Poll: According to my peers, PC gaming is inferior to consoles.

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
Why? Why feel the need to post this? There are enough arguments about this on the internet what is the point in discussing it just to inflate your e-peen? You already believe your answer is right why do you need reassurance?

On topic I dont give a fuck. Seriously if it works for you go for it and play it, I dont want to hear a damn thing about it only the games your playing :D

Jun 11, 2008
JokerboyJordan said:
And verily, the poll doth show the superiority complex of PC elitists.
Of course PC elitists will be elitist that is why they are called PC elitists. Do you really have to point out the obvious?

I wonder if you would even bother pointing out the equally big persecution/elitism in console gamers if this thread were reversed because console gamer supremacists are just as bad in this regard.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Glademaster said:
JokerboyJordan said:
And verily, the poll doth show the superiority complex of PC elitists.
Of course PC elitists will be elitist that is why they are called PC elitists. Do you really have to point out the obvious?

I wonder if you would even bother pointing out the equally big persecution/elitism in console gamers if this thread were reversed because console gamer supremacists are just as bad in this regard.
I have never, in my life, came across someone of intelligence, proclaim with sincerity, that consoles are superior.
Never on this site for damn sure.

sinterklaas

Dec 6, 2010
If you want inferior graphics, physics and controls you play a console. If you want everything as best as it can you play on the PC. With a console you get the 'couch' experience with friends, can't get that with a PC and of course installation of games is way easier.

It comes down to money of course, a PC is more expensive than a console. On a PC you aren't limited to playing games though and it's many times more powerful than a console.

Personally I don't like consoles because they hold back the development of graphics technology.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Modern Warfare has a Story? Ha! Play a true story driven game then tell me that. It may have a good story for a Modern Shooter, but Battlefield's wasn't bad, despite what many say, and did some things better than Modern Warfare's (With the exception of QTEs and that Jet Mission that had no relevance at all to anything)

What he meant? Well I'm HOPING he meant that it looks like a PC game, thus his console won't do so well with it.

Of he did mean PC gaming is inferior to console gaming, I thank him for the second opportunity in two days to use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

I would link to a post I made in my blog about this, but I don't want to post anything that might even possibly be considered advertising, plus the majority of it can probably be found in the numerous PC v Console threads around the escapist anyway.

sinterklaas said:
If you want inferior graphics, physics and controls you play a console. If you want everything as best as it can you play on the PC. With a console you get the 'couch' experience with friends, can't get that with a PC.

It comes down to money of course, a PC is more expensive than a console. On a PC you aren't limited to playing games though and it's many times more powerful than a console.
You can get the couch experience with friends on a PC, it is somewhat more expensive to do so though as you each need your own monitor/tv (Dependant on which one you want to use), and your own PC at the location. It is usually referred to as a LAN party, but they can take on many forms, including not having everyone even in the house, but it is perfectly possible to hook a PC up to a TV and play with friends on a couch.

PC is more expensive than a console? That really depends. I upgraded my PC this year for $300 with reasonably new parts that perform well and let me run everything pretty much maxed out, just waiting on my new graphics card that costs $250 more for full max settings. However, I did not need to buy parts of the quality I did buy, and could easily have gotten away with a $100 upgrade, or no upgrade at all, and still outperform a console that would cost me $300 here. You just need to know what you are doing, and PC gaming is cheaper than console gaming. Especially when taking into account game prices. Over here, console games are $10 more expensive than PC games. That is negligible if you buy <10 games, but you hit that 10 games and you have spent an extra $100, and if you get 50 games, not even half of my PC collection, it will cost you an extra $500 on top of what PC gaming would cost you.

For your average person, Consoles are the cheaper and easier alternative. For someone who knows what they're doing with PCs, something that isn't too hard to do, I learned how to build a PC from its base parts at the age of 5, then PC gaming can be cheaper and easier.

