Poll: 360 vs PS3 genuine advice wanted (EU PAL)

Orcboyphil

Dec 25, 2008
I'm looking for advice on which one of these to pick up. I am a PC Gamer however I'm moving to a place without interent acsess and since most modern games require you to have internet acsess constantly even for single player games I'm wondering which one of these systems to pick up for gaming. I did own a 360 for a while but sold it after I found I never actually used it. As for the PS3 I would like to play some of the older PS2 games (notable the .Hack games) however as far as I'm aware the EU systems arn't backwards compatible. So Escapists which system do you think I should pick it

Batfred

Nov 11, 2009
You tempt me good sir with your promise of Amiga. Those were the days of simple gaming.

Newer PS3s or the very first ones if you can find one are backwards compatible. Most aren't though. I would still go PS3 personally as it doubles as a decent quality Blu-Ray player. I also am a sucker for God of War and FF games (not on however many disks before the comments come in). The only grab that XBox has for me (IMO!!!) is Gears of War and early access to some stuff where Microsoft have garnered a deal.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
I not so long ago bought a PS3 and didn't regret it really. I'm mainly a PC gamer and the problem with buying a 360 is that there's no real point... Most of the games that are released on the 360 share their release with either the ps3 or the pc. The only thing 360 is currently luring people HARD with is Halo >2 and gears of war >1. The ps3 on the other hand is full of great exclusives to the point where I have no time to actually play all of them at the moment (mainly because demon's souls alone takes up 90% of my frustrations on that console). I'm by no means saying the 360 is inferior, if you weren't a PC gamer I'd say it's an even pick, however the 360 really just doesn't bring that much to the table other than a monthly fee...

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
Really go for which you think is best. PS3 can have Linux installed on it and the online is free, its a fairly powerful system and has some games that are only for that system, example God of War.

Where as the 360 has a different game line like Halo, if your a pc gamer you will probably be more familiar with the Xbox games and you need to pay for online content but the online content is very detailed and gives you a lot more for what you payed for. I got the Xbox 360, at the time it seemed like the better system.

Over all your choice, I lean for the PS3 though, the blue ray player is a big bonus.

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Honestly, it comes down to what kind of games you like. Make a list of everything that takes your fancy, high light the exclusives and tally up. Which ever system scores more will be the one for you.

That's how I chose, and I chose Xbox.

So what games do you like?

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Amiga for the win!

I'm a PC gamer with a kind heart. I'd get a PS3 certainly, if I was going to get a (my first) console. But Amiga PC beats those puny devices.

http://www.toptenz.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/giana-sisters-video-game.jpg

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
archwiccan said:
Really go for which you think is best. PS3 can have Linux installed on it and the online is free, its a fairly powerful system and has some games that are only for that system, example God of War.

Where as the 360 has a different game line like Halo, if your a pc gamer you will probably be more familiar with the Xbox games and you need to pay for online content but the online content is very detailed and gives you a lot more for what you payed for. I got the Xbox 360, at the time it seemed like the better system.

Over all your choice, I lean for the PS3 though, the blue ray player is a big bonus.
No they took out the other OS feature and backwards compatibility on the newer PS3 models. As for X-Box live you don't need to pay for an X-Box live gold account to play demos or watch the videos. Granted if you have a gold account you can get earlier access to them. You only need it too play online multiplayer. Besides I'd been hearing rumors that Sony was going to be charging for online access too.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Hmmm... I think the PS3 has a lot more titles (I'm thinking mainly of JRPGs) that focus on SP, so I think that might suit you better. Besides, I find the PS3 exclusives more attractive...

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Honestly it really depends on what kind of games you want to get. The way I buy my games is if the game is multiplatform, I'll buy the 360 version because the PS3 normally gets ports of those games and tend to be glitchier because the PS3 is apparently harder to code for. The only PS3 games I buy are exclusives, and those tend to be better than the multiplatform games anyway. So if you want the PS3 exclusives, and I mean really want them, get the PS3. Otherwise get a 360, especially if you want games like Red Dead Redemption.

Aphex Demon

Aug 23, 2010
I had a PS3, I sold it, bought an Xbox, bought another PS3 for GT5 then got bored and sold that, still resorting back to my Xbox.

Xbox's are just so much more fun IMO, especially with all the awesome exclusives.

Sronpop

Mar 26, 2009
I have both and I use my Xbox a hell of a lot more than my ps3, simple as that.

Dasrufken

Dec 1, 2010
Both the 360 and PS3 have a good selection of games, a sufficient amount of people playing said games and are great gaming consoles.

So my advice is buy an amiga!

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
Honestly it really depends on what kind of games you want to get. The way I buy my games is if the game is multiplatform, I'll buy the 360 version because the PS3 normally gets ports of those games and tend to be glitchier because the PS3 is apparently harder to code for. The only PS3 games I buy are exclusives, and those tend to be better than the multiplatform games anyway. So if you want the PS3 exclusives, and I mean really want them, get the PS3. Otherwise get a 360, especially if you want games like Red Dead Redemption.
RDR wasn't bad on ps3, just sub-par HD, kind of.

DAPLR

Nov 11, 2010
It all about personal taste. I have a PS3 and love it because it has the internet. While the Xbox definetly has a better social sense. So...take your pick :)

CaptQuakers

Feb 14, 2011
If you want a gaming console buy a 360 If you want an over priced DVD player with no good games buy a playstation

:D

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I would actually go with a ps2 if I were you.

Orcboyphil said:
I'm moving to a place without interent acsess and since most modern games require you to have internet acsess constantly even for single player games
You have the same problems with consoles. Most games released now-a-days are unfinished in one way or another and require a patch or two to work properly. Hell, some games still don't work after a few patches Fallout New Vegas (ps3 version).
It's the downside of having all these consoles connected to the net.

Besides, the best games on the ps2 are still a hell of a lot better than the best games on the ps3/360.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Korten12 said:
RDR wasn't bad on ps3, just sub-par HD, kind of.
I say this because a lot of the glitches I saw online were on the PS3 version while I haven't had any really on my 360 version.