Poll: A question for the Escapists from the U.K.

Ursus Buckler

Apr 15, 2011
Neither. I don't give two whits about football, and I also don't give two whits about the Queen or the royal family. I don't really care what they do for the econmy either, I think it's disgusting that they're both supplied with stupid amounts of money for doing nothing of consequence, really.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Matt-the-twat said:
You've come to the Escapist to ask this? Apart from anything I can't imagine many sports fanatics here.
Good point. Geeks and sports don't tend to go together well. I know its a big silly stereotype but its mostly true. They are some exceptions to the rule (I'm one of them) but general us Geeks aren't the sporty types and thus aren't going to have any love for sports.

That and we can be a pretentious lot.

As for the question. Probably both about the same. Given that my local club is Barnsley F.C I think one of the biggest laughing stocks in football history... There's not much to care for however I do still have that glint of hope for it and it still gets me going when I see us actually doing well.

The queen (along with the rest of the royal family) are essentially powerless relics however they're also a tourist attraction and bring in a good amount of money...

So I find them both semi-important in there own ways.

Puzzlenaut said:
The people who care about football the most are working class males with little education.
As an working class fellow who lives on a council estate and likes football...Erm... thanks?...

Snork Maiden said:
I just find it odd that (on the whole) on gaming forums people go out of their way to express hate of football (and other sports).
Yep, tends to annoy me too. Not just football though, just about any sport. If I made a thread about boxing or MMA I imagine it would get flooded with hate for it. In fact I did, either most just ignored it and the few that didn't were either fans or just people there to express hate.
Often bewilders me that after all these years after all our attempts us geeks make to separate our selves from some of our unfair stereotypes, we still actively fall into this one.

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
I'm a Grimsby Town fan
and i would like to say i love them but i'm not fanatical about them
nevertheless they shit on the non-elected, miserable unentitled, expensive fuckwits that live in the massive fucking castles that the rest of us pay for
... or something like that

yeah, football club wins it for me

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Grouchy Imp said:
LarenzoAOG said:
Grouchy Imp said:
LarenzoAOG said:
Grouchy Imp said:
Neither. Couldn't care less about one or the other to be fair. The Royals are just a bunch of toffs and football is for people not man enough to play rugby.
That sounds like a quote from my great granddad.
Who was clearly a man of both taste and distinction. :)
This is true, he was also incredibly Scottish.
As an Englishman, I'll pretend I didn't hear that...
ScottishScottishScottishScottishScottish.