Eventidal

Nov 11, 2009
franconbean said:
I lolled when "story line" was used to compare the games.
But argh this argument >.< I'm in a similar situation at school.
I will vote "apples and oranges" on this one though.
I am a PC gamer, but it was hard to hear that "PC gaming is dead, get a console, get with the times" from a guy from Bethseda when I when to Eurogamer to try out skyrim.
Wow, and this coming out of Bethesda? I'd really expect better.

Me in that situation: "Excuse me, but which version offers access to the console as well as a full suite of modding tools? Not to mention better graphics capability and support for a better online community, AKA Steam? Yeah, I'll take that one, please."

WalkableBuffalo

Jun 15, 2010
I believe with many other people in that each has it's flaws and strengths and despite majorly being a PC player I like to take a break on my 360. But of course PCs are far superior in their hardware and capabilities but of course that comes with its own struggles and problems, and then console gaming is simpler and cheaper. PC gaming is being brought down by console gaming nowadays though resulting in lesser quality games for PC, which I find dreadfully appalling, I don't know how many people play consoles compared to PC but I figure developers nowadays are taking an easy way out and abandoning or pushing away much of their fanbase.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
franconbean said:
I lolled when "story line" was used to compare the games.
But argh this argument >.< I'm in a similar situation at school.
I will vote "apples and oranges" on this one though.
I am a PC gamer, but it was hard to hear that "PC gaming is dead, get a console, get with the times" from a guy from Bethseda when I when to Eurogamer to try out skyrim.
"Get with the times..." And still Skyrim looks worse than PC-games that are 4-5 years old.

Ah, how it is good to live in one of the last bastions where PC-gaming is still strong and where console-players don't care who plays on what. It's only me that tries to keep the ol' superior complex flag flying high to any that is willing to listen, which is aprox 3, maybe 4, persons of interest.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Some_weirdGuy said:
OhJohnNo said:
The answer is clearly potatoes, as they are so disgusting, they loop back round into the answer to everything in life.

Also, ignore comments like that. Arguments like that please only the trolls.
WTF are you talking about, you penis-dick-cock-malegenital!? Potatoes are clearly the superior food platform. Everyone keeps saying that potatoes are dead, but potatoes have been around long before fucking carrots and will continue to be around long after.

I mean, potatoes are far more flexible, you can have them cut into pieces, mashed, as fries, as hash browns, in potato salad, and heaps more(and despite what all the idiots say it doesn't cost much to get a decent potato rig. I hear you can get them $2 for a 10pound bag.)
Carrots on the other hand are a closed food platform, which is stupid cause it means you can only really have carrots whole or cut up, and nothing else (unless you're into hacking your carrot into stuff like carrot cake or any of that other home brew type recipes).

Its because of you fag-rabbits and your stupid carrots that potatoes have been suffering lately! They're dumbing down the meals because carrots don't have the vitamin-content needed to handle higher end carbohydrates like potatoes can, but instead of developing new meals based on the superior potato platform, they keep giving us potatoe eaters crappy ports of carrot-based meals.

Not only that, but there are a ton of community-based potatoe recipes which give new flavour to old meals, none of which is available for stupid carrots. Potatoe farmers keep saying that they're growing carrots and developing new meals for carrots cause of the rampant issue of piracy among potatoe crops, but its clearly a load of bull, and most of the time the only reason people steal the meals is because of all the damn wrapping and plastic stuff they put around them to 'seal in the freshness'(freshness my ass), which ends up only getting in the way of those who bought the potatoes legitimately anyway. And you know, cause carrot piracy totally doesn't happen (hint: look up the records, the two most pirated meals both used carrots in their recipe)

Go back to your carrot farm you stupid rabbit and leave our potatoes alone!
Alright, alright. How many internets do you want? I have a few hundred available here.

DeleteThisAcc

Nov 19, 2009
PC platform - superior to console platform
PC gamers about equally retarded as console gamers (Speaking about console gamers that doesn't go "but game pad is superior to mouse and keyboard herp derp and consoles are cheaper herp and pc gamers are idiots derp ..." and PC gamers that doesn't go "consoles are not good for anything deeeerp ...")

