Poll: $110 Dollars for 1 Video Game FUCK THAT

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
You must have a government full of fucking greedy assholes. Sounds about like my government actually...

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
It sucks, but I've been there. Back in the SNES days here in Canada we had to pay upwards of $100 for for some titles too (I remember paying that much for Chrono Trigger and one of the SF2 iterations to name a couple). It just means you have to be smarter about your game purchases and take advantage of deals when you can get them.

MuppeTeN

Feb 20, 2011
RowdyRodimus said:
Australian wages are on average (and in US dollars) DOUBLE what the average US wage is. While the conversion rate of the currencies are about the same, the sheer amount of money each person earns is vastly different. Basically your $110 games is the same as an American getting the same game for $55 when you figure in the differing monetary grosses of each person.

Quickly, US gamer earns $1 for something while the Aussie earns $2 for the same thing. The differing prices are set to make them equal to each countries SOL (Standard of Living) so that a person doesn't import all of their goods, which would cripple a country in the long run if enough people did it. It's the new Mutually Assured Destruction that is based around economics instead of Nukes.
Best answer, people who have basic-middle knowledge about economics understand this. Still where i Live each game cost roughly 65-72$ new, but wages here are really low on average(Chile).