[Politics] "Pregnant Woman Indicted For Baby's Death After Being Shot"

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Leg End said:
Saelune said:
If we all agreed to Communism, no one would have to die.
...That... Nevermind.
If you think Communism is inherently violent, then you don't know what Communism is. It is as inherently violent as Capitalism. (Capitalism is not inherently violent by the way)

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
Saelune said:
Shadowstar38 said:
Saelune said:
They are the definition of evil, plain and simple.
Well yeah. That's not an unreasonable statement.
Then why should we tolerate their existence?

There is no such thing as a 'Good Nazi'. Nor is Nazi a thing you have no choice in being. A person chooses to believe in that ideology, to condone and support and desire those views. There is no place in a good world for such people. Now, sure, I would prefer they just come to reason. I am willing to condone ex-Nazis, but they are few and far between. Being a Nazi is not the same as being a Communist, or Capitalist, or even Republican. To be a Nazi is to want to kill all people that goes against the ideal Aryan. To be a Nazi is to inherently be a threat to every person of Jewish descent or faith, every non-white person, every LGBT person, every person even mildly 'off'.

Look, I get it, we both exhange barbs and insults, we argue and fight and insinuate, but please, right now, in this post I am sincerely hoping you can understand me here, and that atleast for this moment, I am putting faith in that you genuinly are a good person who wants good to prevail, who doesnt have any desire to condone or support bigotry, please see and understand the problem here, why I am so vehement in my condemnation of Nazis and those who find Nazis philosophically appealing, that it is not the same to condemn Nazis as it is to condemn ethnicities, sexualities, or genders, nor is it even the same as condemning faiths or more reasonable poltiical parties or economic philosophies. Nazis, more than any group in modern history deserve nothing but absolute destruction, not because they 'just have a difference of opinion', but because their very existance is a threat to the very concept of Good. And this purge need not be utterly violent. Every Nazi turned away from that hateful ideology, turned ex, is also a Nazi purged from this world, but while ideal, that is unrealistic.

We need to make it beyond question that Nazism is unnaceptable, no exceptions. And I worry, genuinly worry, that you and others really dont understand or appreciate that.

I dont know if this will convince you, I know it can be hard for people to truly change what they believe, or their very perception of the world. I would not even think it possible if not for my own change. I know most just see me as an extreme left-winger, but I think most people forget that I used to identify as a 'centrist', albeit a left-leaning one, but still, I complained of the hypocrisy of blacks being racist against whites, of women being sexist against men, and similar issues. And yeah, I still think those are wrong, but I no longer am blinded to the unevenness of bigotry. It is a nice sentiment on paper, but it ignores the context of our real world. Nazis are not the 'evil trope' punching bag they once were, they have gained real and genuine power and influence on the world, on the US government, and I am seriously scared for my life and the lives of those threatened by this pure Evil ideology. I once could not imagine how Nazi Germany could have ever even happened in the first place, but now, now I am seeing it happen again with my own eyes, I am seeing Nazi ideology rise in popularity, and people defend it, and people give it the opportunity to grow, thrive and flourish. Even if you truly mean well with your defence of Nazis, and yes, I do really see it as a defense of them, if coming from a place intending good, it WILL have the opposite effect.

Sorry if this got a bit rambly. I really do hope you can come to understand me better now though, and I really hope to bring us both to a better place, but if you still dont understand me after this, then I guess I have nothing left to say to you, cause I am running out of words and hope.
...huh. I'm not sure what to add to this so, thanks for taking the time to write that and this is a fair stance. I won't bother harping on this anymore.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Saelune said:
If you think Communism is inherently violent, then you don't know what Communism is.
My issue is regarding the standard being "If we all agreed to X, nobody would have to die". To me, that is a rather messed up standard, and also opens up the door to other Fascist and Authoritarian ways of thinking. What if I just throw out the Holodomor ever time and say that's enough of a reason to shoot Communists on sight? Same branch, innit? I could even go as far as to throw out that it's all Authoritarian, and we should shoot all Authoritarian wrongthinkers. This is not a rabbit hole you want to go down. But back to the point of the thread, it's cool that the charges were ultimately dropped/not pursued in regards to the child, though the woman is still a violent shitface.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Leg End said:
Saelune said:
If you think Communism is inherently violent, then you don't know what Communism is.
My issue is regarding the standard being "If we all agreed to X, nobody would have to die". To me, that is a rather messed up standard, and also opens up the door to other Fascist and Authoritarian ways of thinking. What if I just throw out the Holodomor ever time and say that's enough of a reason to shoot Communists on sight? Same branch, innit? I could even go as far as to throw out that it's all Authoritarian, and we should shoot all Authoritarian wrongthinkers. This is not a rabbit hole you want to go down. But back to the point of the thread, it's cool that the charges were ultimately dropped/not pursued in regards to the child, though the woman is still a violent shitface.
You're completely missing the point of my comment. You are suggesting I am making an ultimatum, I am not. I am saying that if society followed communism properly, it requires no violence, because IT IS AN ECONOMIC SYSTEM. Nazism is inherently violent.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
CaitSeith said:
Schadrach said:
Saelune said:
Nazis threaten my life, but I am not allowed to retaliate.
If you are being assaulted by a Nazi, and you shoot them or stab them you can claim self defense as well as anyone else. By threatening your life, you *do* mean actually assaulting you or attempting to do so, not publicly assembling and speaking, right?
Even in a sarcastic joke you have to defend the Nazis, don't you?
I'm not defending Nazis, I'm doubting that they "threaten her life" in an immediate sense, and not, you know, by assembling and speaking in public. Because they have a constitutionally protected right to do that, but in the case of the former I and most courts would accept that she's "allowed to retaliate."

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Schadrach said:
CaitSeith said:
Schadrach said:
Saelune said:
Nazis threaten my life, but I am not allowed to retaliate.
If you are being assaulted by a Nazi, and you shoot them or stab them you can claim self defense as well as anyone else. By threatening your life, you *do* mean actually assaulting you or attempting to do so, not publicly assembling and speaking, right?
Even in a sarcastic joke you have to defend the Nazis, don't you?
I'm not defending Nazis, I'm doubting that they "threaten her life" in an immediate sense, and not, you know, by assembling and speaking in public. Because they have a constitutionally protected right to do that, but in the case of the former I and most courts would accept that she's "allowed to retaliate."
How would you feel if large groups of people gathered to yell about how much they wish you were dead? Cause that's what Nazis are for people like me. Every gathering of Nazis is a death threat. Do you think death threats should be protected speech?