Poll: 360 or PC for Mass Effect 3?

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
READ THE POST BEFORE VOTING! This is not simply a "Which is better?" post.

So I've got the first 2 Mass Effect games on 360, since I prefer controller and my PC wasn't quite as awesome as it is now. This year I built a brand new rig, and I feel I could probably run ME3 on full settings. SO the question is, do the added benefits of the PC version (mouse and keyboard, better menu and hotkey systems) outweigh the imported saves from the first 2 games?

Importing my L60 from Mass Effect 1 netted me a lot of bonuses, including starting at L5, tons of credits and minerals, and bonuses to Paragon/Renegade scores. I'm just torn, because I'd love to get the full experience from the PC version, but I know I'd be losing a lot of cool stuff by not importing a save.

No, I don't want to buy ME1 + 2 for PC as well.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
I'm sure there will be an online database of save files from ME2 for you to pick from when ME3 comes out.
Just like there was for ME2 from ME1.
So I'd say go with the PC version if you can run it well.

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
You can download save files from that masseffectsaves.com and pick one that's close to your choices.
Or try someone else's L60 (with different choices) without going to the trouble of playing the character 4 times in ME1 yourself.

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
I certainly wouldn't do it to start from level 5, or any of that nonsense, but I'd keep it on the 360 to keep my story thus far intact. I want to be the shepherd that killed the rachni and let the factory fall, that stuck a gun in Conrad's face, but sent him home to his wife eventually. I want to have done Lair of the Shadow Broker. I want to have chosen Ash over Liara, and stayed true to her in the second game.

So while I'm sure the PC version is better, it wouldn't be my Shepherd anymore. No thanks.

- J

theComposer

Mar 29, 2009
Go with the imported save. If you played the first 2 on Xbox360, I don't think you'll mind any small inferiorities to the PC version, but if you play ME3 without your save files from 1 and 2, you'll miss the character you've built and the decisions you've made. Definitely get it for 360.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
What if I find the controls and experience on 360 better than the PC's? That's not an option in the poll...

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I had no idea there was a database of saves to import for the PC version. That makes the decision a little easier... I'm not really all that attached to my Shepherd. I like the way he looks, but I don't really care about "continuing my story", as someone else put it.

Chibz said:
What if I find the controls and experience on 360 better than the PC's? That's not an option in the poll...
Well, the PC version is exactly the same except you can turn up the visuals and benefit from M+K controls if you want. You can still use a 360 controller to play the PC version as far as I know. The PC version is pretty obviously superior if you can run it well.

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
BehattedWanderer said:
I do believe I'll say PS3. I do recall them saying it would come out for it as well.
You do realize those are fighting words for a lot of people here, right?

Well at least for 360 owners, PC owners couldn't care less...lol

Jun 11, 2008
If there is no way you could transfer over your save on PC go play the next one on 360 as then you won't have to deal with shitty choices you didn't want to make unless of course you would of made preset choices anyway.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Nomanslander said:
BehattedWanderer said:
I do believe I'll say PS3. I do recall them saying it would come out for it as well.
You do realize those are fighting words for a lot of people here, right?

Well at least for 360 owners, PC owners couldn't care less...lol
They still have the first one. Let them bemoan the transgression while we find a secondhand version of the first, and play the second without carry over benefits.

shado_temple

Oct 20, 2010
While I normally champion PC, I think you lose that personal connection you make with the game by ditching your old character(s). Get the Trilogy for PC, or get ME 3 for 360.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Well the advantage is that there are some websites where people have been uploading their saves since before ME2 was released so others (xbox players, people who'd lost saves on PC etc.) could play ME2 on PC with their own character. They have set rules and you can just look for the one that is like your play through. Pretty much every decision and choice is listed so you can basically find your playthrough (you'll probably still have the option to remake your shepard at the start of ME3.

Spectre4802

Oct 23, 2009
Hmm.

As mush as I like imported saves, I think the PC will just handle better. So I'd go for the PC.

shado_temple

Oct 20, 2010
MetallicaRulez0 said:
No, I don't want to buy ME1 + 2 for PC as well.
It's a shame you didn't mention your predicament sooner; Steam was selling the set for $20 a few days ago.

Jun 26, 2009
Niether, I will be going down the PS3 road. My PC is crap, if I had a decent one I'd use it, and my Xbox 360 never works for DLC, ME:3 will have DLC probably. I want DLC. I also like the PS3 controls over the 360 ones.