Poll: A question for the guys . Urinating , toilet seat up or down ?

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
I'm bored . And at work . And i just noticed somethif about myself . When you go to pee ( only pee) do you put up the toilet seat or do you leave it down ?

I noticed that at work ( we don't have urinals and the bathrooms are unisex ) i'll take a peice of toilet paper and lift up the seat . I'll also leave it up, for no apparent reason. At home however , i will leave it down , unless drunk because i don't trust myself drunk .

Your turn.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Wherever it is when I go in, usually. I'm quite lazy. But I will clean up after myself.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
I sit down so I leave it down, I'm too lazy to stand up for any amount of time.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Real men piss in a mug and drink up. Like that meme guy.

EDIT:

Odgical said:
...I hate instances where my stream fires off in different directions. Why? How does it even do that? Someone told me it's to do with not pissing soon after having a wank. Bollocks. I don't choke the bishop every day, sometimes I go weeks without milking the one eyed snake, and it still can veer off in awkward directions..
I'm pretty sure after wanking/having sex this is the case with peeing.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I pee sitting down.

It frankly seems illogical to me to stand infront of something that's obviously designed for you to sit on. Like standing infront of a chair.

Mr Fixit

Oct 22, 2008
I always lift it up, I know my aim isn't that good & I've always lived in a house with women so I'm kinda trained.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
I leave it down because you know I don't piss on the seat and haven't since I was a very small child, really I don't get it, I mean is it that hard to avoid pissing on the seat???

Total LOLige

Jul 17, 2009
Dalek Caan said:
I sit down so I leave it down, I'm too lazy to stand up for any amount of time.
Loud and proud man, loud and proud. Sometimes I treat myself to a sit down wee.

Always go for a slash with the seat up, when I was a kid I used to go with the seat down though. I haven't got the aim to pee with the seat down either.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
I put it up before and then put it back down when I'm done. Every time. You guys are gross, haha.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I pee standing up with the seat down. Because I live life on the edge.

I also pee on the edge accidentally quite a bit.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I pee standing up therefore I lift the seat up. Only a complete jerk pee standing up while the seat is down (unless that guy got good aiming)!
Before you asked, I'm too lazy to undo my belt and pant to sit down to pee and don't see the point in doing so unless I need to poo!

Mersadeon

Jun 8, 2010
I sit down. Much more comfortable, and if I suddenly think "well, you're already here..." I can do the other business, too. Also, I do NOT want it to sprinkle anywhere. I've been raised that way and was -astonished- that other people stand upright at home - I mean, public toilet, sure I don't wanna sit on that either, but at home? Where only a very limited number of verifiably clean butts touch the seat? How... illogical.

Edit:
Fun Fact: I heard in a documentary that there is a vicious cycle going on on public women's rooms - they don't want to sit down on the filthy seat, so they kinda hover over it so they don't touch it. But that let's more urine splash onto the seat, making it dirtier.

Another Fun Fact: Apparently, toilet paper behaviour is significantly different in parts of the world - even between western cultures. 90% of Germans, for example, fold their paper before using it, while in America a lot more crumble it up before wiping.

Why am I so fascinated with EVERYTHING

Jannes Ehmke

Jun 24, 2012
Always pick it up, and then put both the seat and the lid down before I flush.

Cleanliness chaps, when you flush some of those particles become airborne and end up all over your bathroom and that includes on your toothbrush, towels, soap and loofa or washcloth, and I've yet to hear a woman complain about having to pick the lid up.

And for the chaps peeing in all different directions, if you have a foreskin, pull it back, if you don't just pull backwards on the head, you pee sideways because the skin moves around and then gets it aiming funny, do this and you open up the tube a bit, and thus pee accurately.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
Jamieson 90 said:
I leave it down because you know I don't piss on the seat and haven't since I was a very small child, really I don't get it, I mean is it that hard to avoid pissing on the seat???
Yes, surprisingly. You have never had a stream suddenly shoot sideways, or spurt like a cone faucet? I envy you.

That said, seat up for piss, then seat down for the ladies.

War Penguin said:
I pee standing up with the seat down. Because I live life on the edge.

I also pee on the edge accidentally quite a bit.
This is what happens when you leave the seat down guys. At least you are honest.

PhoenixUp

Mar 9, 2010
I sit. It's comfortable and I can use my phone to check an email or return a text.
Related: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/peeing_sitting_down

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Seat down... from 5 feet away, without spilling a drop. I try to challenge myself.

randomrob1968

Sep 26, 2011
sometimes I stand and pee with the seat up, sometimes I sit and pee with the seat down, sometimes I go outside and pee off the side of the porch... it depends!