pokemon types

Nov 12, 2010
I am waiting for some kind of harpy,like a flying/fighting type.That would be amazing.
Personally though,my favorite type combo would has to be fire/fighting simply because rocks no longer apply in rage

timeadept

Nov 23, 2009
Scissor, A bug and steel is my favorite, it only has one double weakness, fire and i believe it can have the ability levitate? If not it's still a fast and powerful poke'mon with great defense granted by being steel and few weaknesses.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Psycho Cat Industries said:
I am waiting for some kind of harpy,like a flying/fighting type.That would be amazing.
Personally though,my favorite type combo would has to be fire/fighting simply because rocks no longer apply in rage
Well, you better hope that your fire/fighting would be faster and strong enough to take the rock type out one hit, because the fighting type part offers no resistance against the weakness of the fire part to rock attacks.

--------------

My favorite types are water and fire. If there is any type that has the most variety in choices of different pokemon, water is saturated in how many there are. My favorite being Starmie, followed by Gyarados. Starmie is a powerhouse, fast and strong and can use a diverse array of attacks. The set up I have for my level 75 one is: Surf, Psychic, Thunder, and Power Gem. It is a force to be reckoned with.

I would like to see a type combination that hasn't been done before. That combination is Fire/Water. It may gain more weaknesses than lose weaknesses, but I think it would be cool.

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
If pokemon was more 'real-timey' combat wise, my favourites would be electricity and normal, simply becaue they each have only one weakness and only one thing they can't hurt. Also, electricity tends to get paralysis related abilities, and decent speed,both of which fit with my "Neutral, fast and not necessarily strong" preference for non-pokemon-style battling. But in pokemon, it would have to be ... I* don't really have one to be honest. I mean, they each have a whole bunch of appealing qualities; Dark has Umbreon (and doesn't have a 'common-type' weakness); Fire has Arcanine (it's a dog that breathes fire); Water is versatile and normally comes with a nice combo-type (like poison, ice, flying, psychic, etc); and Grass tends to have some good versatility by itself (and is a common mix with poison), so you get everything from tanks to fighters to speedy-things *cough*sceptile*cough*, and it can also get leech seed, poison powder, stun spore, mega drain, etc so it can be used as stalling-mess-your-shit-up-er.

Crumpet Man

Oct 12, 2010
I've always been partial to Ice type myself. As for what type combination would be cool, fire/ice would be pretty cool to see

Nov 12, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
Well, you better hope that your fire/fighting would be faster and strong enough to take the rock type out one hit, because the fighting type part offers no resistance against the weakness of the fire part to rock attacks.

--------------

My favorite types are water and fire. If there is any type that has the most variety in choices of different pokemon, water is saturated in how many there are. My favorite being Starmie, followed by Gyarados. Starmie is a powerhouse, fast and strong and can use a diverse array of attacks. The set up I have for my level 75 one is: Surf, Psychic, Thunder, and Power Gem. It is a force to be reckoned with.

I would like to see a type combination that hasn't been done before. That combination is Fire/Water. It may gain more weaknesses than lose weaknesses, but I think it would be cool.
That is why the only fire and fighting are powerhouses.

TeeBs

Oct 9, 2010
Grass, Ice and Dragon.

Grass is natures Pokemon and ever design is so cute *-1 man card* and they are really great at causing status effects. Also my favorite Gym Leader is Erika.

Ice is probably my favorite Pokemon to use offensively, swift, tends to have a high special attack and ice is the only type other then dragon to be good against dragon, which because most of my friends are pseudo legendary whores is great.

And to the guy who said normal is the Jack of All Trades, Fuck that, Dragon kills in that category with every Dragon pokemon on the top of my head able to learn Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, and Ice Beam and a plethora of other moves.

Off the top of my head I can't think of any dual type of any of these. Other then snover but fuck snover.

My Favorite pokemon would be Oddish, Bellossom, Weavile, Mamoswine, Dragonite, and Dragonair

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
Biosophilogical said:
Dark has Umbreon (and doesn't have a 'common-type' weakness)
Bug and Fighting. I always have an attack from both of those types in my party(Bug Buzz, usually, and I always have somebody that at least knows Rock Smash), and everybody else that I know does the same.

So, unless you are packing a Spiritomb or a Sableye(Dark/Ghost), your Dark type is going to be in a world of hurt.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Steel, Psychic, Water. Dragon as an honourable mention.

As for a type combo I'd like to see - They already exist. Steel/Psychic, Steel/Dark, Dragon/Electric. That said, I'd like to see an Ice/Steel.

TeeBs said:
Ice is probably my favorite Pokemon to use offensively, swift, tends to have a high special attack and ice is the only type other then dragon to be good against dragon, which because most of my friends are pseudo legendary whores is great.

And to the guy who said normal is the Jack of All Trades, Fuck that, Dragon kills in that category with every Dragon pokemon on the top of my head able to learn Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, and Ice Beam and a plethora of other moves.
Dragons are so easy to defeat, though. The majority of them have 4x weakness to ice, and most of the Pseudo-Legendaries can learn Ice moves. A Pokémon with Ice Shard can walk through every Dragon type there is, since it's Increased Priority.

They're powerful, but they're glass cannons.

As for Normal being Jack of All Trades, I agree, that's retarded. That would likely be down to Water or perhaps Fighting. Most Pokémon in those areas are able to learn vast amounts of elemental moves, and most Water Pokémon are tanks as well.

Also, I can't help but laugh at all the Dark-type fanboys and girls here. Dark is a terrible type. No notable bonuses, only two resistances, a weakness to fighting (common) and a weakness to bug. The moves aren't even that impressive. The only genuinely good thing about dark is immunity to Psychic, which is fairly benign anyway.

MrAkuma201

Oct 28, 2009
Dark and ice ..... I think its a good mix I think the only weakness it will have is fire x2

TriggerHappyAngel

Self-Important Angler Fish
Feb 17, 2010
rokkolpo said:
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Dragons and Ghosts are awesome of course and so is Steel.

A mix between Dragon and Ghost would be awesome; I would let my Dragonite and Ghastly breed and get; Ghastonite >:D
Call it Gaston!

Thanks for that, I lol'd :)

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
TriggerHappyAngel said:
Dragons and Ghosts are awesome of course and so is Steel.

A mix between Dragon and Ghost would be awesome; I would let my Dragonite and Ghastly breed and get; Ghastonite >:D

Already exists.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:

--------------

You missed my point. Fire/Fighting just has way too many weaknesses. They may have speed, but every time I have encountered somebody using one, they were pushovers and speed was never enough. Strength was never enough either since my pokemon are mainly trained against certain pokemon that boost mine in the areas of defense as well as speed.

Nov 12, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
Sonic Doctor said:

--------------

You missed my point. Fire/Fighting just has way too many weaknesses. They may have speed, but every time I have encountered somebody using one, they were pushovers and speed was never enough. Strength was never enough either since my pokemon are mainly trained against certain pokemon that boost mine in the areas of defense as well as speed.
Ah.Well,I never really delved into the online combat since friend codes and the like,but I will note that for B&W.Thanks for the tip.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
I Beat the entirety of Sapphire with JUST a sableye.... or was it sapphire? Maybe it was another version... i don't really remember.

Anyways, i had ONE level 86 sableye and all my other pokemon were level 25 or lower. I simply never needed anything else. I BEAT EVERYONE INCLUDING ALL THE IN GAME LEGENDARIES WITH ONE POKEMON.

So forgive me if i don't stick with dark ghost as my favorite.