[Politics] A captain of a Detention Facility in RI drove a truck into Protesters [NSFW]

Sep 24, 2008
Videos in this thread will be not NSFW.

A truck drove into a line of ICE protesters outside a detention facility in Rhode Island [https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/us/rhode-island-ice-detention-truck-protesters/index.html]

A captain at a Rhode Island detention facility has been placed on administrative leave after he drove a truck toward a line of protesters who were demanding the center cease its cooperation with US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, officials and witnesses said Thursday.

The incident Wednesday night was captured on video. Five demonstrators were hospitalized, according to the group that organized the protest, Never Again Action, which describes itself as a collection of Jewish people and their allies protesting ICE and the government's treatment of migrants.

Dozens of people had showed up to protest the contract between ICE and the Wyatt Detention Facility in Central Falls, the activists' news release said. As of Thursday morning there were 129 ICE detainees housed at the facility, ICE told CNN.

The detention facility said Capt. Thomas Woodworth has been placed on administrative leave pending the results of two investigations: an independent investigation being conducted by the Rhode Island State Police and an internal investigation being conducted by the facility.

ICE said its personnel were not involved in the incident.
Lou Dobbs and Former Ice Acting Director Tom Homan Support these Actions [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFPk1EWtp0].

Unedited [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NMV9eP3saM]

Let it be known that vehicular assault [https://www.justia.com/criminal/offenses/traffic-offenses/vehicular-assault/] is a thing. These two people are claiming that getting to work is more important to human lives. That the first instance of Vehicular Assault (Threatening is a form of Vehicular Assault) doesn't even matter as much as there was a group of people who assembled and didn't stand up until he swerved his truck into them.

There's a certain segment of this population that is now reveling in skewing common decency.

You don't have to agree with these people. You don't even have to like them. But you damn sure don't use a truck as a weapon when you can just drive away. Yeah, you have a job. I'm sure most bosses would understand that you couldn't get to work because of a protest that prevented you from entering.

But what do I know? That detention center boss might be a fan of Lou Dobbs and agrees with Woodworth's actions in secret, but placed him on Administrative Leave for the Optics.

I fear the lack of humanity left in this country. And how the same is being replicated in most countries.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Wait, don't tell me, if anyone dies from this it was because they had a heart attack and the driver only drove into a crowd of Jews and Jew allies out of self defense, am I right?

I almost miss Zontar's sniveling apologism at this point, if only because the four dimensional chess he would've needed to pull off to defend violence against Jews without revoking his tired "I'm a Jew and I'm ok with this horrible shit," defense would've been a laugh...for about five seconds. Like I said. I ALMOST miss him.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Go figure that people who are pro-child torture are horrible scum.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
What the fuck in actual fuck.

The whole sordid thing needs to be dismantled asap. These aren't people who should be allowed freedom let alone responsibility over vulnerable humans. If they think that indefensible crap is fine to publicly pull off and then publicly defend...what the fucking hell do they get up to behind those closed doors?

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
After the Border Patrol ran over a US citizen standing out in front of his own home and didn't even bother to stop, and then the border agent who was murdering women in Texas, why am I not surprised?
I posted a link to that video and so many more abuses that have been taking place on this thread already:

https://v1.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.1057307-Politics-Border-Patrol-arrest-reports-are-full-of-lies#24315096

Yea, it is often the worst of the worst are who want these jobs and it really is disgusting. It has been well known for years, these jobs attract some of the worst people because they who wants to torment desperate people trying to seek help other than the worst people imaginable in the first place?

The big question here is why was he not arrested? People can just run over people with trucks and not even be arrested now?

Jan 27, 2011
Lil devils x said:
The big question here is why was he not arrested? People can just run over people with trucks and not even be arrested now?
He has a gun and a badge, that automatically gives him a certain degree of immunity. ;>_>

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
aegix drakan said:
Lil devils x said:
He has a gun and a badge, that automatically gives him a certain degree of immunity. ;>_>
Yea sort of like that Border agent who was murdering Texas women right?

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Well, this all seems horrible.

Not as bad as I thought tho. Expected the truck to plow into the crowd at speed.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
"Centrists": You shouldn't punch people on the face just because they have a different opinion.

