Police Say Adults Shouldn't Own Animal Crossing

NinjaKirby1322

Feb 25, 2009
No...This can't be real. There's no way this is real. *checks calendar* Seriously, is it Wednesday already? Did my nap last over 24 hours?

TheEvilDuck

Mar 18, 2009
"YOU ARE TOO OLD TO BUY THAT YOU ARE NOW OFFICIALLY A CHILD MOLESTER!!!!!!!!"

And Lord knows because it involves a video game you are now four times more evil than your average pedophile because you kill people too. :p

Whippo

Mar 27, 2009
LOL I am more concerned as to why anyone would want to own animal crossing :p I should send my friend to read this thread!

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
ah more FUCKEN BULLSHIT this is a waste of time maybe the media should just shut the fuck up these stories are just paranoia and remember kids "PARANOIA KILLS"

Lios

Oct 17, 2008
Scapegoating games attempt has failed. They don't care about children being "vulnerable." They just want something to talk about and make themselves look good.

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
fuck

now the police are in the "im a big fucking moron that likes to blame video games for everything RKOENGMAERHG" crowd the world is going to hell

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
This is so unbelievably stupid. So, after saying that nobody should play games that are too violent, they are now saying no adults should be playing games that are too innocent?

Wait, I get it. They just don't want adults playing games, because adults have voting rights. They've apparently realized that there now exists a significant number of voting gamers and they're tailoring their latest attack at them. So, once they ban adults from playing innocent kid's games, then they can ban adult games "for the children." Finally, with nothing to play, the adult gamers turn to cannibalism and games are officially outlawed.

... Maybe I should stop binge-watching The X-Files.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
"There is no reason an adult should have this game"

... ... ... I think I might have thought of a decent reason, they like the fucking game... hmmmm...? Does that make sense to anyone else? I think it's a decent reason.

bue519 said:
.... This seriously sounds like an April Fools joke. I mean my mom plays the Wii and I'm pretty sure that shes not a pedophile.
How can you be so sure? (dun dun dun)

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
I know what I'm getting for Christmas!...A PS3! Ha! Take that Task Force Coordinator!

Kingsman

Feb 5, 2009
bue519 said:
.... This seriously sounds like an April Fools joke. I mean my mom plays the Wii and I'm pretty sure that shes not a pedophile.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Y73sPHKxw

OR IS SHE?!

Seriously, though, this is just a complete wash. I can't imagine that they're actually pushing this as an issue.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Malygris said:
Police Say Adults Shouldn't Own Animal Crossing

Police in Missouri have put a new twist on age-inappropriate gaming by saying there is "no reason" adults would own games like Animal Crossing [http://animal-crossing.com/] unless they're using them as pedophile bait.
Okay, umm...

WTF?!

Nintendo made it as a game suitable for ALL AGES! Therefore, it is suitable for adults, so lord knows why the police can find no reason for it. Could they just like it? Is it the brilliant graphics on such a small screen? Nope, it's paedophile bait. It's like saying that adults can't play on a Wii, as that's aimed specifically at kids, despite the fact that most if not all the Wii adverts show adults playing it. Same with most games for the DS. They're designed for kids, but the adverts shows adults playing them.

The_Angry_Haruhist

Apr 16, 2009
Guess I shouldn't be surprised. Authorities are ALWAYS looking for "indecent" and "immoral" aspects of video games, and I guess they decided it's high time to really crackdown on the evils of Animal Crossing, the tool of pedophiles everywhere.

Sometimes it's embarassing to live in this society...

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
This is stupid, in my opinion. I mean seriously, the game isn't like that. I played the original game once on a Gamecube that my friend owned, and it was no way some kind of tool for pedos. However, I will note that I did leave a message for my friend's mom to read (it was her game, his gamecube) that said "You smell like cheese, feet, and underarm hair." She doesn't talk to me much anymore...