Pokemon Sun and Moon Trailer Introduces the Evolved Forms of the Starter Pokemon

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Well, I had already locked in on popplio, but I will say I'm not terribly excited for the path it's going down. I was hoping he would get more clowney, you know?

Something like Circusman.EXE from Battle Network, but also a seal.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
The Pop Star Pokemon Brionne evolves from Popplio. Brionne can dance in perfect time with others and is always cheery and positive. A very hard worker, Brionne learns dances by imitating other members of its colony and can sometimes even learn dances from humans. As this Pokemon dances, it creates balloons and slaps them into its target, making them explode and deal damage to its opponents.
Heard it all now, it dances to make balloons to stick in opponents and then makes the balloons explode ... talk about the most contrived attack ever! Whats next, a fighting type that works out the perfect angles of attack, like Robert Downey JR's Sherlock to increase it's attack stat? "bustamove used equations and boosted it attack"

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Kibeth41 said:
Saelune said:
Except looking at the past starters, literally everyone followed more logical evolutions.
No, this is false. I can't be arsed to go through each starter and explain why each evolution chain has been the same, if not more nonsensical than this one. But we both know your statement is wrong.

And those exceptions show them moving towards their legs changing. Snivy becomes more snake-like, Cyndaquil relies on his back legs more, and Oshawott is getting weighed down by armor in their second forms.
This is really grasping at straws right here... Really don't see how you think this somehow "disproves" the Chinese leak, assuming it was true in the slightest.

Either way, we'll see the chinese leak more or less confirmed in a few weeks.

A lot of other things in the same leak have ended up being confirmed. And again, you need to really see what the leak for what it was. An early, unpolished concept.
I fail to see how I am factually wrong on a subjective point.

And actually up until this official reveal, I believed those pictures. Literally until I saw the official images of the second forms, I took those designs as true.

And less confirmed = false, just putting that out there. Dont really see the need for you to stick your fingers in your ears just because you dont like what I am saying, which again, is very much a subjective opinion on unconfirmed rumors.

DaCosta

Aug 11, 2016
They look cool. I'm warming up to the Popplio line, but Rowlet is still far and away the best one.

If we're going to talk about leaks, I heard there were sources claiming the starters and Rockruff were linked in some way. Rockruff has different evolutions depending on the version you play, it would be really cool if they did the same with the starters.

If that was the case I'd probably buy the one with the best Rowlet final form.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
The owl is the only one I'm interested in. Hopefully its final evolution will be good too.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
Saelune said:
Oh god, Drawfee was kind of right about Rowlett!
Yeah, that was the first thing I thought as well. They got it closer than they had any right to.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I have not played a Pokemon game since Silver, yet I might pick up the Sun version.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
I just wanted to add that apparently someone on Youtube said the second owl form look like Egoraptor.
I think I can safely they are right.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
The presence of Mallow in the leaks of Litten's final evolution months before she was officially revealed pretty much confirm the Chinese leaked concepts to be true. There is no denying it, these final forms are one possibility.

What we don't know is how much the official designs will deviate from the concept art and I remember the official reveal of Rockruff stated Rockruff and the starters hide a secret that only them have. We already know Rockruff gets branching evolutions based on exposure to sun or moon. Considering light and dark are the themes of this gen, it is still entirely possible that the final evolutions of the starters will be branching. If that's not the secret, what could it be?

If this generation is doing anything, it's shaking some well known features, mechanics and really playing with evolution. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the finals branch and while it feels like reaching, the descriptions of the middle forms of the starters all seem to talk about it similar to Lyanroc's.

At times, this Pokemon feels so bothered by its dirty or ruffled feathers that it can?t focus on battle. When it loses its focus, it sometimes even retires from the battle on the spot! It?s up to each Trainer to help Dartrix overcome this troublesome stage. If this Pokemon is with a Trainer who helps it through, its strength will grow hugely!
Torracat has a great love for battle and will attack so relentlessly that its opponents lose the will to fight. And yet it sometimes behaves like spoiled child in front of Trainers or Pokemon with whom it has built a relationship of trust.
Brionne always acts cheery and positive. Even when it?s feeling sad, this Pokemon doesn?t allow its sorrow to show. It?s said that Brionne will only reveal a sad expression to a Pokemon or Trainer to whom it has opened its heart completely.
from Lyanroc said:
When Rockruff is bathed in profuse amounts of solar energy, it evolves into its Midday Form. In the world of Pok?mon Sun, Solgaleo?s influence causes Rockruff to evolve into this form. Lycanroc lives solo in mountains and deserts, not creating a pack. Each has its own territory, and they live without interfering with one another, which helps to avoid unnecessary fights. Lycanroc obeys its Trainer?s orders dutifully. In particular, if a Trainer accepted it during its more rebellious pre-Evolution period, Lycanroc will never ever betray that Trainer and will be the most loyal of partners. The Midday Form Lycanroc is known for speedy movements that leave its opponents bewildered. It dodges opponents? strikes while attacking with the sharp rocks of its mane as it slips right past them. Midnight Form Lycanroc provokes its opponents by pressing in hard and inviting their attack. When an opponent falls for this tactic and attacks, Lycanroc counters with its forte: a single devastating blow that finishes off its foe! The stronger its opponent is, the more excited for battle Lycanroc becomes. It doesn?t mind getting hurt if it means victory in battle. Battles thrill it so much that its eyes glow. Contempt rises in this Pok?mon for Trainers who give orders it doesn?t agree with or who try to force it to battle. On the other hand, it will feel a deep trust in a Trainer who can truly draw forth its power in battle.!
They all hint at the bond between trainer and Pokemon and stuff happens when it's strong.

--------------------
Anyway though, if it turns out I am completely wrong owl robinhood it is for me.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Awww, Brionne's adorable. Interesting way to use Bubble, hopefully it gets it's own animation. Bubble Beam could be hilarious to see too.