said:
Really comes across as if you're complaining about Exp Share and the existence of difficulty settings within Pokemon. You should probably work on that...
I wasn't, I was saying that my prediction is there will be another overpowered iteration of exp share that people will say "just turn it off lel" to justify its existence. Saying just turn it off is stupid, because one of the major complaints I've heard is that it overpowers your whole team, instead of just being able to hand it to one mon to help it catch up. The only way to train just one mon with it is to bank all your others and have a two man party. "Just turn it off" doesn't help for single pokemon training. I'm not complaining about it, as I said I used it heaps, I'm just pointing out that it is horribly overpowered and "just turn it off" will once again be the only rebuttal to that.

It's not my fault you're defensive as hell about it.

Liljumpman

May 11, 2016
Kibeth41 said:
Liljumpman said:
Kibeth41 said:
Really comes across as if you're complaining about Exp Share and the existence of difficulty settings within Pokemon. You should probably work on that...
I wasn't, I was saying that my prediction is there will be another overpowered iteration of exp share that people will say "just turn it off lel" to justify its existence.

It's not my fault you're defensive as hell about it.
I'm pointing out how your comment was conveyed, and how contradictory it looks next to your follow up. Literally nothing to do with Exp Share at this point.

But i'll bite, what exactly am I wrong about? Elaborate.
I don't care about your interpretation about my comment. Your interpretation was crap, this is a predictions thread, so I made a prediction that you immediately proved true before the game is even fucking out.

Also, saying just turn it off is stupid, because one of the major complaints I've heard is that it overpowers your whole team, instead of just being able to hand it to one mon to help it catch up. The only way to train just one mon with it is to bank all your others and have a two man party. "Just turn it off" doesn't help for single pokemon training. I'm not complaining about it, as I said I used it heaps, I'm just pointing out that it is horribly overpowered and "just turn it off" will once again be the only rebuttal to that.