Pokemon: The Christian Playthrough

KoalaKid

Apr 15, 2011
Glass Joe the Champ said:
KoalaKid said:
This is insensitive, even with your "a christian helped me make it" bit its obviously insulting. Also the idea that all Christian's disagree with evolution is false.
Kimarous said:
Speaking as a Christian (and a Protestant at that), this is in bad taste. Even if you do mean for it to be tongue-in-cheek, it still comes across as mean-spirited and trying to paint Christians as ignorant and closed-minded. The "avoid science labs at all possible" rule feels particularly insulting.

Oh, and OP? When you feel the need to ask the mods to not ban you, I think that should clue you in on how well this will go over.
Eh, whatevs. Sorry if I offended you, but it's practically impossible to get a laugh without offending someone. If the mods get mad, I'll deal, but I've made it pretty clear I'm not trying to troll.
Don't worry, atheist make up a vast majority of this site I'm sure you won't get in trouble.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Arfonious said:
Casual Shinji said:
Arfonious said:
Casual Shinji said:
Arfonious said:
Casual Shinji said:
Arfonious said:
Isn't it very unchristian to get offended like that?

You know the whole don't strike back stuff that Jesus talked about? A lot of christians seems to forget about that.
Being offended is a pretty human response.

How we choose to express it is what matters, and so far in this thread that has been rather mild.
Matthew 5, 38-48
Yeah, maybe if you programmed that into a robot that would work, but every human will ultimately get offended no matter how much they turn the other cheek. I don't care if you're a Buddhist monk.

Just like how every atheist can get scared even when there's no logical sense behind it.

And there's nothing wrong by feeling offended when someone trashes you're believes, as long as you don't turn hateful and violent about the matter.
I do agree that it is very human to get offended but to act it out is very unchristian
Every Christian is a little un-Christian.

Just because someone is Christian doesn't mean they have the Bible downloaded into there brain as a set of unbreakable directives. Maybe some people do, but they're the loonies.
I understand that but is a bit confused. Because if god made everything and made everything perfect, then why did he make it almost impossible to be a good christian?
I'm not an expert on the subject, but being Christian means following the ideal of Jesus Christ. And Jesus was just an all around nice guy who treated al men and women equal and with loving care even if they didn't give him the same courtesy. The idea being that if everyone acted this way we would be one big happy super organism.

But we're all individuals with individual wants and needs, which may - and do - go against the principals of other individuals. And this is the root of all problems in the world. But eventhough we'll never achieve a world were everyone treats eachother with respect and loving care, that doesn't mean we should stop striving for it.

And when it comes to God, it really depends on what you're interpretation of "Him" ot "It" is. The word religion itself means "re-linking" or "reunion". And if one interpretates God as the mystery behind the truth of exsistence, then religion is all about trying to re-link with that. Eventhough it'll never happen.

Arfonious

Nov 9, 2009
JFrog84 said:
Arfonious said:
JFrog84 said:
Arfonious said:
Casual Shinji said:
Arfonious said:

You know the whole don't strike back stuff that Jesus talked about? A lot of christians seems to forget about that.

How we choose to express it is what matters, and so far in this thread that has been rather mild.
Matthew 5, 38-48
poimt me to the exact verse where it talks about being offended. It also never mentions not telling someone if you belive them to be wrong. If you want verses that back up what people are saying then try Leviticus 19, 17 or 1 Timothy 5, 1. If your going to quote scripture then make sure you understand the context.

Hope this answers your questions
Perhapps it's all about how you interperate the texts.
Two things I have to add:
1: Nothing was said about revenge in the given Leviticus chapters
2: Didn't Jesus "overrule" most of the first Testament? A big part of the New one is about changing the rules from the old one.
1. It's not about revenge, is anyone here trying to get revenge? Or are they just saying either your wrong or it's in bad taste? That would be a rebuke, so Leviticus fits.

2. No, it's a common misconception. Mathew 5, 17-20
1. English is not my first language, so revenge was perhapps the wrong word but again it's about interpretation.

2. He did not overrule the 10 amendments. However, Matthew 5, 21-37 indicates changes of "lesser rules"

Avayu

Apr 15, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
And the reasons that a Muslim playthrough wouldn't be done is because the only well-known radicalisation is suicide bombing, and (arguably) circumcision. Which isn't anywhere near as light-hearted, or applicable, as 'no evolution'.
Radical Muslim playthrough: Whenever a female trainer looks you into the eyes, you fight her and show that insubordinate, westernised woman where her place is ... Oh, wait, you already do that!
Then there's something about using explosion and hiding in caves ...

You're right, that's not that much fun. Although, you could probably just add the "no evolution" rule as well, since Muslim extremists don't really like Darwin either.

RobCoxxy

Feb 22, 2009
To laugh at yourself, you must be open-minded.
To complain this makes you look ignorant and closed minded only proves this notion correct.

Hamish Durie

Apr 30, 2011
sorry but this is great and an original way to play a game that shouldve died out years ago
way to keep ot fresh guys

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
lordmoneywager said:
is mew Jesus?
and Mewtwo is the Anti-Christ.

OT:This is damn funny and I'll probably try it if I get an urge to play pokemon again.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Casual Shinji said:
Look you guys, someone's taking a stab at Christianity... How edgy.

