Pokemon: Your most epic capture

LKArtillery

Mar 30, 2011
Ah, years ago... Pokemon Ruby version. Middle of the night on a road trip.

Surfing near Fortree City, I happened upon a shiny Carvhana!

BUT I ONLY HAD ONE BALL LEFT.

I painstakingly whittled its HP down and managed to paralyze it by luck with Shroomish's Effect Spore.

Threw the ball.

wiggle wiggle wiggle click!

I now have a shiny Sharpedo. B)

Walkchalk

Nov 9, 2009
Well I was catching one of the legendaries in the new one. The grass/fighting one in the forest, I think its called Virizion? Anyway I meant to throw a quick ball at it but I selected a net ball by accident and caught it on the first round with full health.

Cobster

Mar 29, 2011
Probably when i caught a Mewtwo, Registeel, Latias, lv 100 Alakazam, Deoxy's, all in separate pokeballs and each on the first turn. (In the PalPark)

But most recently when i caught Zekrom with a pokeball critcal capture.

PlayingOpossum

May 5, 2010
Puttering around in the safari zone on Soul Silver for the first time, just to see what I could find in there. Dittos, Woopers, Hoppips, shiny Abra . . . wait . . . shiny Abra?! The very first shiny I ever EVER come across in the hours and hours I've spent playing these games over the years is the one which evolves into the single greatest terror one could face from the first generation (aside from Mewtwo, of course)? Okay, okay - be cool, don't panic . . . Don't just throw a safari ball at it right away: it'll just bust out and flee . . . Throw some bait . . . Abra is eating the bait . . . It's watching me carefully! This is good! What do I do what do I do - more bait? Safari ball? Ummm . . . Safari ball! One shake . . . two shakes . . . click! BOOYAH! SHINY ABRA BITCHES!

Oh lax nature? Lame. At least it's all sparkly.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Oh well the most epic thing I got was the Shiny Eevee I hatched (My reaction... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!! FUCK YEEAAH BETCHES!) in Diamond and evolved into Umbreon. It now happily lies in my Black team at lvl 100.

But the most epic capture was getting Entei in HG with a Pokeball when I ran into it by accident. Ran into it and knew it would run and I had nothing to use so I just chucked the Pokeball for fun. Was not expecting the capture.

Oh and though all my games I have run into 3 shinies (Wailmer in Ruby, Hoothoot in HG and Oddish in my old Gold version) in the wild and hatched one(My Eevee) I like to think I am a lucky player.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
I made a thread years ago about "Things in gaming you did that would be considered legendary" and mine was catching a Ho-Oh in the original Gold version with a pokeball no cheats or anything

Sven_Untgaarde

Jun 14, 2010
I don't have anything epic, more so, extremely frustrating.

In the original Pokemon Blue, i was hunting for Mewtwo. When you're 6, this is quite awesome, as well, you don't know how to play properly. However, i was the youngest brother, so this game was my Brother's, so i had to make sure he didn't know i was playing HIS game.
I lacked both medicine and high leveled pokemon, ranging around LVL 50. So i went into the Unknown Dungeon and figured out that my ass was getting kicked. Marowak's weren't very easy, since my Blastiose fainted quite quickly, and Ditto's need to suck a cock. F**k those assholes.

At the point in which i could surf to Mewtwo's island, i had 2 pokemen left, both very weak, considering my lack of medicine. I thought, "Screw that. I've got a Master Ball", un-duplicated, unfortunately. So i swam over to his island, and fought him, Saving before the battle.

I thought that maybe i should've weakened him down. I can't remember now, but i think if you throw a ball at him without weakening him, he won't be caught, regardless of ball. I tried Blizzard from Articuno, which both went second as well as missed. Thank God Mewtwo used Barrier. Unfortunately, he thought against his stupid move and considered Psychic, fainting my bird. Thank God i still had Alakazam.

So i rushed to use Psychic on him, which although went second, dealt some damage. However, Alakazam had very few points of HP, and so i had to catch him right now. Not only that, my batteries were dying. I opened my inventory, and selected my Master Ball. And then...

The "Your BOX is too full" message popped up. At that point, i started to cry. Not only was i not able to catch it, but my brother was probably going to kill me, literally. I turned the game off, and then remembered, "NO! I SAVED RIGHT BEFORE HIM!"

Then, i got punched a couple of times, and never played his game again. Until 4 years from then, when he didn't care :D

ilspooner

Apr 13, 2010
I had a experience with Terraikion. Its on the red, paralyzed. I'm spamming ultra balls at it, they were either not wiggling, or wiggling once. I was bored, so I threw a poke ball at it. It wiggles once. Trying to go back to ultra balls, I accidentally hit the last item button, as habit. I watch the poke ball. "Eh. It wiggled once. Oh, twice? Meh. It won't catch. Three times? Wow. HOLY FRAKKING HELL IT CAUGHT IT?! WOOOOOOOOO"