Poll: According to my peers, PC gaming is inferior to consoles.

Rodrigo Girao

May 13, 2011
RhombusHatesYou said:
Well, unless you count 'motion control' as superior, the PC can use pretty much any input device there is.
Not really. This generation of consoles has adopted USB, but for anything older, you'll need an adapter.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Apples/Oranges. Both different, both possessing strengths and flaws. Speaking from a purely technical standpoint PCs are better, but there are multiple factors involved beyond technical specs. For my money, the machine with the best selection of exclusive titles usually wins out.

alimarin

Jun 4, 2009
RatRace123 said:
Apples/Oranges. Both different, both possessing strengths and flaws. Speaking from a purely technical standpoint PCs are better, but there are multiple factors involved beyond technical specs. For my money, the machine with the best selection of exclusive titles usually wins out.
I've always thought the same way about things, but PC games are starting to lose their exclusiveness, and that troubles me, because that means PC's are just gonna get console ports, leaving either modders, or hackers to fix it up to make it a PC worthy game, dev's / publishers think they can throw an orange-apple at a PC, but it only runs well with apples. (I'm looking at YOU, Skyrim, thinking you can have screwed up keyboard / mouse controls and CPU based instead of GPU based shadows that make my computer lag.)

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Danny 6Speed said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
Danny 6Speed said:
PC gamers expecting everybody to pay $2000 for things to look shiny.
Yeah except that most PC gamers will call you an idiot if you pay that much for a PC, but hey, don't let reality get in your way.
Hey, whatever my knowledge is in Automobiles not Computers.
Ennnhhh... just gets a bit irritating to hear the same misinformation over and over again.

Still, if we go with a car analogy for the minute... on the tech side, consoles are like a daily driver... nothing flash but they do what they were built to do. Meanwhile PCs are a range of cars going from suped up ratrods to multimillion dollar high performance race machines.

However, gaming as it stands today is more or less a suburban road network meaning in most cases regardless of what the respective machines can do, the Neon and the Zonda are both going at the speed limit... and there's very few 'no limit' roads or convenient race tracks to take your supercar screeching balls out at it's maximum performance.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Rodrigo Girao said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
Well, unless you count 'motion control' as superior, the PC can use pretty much any input device there is.
Not really. This generation of consoles has adopted USB, but for anything older, you'll need an adapter.
They've been making gamepads for PCs for a looooong time now, even before consoles went USB.

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
I have a moderate gaming pc I bought a over a year ago for something around 1300$. Runs everything currently out on at least medium graphics. I also have an xbox and there are some games I prefer on the console and some I prefer on the PC. Sometimes it's based on what my friends have their game on, sometimes its the type of game (ever tried playing Prince of Persia on a PC...yugh) and I see the upsides and downsides to both platforms. I voted potatoes because they are yummy.

alimarin

Jun 4, 2009
RhombusHatesYou said:
Danny 6Speed said:
RhombusHatesYou said:
Danny 6Speed said:
PC gamers expecting everybody to pay $2000 for things to look shiny.
Yeah except that most PC gamers will call you an idiot if you pay that much for a PC, but hey, don't let reality get in your way.
Hey, whatever my knowledge is in Automobiles not Computers.
Ennnhhh... just gets a bit irritating to hear the same misinformation over and over again.

Still, if we go with a car analogy for the minute... on the tech side, consoles are like a daily driver... nothing flash but they do what they were built to do. Meanwhile PCs are a range of cars going from suped up ratrods to multimillion dollar high performance race machines.

However, gaming as it stands today is more or less a suburban road network meaning in most cases regardless of what the respective machines can do, the Neon and the Zonda are both going at the speed limit... and there's very few 'no limit' roads or convenient race tracks to take your supercar screeching balls out at it's maximum performance.
Crysis was pretty much one of the only roads for a while that could drive PC's to chug at their max. For those of you who didn't get the analogy. :p

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
alimarin said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Say "to each their own" and proceed to not give a fuck about it.
Unfortunately, my peers aren't exactly keen to that type of thinking.
Show them this thread and say "a bunch of the guys on the Internet agree with me, so I must be right".

alimarin

Jun 4, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
alimarin said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Say "to each their own" and proceed to not give a fuck about it.
Unfortunately, my peers aren't exactly keen to that type of thinking.
Show them this thread and say "a bunch of the guys on the Internet agree with me, so I must be right".
Lol, facebook

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
my 2 opinions:
1: PC gaming is superior to console gaming.
2. This does not necessarily make PC gamers better than console gamers.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
PC is far superior in terms of power and for the experience (Mods)
Console gaming is easier and cheaper.

legion431

Mar 14, 2010
When you buy a console game, do you have to worry if the system you're running it on fits the requirements? No, no you do not. A good PC rig may be able to run games faster and with more graphical power but it doesn't improve the gameplay very much, and it is usually very expensive.

I'd say they're about equal.

Sep 14, 2009
poiumty said:
According to my peers, PC gaming is inferior to consoles.

Forgive them God, for they do not know what they speak of.

Just kidding. I'm an atheist.
hah love this.

OT: apples and oranges for the average person, but really that is quite ignorant of him to say such a thing, if you just laid down some cold hard facts in a calm manner i'm pretty sure that person would feel ashamed and regret saying as such.

gruggins

Apr 24, 2011
hmm i think it would be best to point out that console hardware is around five years old now so PC game makes no sense as an insult. also do him a favour and remind him that while modern warefare has a more meaty story that doesn't mean its anywhere nere being less retarded.

Russia invading the WHOLE of Europe simultaniusly anyone?

alimarin

Jun 4, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
poiumty said:
According to my peers, PC gaming is inferior to consoles.

Forgive them God, for they do not know what they speak of.

Just kidding. I'm an atheist.
hah love this.

OT: apples and oranges for the average person, but really that is quite ignorant of him to say such a thing, if you just laid down some cold hard facts in a calm manner i'm pretty sure that person would feel ashamed and regret saying as such.
I don't think so, I posted this thread to them, and this is another direct quote:
I don't care about what the internet thinks