PC gaming WOULD BE superior if developers stopped making games to consoles and only porting them to PC. Game consolification ruins PC gaming. But due to simplification of games and "it just works on console and your PC port is bugged because developers don't care about PC" console gaming experience becoming superior. Sad.

By the way I am of Glorious DIAMOND Race - I play on Linux. I am superior to all.

Continuity

May 20, 2010
franconbean said:
:-/ well "dead" is a bit strong I hope, certainly the PC is no longer at the cutting egde of certain genre and of graphics in general like it used to be but at most its side-lined rather than dead.

Anyway, for me it will always be PC first as I love the controls (mouse and keyboard) and I love having control over my hardware and software. I have 600gb of steam games installed to a 2tb RAID 1 array... is that something I can do on on an xbox? And my favourite genre, strategy, RPG, and FPS are all best with mouse and keyboard (except where the interface has been deliberately compromised to make it work better on consoles, but even then the mouse wins, even with the stupid ini hacks you need to set it up right half the time).

njrk97

May 30, 2011
well both have advanteges and disadvanteges but no pc is not inferor in fact im pretty sure you can play a fps better on a pc then on a consol but it really what you preffer

mrhappy1489

May 12, 2011
Neither one is superior over the other. Both platforms have their strengths and both their weaknesses. There is no point in arguing, as it will always end in some stupid stalemate. Embrace one another fellow gamers and join together. Forming a strong cohesive unit should be the goal, not this constant bickering about every little thing and which is better. Innovation on any of the platforms should be shared amongst the others and the aspiration of the gaming community as a whole should be for us to be recognized as a legitimate form of artistic direction and leisure time.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Private Custard said:
PC games look better, and if you want to use a controller, you can.
Tell that to Mass Effect 2. I saw no friggin' way to use my gamepad for that game, which made me give up on it not even halfway in. Of course, the slow pacing didn't help either.

For the record, I have both consoles and a PC, two laptops and a netbook. I use both, but the consoles definitely get more use, as I'm usually using my computers to play tv or movies or music or what have you while I play. And even with a stupidly powerful graphics card, the difference in graphics is negligible, noticed only by the truest of graphics whores.

Zanaxal

Nov 14, 2007
Console games are made for pcs, and game get simplified to be played on a console. You will never see games like Hearts of iron, europa universalis, Anno on a console. They try to put stuff like sc1 on console but end up having to cut out major parts of the game. There may be newer consoles released with better hardware but they will always be limited and best used as simplistic point and shoot/swing weapon games.

But ppl will just keep fooling themselves that a gameboy is the greatest thing evah for gaming, Heck they even voted apple as the leader in gamedevelopment (srsly most silly thing ever).

Liandar

Nov 18, 2009
PC gaming is not inferior to consoles. Consoles offer a simple, plug-in-and-play (if we ignore the install time) gaming. PC gaming is more hands-on, it involves a lot of customization and it offers better online gaming communities - you can still play battlefield 1942 on PC but you can't play old console games online (there are no dedicated servers).

Private Custard

Dec 30, 2007
King of the Sandbox said:
Private Custard said:
PC games look better, and if you want to use a controller, you can.
Tell that to Mass Effect 2. I saw no friggin' way to use my gamepad for that game, which made me give up on it not even halfway in. Of course, the slow pacing didn't help either.

For the record, I have both consoles and a PC, two laptops and a netbook. I use both, but the consoles definitely get more use, as I'm usually using my computers to play tv or movies or music or what have you while I play. And even with a stupidly powerful graphics card, the difference in graphics is negligible, noticed only by the truest of graphics whores.
Mass effect 2.....I'll give you that one!!

When it comes to graphics though, it's impossible to deny that PC versions often look not only better, but light years ahead. The downside is that it costs big money. But the same can be said for any hobby, it's easy to get started and get acceptable results. It always costs more to get to the next level.

The other day, I was comparing Crysis 2 on the PC to the 360 version. I couldn't believe the difference. The 360 version looked like Minecraft in comparison!