Pokemon X and Y Introduces "Mega" Evolutions

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
Draconalis said:
"introduces Megaevolution" my ass. Digimon had that years ago.

DIGIVOLVE!
INTO CHAMPION!
DIGIVOLVE!
INTO ULTIMATE!

I know that pokemon evolutions don't tend to make sense...

But how does one's tail go from their ass... to their head?

I can believe a fish into a flying sea monster easier than that.
I always thought Digimon was better than Pokemon, it dealt with more mature themes, and lets face it the monsters were awesome.

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Lucario, one of the most badass pokemon has finally become the most badass pokemon. Damn he looks so fucking cool!

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
"Alright, it's time for a new Pokemon game! Let's here your ideas people!"
"I don't have any."
"Very funny, now what have you got?"
"Seriously, I don't have any! I ran out of ideas when I turned the ALPHABET into Pokemon!"
"PokeGod and PokeDevil were my last ideas."
"I've just been throwing random sounds together for years!"
"Can't we just tack Mega onto the beginning of a few to make them stronger?"
"BRILLIANT! Cut it, print it, and find a way to make PokeConciences!"

Flaery

Ghetto Trash
Dec 23, 2012
It's about time Absol got some sort of evolution. As a harbinger of disaster he really should've gotten an evolved form that symbolizes that disaster made true.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Nazulu said:
Mega Mewtwo? Wasn't he powerful enough in the first movie? Able to control and create whatever he wants.

I don't like the idea but I'll lookout just in case.
Considering that the legendaries that came after Mewtwo (one being able to bend space and time, two were powerful enough to create a region and one being god itself), it's good to see Mewtwo rising up the steps again.

Anyway it was unexpected feature that none of us saw it coming but still I like they have revisit some of the old Pokemon like Absol and Mawile. Wheather this will be good or not remain to be seen until release day.

TWEWYFan

Mar 22, 2012
I can't really speak from a gameplay perspective yet; maybe this will be good or maybe not. I will say I really don't like this from a aesthetic perspective though, and it neatly embodies a lot of the problems I've heard with the new generations. How so many of the new Pokemon seemed over-designed and busy when compared to the simpler Gen I look. It reminds me of Yahtzee's comment about the hats in Team Fortress 2, add-ons messing with perfectly good character design.

Jiffex

Dec 11, 2011
This video shows that the Mega Evolutions are only obtainable through battles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YTHgE0vtOXU

So what if it's similar to Digimon? I think it's a pretty cool thing and am excited for what else we'll see.

These are some higher res pics of some of the Mega evolutions

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
Nazulu said:
Mega Mewtwo? Wasn't he powerful enough in the first movie? Able to control and create whatever he wants.

I don't like the idea but I'll lookout just in case.
Considering that the legendaries that came after Mewtwo (one being able to bend space and time, two were powerful enough to create a region one being god itself), it's good to see Mewtwo rising up the steps again.
He was already stupidly overpowered and unstoppable, and at the end of the movie he said he was going to create his own world. Yeah, I'm just going to ignore the story's from now on, it's doing my head in.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Well this could go either way, all that can be said right now is about the designs, and apart from absol I think they are all good, with mawil being the biggest improvement in my opinion.

Forobryt

Dec 14, 2012
MegaDitto here we come! or maybe even MegaSnorlax, yes if MegaSnorlax does not occur i shall be greatly disappointed for Snorlax is the best pokemon.

Snorlax Rest and Rollout!

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Draconalis said:
"introduces Megaevolution" my ass. Digimon had that years ago.

DIGIVOLVE!
INTO CHAMPION!
DIGIVOLVE!
INTO ULTIMATE!

I know that pokemon evolutions don't tend to make sense...

But how does one's tail go from their ass... to their head?

I can believe a fish into a flying sea monster easier than that.
Haha, pretty much this. Pokemon is kind of late to the party. I remember always liking Digimon more than Pokemon anyway.

I do love how MegaAmpharos resembles the Glorious PC Master Race meme.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Jiffex said:

So what if it's similar to Digimon? I think it's a pretty cool thing and am excited for what else we'll see.

Damn you ninja!

I counter with this!:

Here's hoping we see more of MegaAbsol soon.

JSoup

Jun 14, 2012
Silly name aside, my first thought was that there better be a MegaMagikarp in the works.

theuberlord

Sep 16, 2010
So...there are 6 pokemon here....Anyone else feel they might have just released the champion's team?

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
theuberlord said:
So...there are 6 pokemon here....Anyone else feel they might have just released the champion's team?
well

a, mewtwo is in it so I and majority of people would be caught of guard if the leader used a mewtwo of any shape or size.

b, there will be more mega pokemon this is jsut some other wise less then 1% of pokemon would have this ability.

I would also like to say it has been confirmed that megastones are unique for each pokemon, they will need to wear it to use it, other requirements need to met as well and finally it will make them stronger and not just change their ability and/or type.

soren7550 said:
Jiffex said:

Damn you ninja!

I counter with this!:

Here's hoping we see more of MegaAbsol soon.
part of me thinks that, that image is them fighting over which one will be in the next super smash bros (I am hoping for mewtwo), if either is I wonder if their mega form will be their new final smash move.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
I think they're trying too hard to impress people. I feel like this whole idea wasn't their own, but something they thought up to keep players' attention. It depends how it plays out in the actual games, though... and I think MegaAmpharos is the coolest of the lot (because he suddenly gains back a bit of the fluff he lost when he evolved).

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I came into this article wanting to be snarky and just say "You mean they evolve into the Kaiju from Pacific Rim?", but I'm not sure how I feel about this news. Ampharos, Lucario, and Blaziken get an upgrade, though? That's awesome news. Holy hell's bells, Batman, MegaAmpharos looks incredible. Was never that fond of Mewtwo, and I don't know who the others are, (I've been out of the Pokemon game for awhile) but those three have my attention.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
I don't have much invested in Pokemon at this point, but its good to see Nintendo make an actual change at last, one which isn't throwing another handful of critters into a new land.