Poll: 40mm: N00B T00B or Pro Pipe?

Madshaw

Jun 18, 2008
I think that in a game where a single headshot from a SCAR or any of the can't kill in one then neither should a grenade launcher.

The damage taken from a bullet is masively reduced so I think the damage from explosives should also be reduced. If it wern't for the fact that the thing can kill you even when the other player has missed by a meter or two is out of order.

Its the same story with the mobility of sniper's rifles, particularly when compared to Light machine guns.

Obviously a Light machine gun is big and heavy and slows you down, but then a barret 50 calibre rifle weighing in at roughly 10 kilos depending on amunition and scope doesn't slow you down in the slightest, but an RPD light machine gun which weighs roughly the same amount or less (dependant on add ons etc.) will slow you down to an absolute crawl.

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
Speaking from experience, the only overpowered weapon in MW2 (which is the only game I have way too much experience in & that has a grenade launcher) is the UMP45.

So no. It's a grenade launcher. It doesn't take skill, and it isn't "nooby". Like ANY other weapon, if you use it for long enough, you will get good with it.

Rewdalf

Usually Sacrastic
Jan 6, 2010
p3t3r said:
noob tube in mw2 is noob. in battlefield it is awesome. fuck you wall now your a door.
Hah, I must quote this so others will see it.
Way to make me honestly laugh...

OT: If you spend the next six months honing your skills, training each day, trying and failing until you finally sharpen your skills with the throwing knife so that you can rack up good amounts of kills using it and only it, someone will still call you a noob... No matter how pro you can get, you're a noob and always will be. That is how MW2 works.
Anyway, "noob tuber" to me is someone who can't use their grenade launcher for shit, and I've seen people like that...
It's funny.

HappyPillz

Apr 15, 2009
heavy-metal-ink said:
Depends, if someone is running around all game screaming into their mic and only using the grenade launcher theyre obviously a noob.
Whereas if someone is running around with a 5-1 K/d ratio, occasionally switching to their grenade launcher to get those hard to reach kills, they aren't.
Personally, i dont use them much, 2 shots isn't worth the trade-off for something like a silencer in games like COD.
Agreed. Grenade launchers only realy piss me off when people use them as their primary weapons. I hate playing COD against someone using Danger Close, and Scavanger.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Pyre00 said:
Tdc2182 said:
And I have honestly never had a problem with the grenade launcher in BC2. It is 2 almost direct hits to kill someone, if that.
Tdc2182 said:
It is 2 almost direct hits to kill someone, if that.
Tdc2182 said:
2 almost direct hits to kill someone
wat
Ummm, you have to shoot someone twice with it to kill them?

I have rarely ever killed a guy with the noob tube without hitting them twice, unless they were almost dead.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
I don't like the grenade launcher cause it's always so damn unrealistic. A real one has a safety range of something like 20-40 meters, not 2! And should be used for medium-range bombardment and taking out lightly fortified positions, not as a shotgun with explosive rounds!

I don't like the GL in any game but Project Reality, cause thats the only place where I feel it is like it should be... And NO, I have never fired a real Grenade Launcher myself. My cousin is in the Royal Guard, he has trained with them, that is where I get my information from >>

But then again, cause all FPSs now adays (and before I guess) have such small arena-maps I guess thats how it needs to be. Still don't like it...

theComposer

Mar 29, 2009
To me, it depends on the game. For example...
Modern Warfare 2: Definitely n00b t00b. That thing is ridiculously overpowered and easy to use.
Bad Company 2: Pro Pipe. It's almost too underpowered, and takes really good aim and timing to actually kill with it.

Karathos

May 10, 2009
Tdc2182 said:
In Modern Warfare. Seeing how that is where the term originally came from.

I want to get all the people who think weapons are cheap and get them to fight a real war.

"Aww you douche, we said no nuclear warfare."

"No M16 you fag!"
Pretty much this. I want to see a couple of MW2-players dropped into Afghanistan or something. Would be quite a sight when they stood up in their transport going "YE BLOODY RPG NOOB!"

If a weapon is available for everyone, there's nothing "noob" about using it. People online just create these personal rules for themselves, like some strange code of honor. Hell, sometimes it feels like people do it just so they can feel like they've the moral high ground in a discussion.

"At least I'm not using a grenade launcher/rocket launcher/sniper/C4/teddybear/pillow"

<.<

carter91

Oct 25, 2008
Nooob Toob

Dioxide20 said:
Noob tube.

Can't stand being blown up by so jerk who can't aim well enough to use an assault/sniper rifle, so they instead use the weapon with the biggest splash damage and aim it at the ground near your feet.
So freaking true

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
Any weapon that kills in one shot that isn't a Sniper Rifle or Spartan Laser is a noob weapon. This includes all rocket launchers, all grenade launchers, all tank cannons, Shotguns, Plasma Swords, and anything else related to them.

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
Noob tube sounds way way better than Pro Pipe, but I don't think it's nooby at all. Unless you're just shooting into the air hoping for random kills, its fair.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
I say call it the 40mm. And jsut play the game and stop labeling ppl, or coming up with stupid nicknames fro shit becaues x amount of ppl complain about it to their webcam on youtube. Whatever its a game. Play it or don't.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
I play Bad Company 2 mostly. It's ok in that game as long as you're not relying on it. But if you're standing in a corner shooting off 40mm grenades in rapid succession beside an ammo crate, you're not only a noob, you're an idiot.

I personally use the 40mm shotgun. It's so much more satisfying.