Antifa: *Changes to throwing milkshakes at people's clothing*

Far-right: *Changes to throwing vehicles at groups of people*

Thanks a lot, centrists! /s

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Neurotic Void Melody said:
What the fuck in actual fuck.

The whole sordid thing needs to be dismantled asap. These aren't people who should be allowed freedom let alone responsibility over vulnerable humans. If they think that indefensible crap is fine to publicly pull off and then publicly defend...what the fucking hell do they get up to behind those closed doors?
That's what we have been asking! But it seems that dismantling a whole governmental institution when its core is rotten is too unreasonable to demand...

Now, its rotting other institutions too.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
This has happened before, right? Like remember those stories out of Texas of private citizens, yous and mes types, walking around detention facilities with loaded rifles threatening to shoot any journalists who got too close, and the staff and police were okay with it?

Its like laws/reality just disappear around these places

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Wasn't what I expected. Dude slowly rolled forward to the employee entrance ppl moved then backup arrived and people dispersed. Probably should have just stopped in front then deployed pepper spray etc. Would have been better for optics.

Assemble protest etc more power to you and your cause, but once you start interfering with other peoples legal activities then I lose sympathy when someone cries foul for getting pepper sprayed or whatnot.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
sneakypenguin said:
Wasn't what I expected. Dude slowly rolled forward to the employee entrance ppl moved then backup arrived and people dispersed. Probably should have just stopped in front then deployed pepper spray etc. Would have been better for optics.

Assemble protest etc more power to you and your cause, but once you start interfering with other peoples legal activities then I lose sympathy when someone cries foul for getting pepper sprayed or whatnot.
Didn?t take long for the victim blaming to happen.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
sneakypenguin said:

From the OP:
Around 10 p.m., a dark pickup truck "intentionally swerved into a line of protesters, including at least three minors, who were seated across from the entrance" to the facility, the group said in its statement.
"Two people were treated for injuries from the truck, including 64-year-old Jerry Belair, who suffered a fractured leg and internal bleeding," organizer Amy Anthony told CNN in an email.
He apparently didn't have to swerve into the protestors at all, let alone fracture a guys leg. We obviously cannot see what is happening on the other side of the Truck.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Lil devils x said:
sneakypenguin said:

From the OP:
Around 10 p.m., a dark pickup truck "intentionally swerved into a line of protesters, including at least three minors, who were seated across from the entrance" to the facility, the group said in its statement.
"Two people were treated for injuries from the truck, including 64-year-old Jerry Belair, who suffered a fractured leg and internal bleeding," organizer Amy Anthony told CNN in an email.
He apparently didn't have to swerve into the protestors at all, let alone fracture a guys leg. We obviously cannot see what is happening on the other side of the Truck.
It does however seem that any actual injuries were caused not by the swerve but by the people continuing to stand in front of his truck after they honked at them to get out of the way.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Specter Von Baren said:
Lil devils x said:
sneakypenguin said:

From the OP:
It does however seem that any actual injuries were caused not by the swerve but by the people continuing to stand in front of his truck after they honked at them to get out of the way.
Your point? You honk at people in front of your car, you don?t get a get out of jail free card for waiting five seconds and then plowing into them.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
erttheking said:
sneakypenguin said:

Didn?t take long for the victim blaming to happen.
I think some people fail to understand what peacefully protesting actually is and what they actually are trying to accomplish here. Like when people protest they are supposed to go do it quietly out of the way allowing whatever they are protesting to just continue with them unnoticed...

It is like people have never heard of what happens during a Worker's Union strike and see our history of what people had to actually do to stop horrific human right's abuses (which this currently is) and get pay and benefits for workers at all. This world would be a hell of a lot worse than it is if we had not had the many people willing to peacefully block the way to make these things change. Yes they do often get arrested, but having them threatened, attacked, run over and harmed should not be seen as acceptable in any way.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Specter Von Baren said:
Lil devils x said:
sneakypenguin said:

From the OP:
An elderly man did not move fast enough from sitting on the ground so he should be made to move faster?

The guy should have never brought the Truck over there in the first place. If he wanted them legally moved, he should have called for people to legally move them, not push them out of his way with his vehicle. There is no excuse for what he chose to do instead of handling it properly.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
sneakypenguin said:

If protests don't inconvenience people, then its not a good protest.

Forget sympathy, try empathy.