Now let's see you create a "Muslim Playthrough" list, if you dare.
Look. The OP is making fun of radical Christians, FOR FUN. He's not trying to be edgy.

And the reasons that a Muslim playthrough wouldn't be done is because the only well-known radicalisation is suicide bombing, and (arguably) circumcision. Which isn't anywhere near as light-hearted, or applicable, as 'no evolution'.
I'm just finding it a bit tiresome seeing the umpteenth "Look Christians, LOL" thread on this site. I know I shouldn't be surprised by that, but after a while it starts to wear really thin.

JFrog84

Jan 13, 2011
Arfonious said:
JFrog84 said:
Arfonious said:
JFrog84 said:
Arfonious said:
Casual Shinji said:
Arfonious said:

Matthew 5, 38-48
poimt me to the exact verse where it talks about being offended. It also never mentions not telling someone if you belive them to be wrong. If you want verses that back up what people are saying then try Leviticus 19, 17 or 1 Timothy 5, 1. If your going to quote scripture then make sure you understand the context.

Hope this answers your questions
Perhapps it's all about how you interperate the texts.
Two things I have to add:
1: Nothing was said about revenge in the given Leviticus chapters
2: Didn't Jesus "overrule" most of the first Testament? A big part of the New one is about changing the rules from the old one.
1. It's not about revenge, is anyone here trying to get revenge? Or are they just saying either your wrong or it's in bad taste? That would be a rebuke, so Leviticus fits.

2. No, it's a common misconception. Mathew 5, 17-20
1. English is not my first language, so revenge was perhapps the wrong word but again it's about interpretation.

2. He did not overrule the 10 amendments. However, Matthew 5, 21-37 indicates changes of "lesser rules"
1. I strongly dissagree with it being about interpretation the verses I used are clear instructions on how to deal with others in a particular circumstance.

2. It's not really a change to the rules as such more of a explanation of whats included. Also it does refer to some of the 10 comandments directly. A very simple low level explanation is if your so angry that you wish someone was dead your just as guilty of murder (for purposes of being a sinner) as if you had killed them. Yet, being angry is not of itself sinful. See John 2, 12-17

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
As a Catholic, I didn't find it funny but I didn't find it offensive either. I do like the Bidoof Priest though. If I were still into Pokemon, I'd try it out at least once (As well as the Nuzlock rules).

KoalaKid

Apr 15, 2011
TheCommie12 said:
KoalaKid said:
This is insensitive, even with your "a christian helped me make it" bit its obviously insulting. Also the idea that all Christian's disagree with evolution is false.
so you are against satire? One of the earliest from of criticism?
Yes, of course what I am saying is that I hate satire! Me and satire have just never gotten along. Satire, hell yeah I'm against it! I'm an anti-staireist. Satire starts running its mouth so we take it outside and have an old school street fight. Then someone calls the comedy police and we both end up in jail. Some people wear antiperspirant, I wear anti-satire. One of the oldest forms of criticism? More like one of the oldest forms of shitty shitty on some titties, and you can take that however you want!

dave1004

Sep 20, 2010
Ha-ha. Total win! I don't like pokemon or christians, so this is like a medley of hatred for me :p.

lazy_bum

Mar 25, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Look you guys, someone's taking a stab at Christianity... How edgy.

Now let's see you create a "Muslim Playthrough" list, if you dare.
i may just do that, there are a hell of alot of liberal muslims out there who would see the funny side, hell one of my best drinking buddies is muslim, he only stops for Ramadan.

In fact many of them are an Islamic version of the cafeteria Catholic. With the loudmouth extremeists causing trouble, giving everyone a bad name and making the majority of muslims facepalm. At least thats how he describes it.

OT: i think this is hilarious a people need to learn to take a joke better.

Finbark

Jul 24, 2008
Anyone notice this made its way over to Memebase? Sorry about the necro, I just thought it was interesting.
http://pokememes.memebase.com/2011/09/12/pokmon-arceus-used-sacrifice/

pppppppppppppppppp

Jun 23, 2011
Finbark said:
Anyone notice this made its way over to Memebase? Sorry about the necro, I just thought it was interesting.
http://pokememes.memebase.com/2011/09/12/pokmon-arceus-used-sacrifice/
Oh hey, OP here, sorry that it's been like three months or something, but I just found this while browsing the internet and it's cool that it caught on.

Whoever uploaded it to memebase/reddit/tumblr ect, gracias. :)

(and again, no offense religious folk)

Darh Abdomino

Sep 20, 2010
KoalaKid said:
TheCommie12 said:
KoalaKid said:
so you are against satire? One of the earliest from of criticism?
Yes, of course what I am saying is that I hate satire! Me and satire have just never gotten along. Satire, hell yeah I'm against it! I'm an anti-staireist. Satire starts running its mouth so we take it outside and have an old school street fight. Then someone calls the comedy police and we both end up in jail. Some people wear antiperspirant, I wear anti-satire. One of the oldest forms of criticism? More like one of the oldest forms of shitty shitty on some titties, and you can take that however you want!
I think that one was sarcasm, but I'm not sure. Man, the Internet needs an irony font.