Poll: According to my peers, PC gaming is inferior to consoles.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
Sober Thal said:
My PC gaming is far inferior to that of my consoles.

My 6 year old xbox can play Oblivion, my 6 year old PC can run it better, but my PC can't run any new AAA games, and my 360 can run them fine. My PC cost over $600 when I bought it, my 360 was $400. So yes, PC gaming is, for me, inferior to my console.
My opinion is basically the same as this guys, most of your guys PCs are more powerful because they where bought or updated recently, but my pc that is younger than my xbox and way more expensive cant run shit. So I'll say apples and oranges

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Hardware completely rapes all the consoles combined. As for games, PC gamers seem to get the short end of the stick a lot because developers just port things over now.

Danny 6Speed said:
Most of console gamers are tired with PC gamers expecting everybody to pay $2000 for things to look shiny.
Mine wasn't even that much, and I maxed the thing out since I'm a software developer and use it for a server, along with gaming. You can even get an Alienware for less than $1,000.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
I see a lot of people splitting it 50/50 because consoles are cheaper and easier.

But PCs are extremely easy to set up and you probably already have one anyways. Just go onto places like toms hardware and find benchmarks then buy the parts that are the most cost effective on the high end spectrum.

Consoles are cheaper because they sell them at a discount knowing they will charge you extra for games later to make up for it. Except that you have to replace your console much sooner than a PC user, because despite having better hardware most games are co-developed for the lowest common denominator which is consoles. Meaning that PC hardware can run the latest games for longer than a console can. There's a funny myth that console players like to spread that you have to constantly be buying new hardware and its super expensive. You can get a top of the line computer for between 500-700 and its going to last you 3-4 years easily before you even want to upgrade(unless you're a graphics whore.)

Literally the only thing different that consoles have better is plug-and-play, but I don't haul my computer around with my anyways so that's irrelevant.

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
Although I don't think anything of this whole PCs V Consoles, the whole it's gay it looks like a PC game is a perhaps one of the most "THE FUCK are you on about." things I've read on here in a while, what the hell makes it look like a PC game, as a matter of fact what the fuck makes something a PC game?!
Please give your friend a massive slap from me, preference of forehand or backhand is up to you, although i'd probably give him one of both just to be sure.

EDIT: Also tell him, "TIMMY YOU STUPID!" and no I don't care if he isn't called Timmy, he just stupid.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
These threads bring out the worst in people, they should be incur mod wrath like Vs threads and the like.

No disrepect to the OP intended.

dessertmonkeyjk

Nov 5, 2010
Consoles? Superior? HA HA HA HA HA!!!

I like my consoles as much as the next guy but they are limited in customization. That's why they can outperform them and get the best out of your games if you know what you're doing. Think of it as a reward for working for play.

alimarin

Jun 4, 2009
Soxafloppin said:
These threads bring out the worst in people, they should be incur mod wrath like Vs threads and the like.

No disrepect to the OP intended.
None taken, although avoiding the issue by removing the threads is probably just going to escalate this little issue of who has better consoles.

icaritos

Apr 15, 2009
My personal opinion as someone who gamed a long time with consoles only.

Are PC gamers better than console gamers? No

Is PC gaming superior to console gaming? Yes, PC gaming is superior.

I don't get why there is even an argument, you invest more and get more from your products. Yes it tends to be more costly and requires more elbow grease to get everything in top shape but in exchange you get more customization, freedom and better graphics.

I don't try and make it look like to people that my car that cost me 800 pounds is worth more than a BMW so I don't understand when people with consoles try to make the argument that their gaming rig is just as good as a PC.

PC gamers just choose to invest more money on their hobby and I see nothing wrong with that.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
I have my consoles ON my PC!

(rather, I have an emulated Wii (looking to buy Monster Hunter Tri for it soon) and a PS3 that runs through a signal concatenator.)

... I haven't turned my PS3 on since Uncharted 3 finished. It's much handier being able to alt-tab and mess with other stuff while playing. Not to mention, what fun is a game where you can't browse the file tree and find the soundtrack?

franconbean said:
I lolled when "story line" was used to compare the games.
But argh this argument >.< I'm in a similar situation at school.
I will vote "apples and oranges" on this one though.
I am a PC gamer, but it was hard to hear that "PC gaming is dead, get a console, get with the times" from a guy from Bethseda when I when to Eurogamer to try out skyrim.
Bethesda is in Microsoft's pocket right now. Nothing but XBOX demos, XBOX images, XBOX review copies, XBOX UIs... that was probably just the official company statement, perhaps "as routed through Microsoft."

Hiroshi Mishima

Sep 25, 2008
I think people wouldn't rag on PC gamers so much if it weren't for the fact that it DOES end up costing people who aren't used to building a computer a lot more money than the PC people claim it does.

I'll give you an example. I priced a build I was going to put together myself earlier this year and got a total of around $600 for a MODEST computer, definitely not a strong computer. Yet not too long afterwards I talked to someone who worked with computers and told me I could have built the same thing for like $150, which I personally found very hard to believe because I'd compiled that first list WITH the help of friends who were a lot more computer savvy than I am.

I do, actually, think PC gaming is better for a large number of things, but there's a few things consoles just do better. If you give the PC a controller, however, that changes and the computer can pretty much do anything the consoles can, often better. Where the consoles typically have the edge is that they're geared specifically for games.. or at least they USED to be *sigh* so they handled the games with less issues than a computer might.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Blah de fucking blah, this is just as stupid and tiresome as any "console wars".

I prefer the PC for my very own reasons. I also prefer the Wii over the 360 and PS3 for my very own reasons.

Astiahl

May 2, 2011
I chose potatoes, because they are delicious. I also find this argument dated and tiresome. Who the hell cares what platform you use, as long as you're having fun?

*has gaming PC and a Wii*

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Probably either a rabid fanboy, or a person who has met a few PC elitists.

Generally a person getting into a console war doesn't really think there positions through, and appreciates brand loyalty and raw graphical power more then they appreciate quality design or aesthetics. Id bet he is saying that PCs don't have as good Graphics as a console. Which is just patently false. There's a lot of cost/benefit calculations to do when deciding on a system, but in terms of pushing those polygons, PC is the most powerful platform. But if you want to espouse a platform as superior because you own it, things like that won't interrupt your narrative.

Alternately, he might be just a bit too dedicated to his console, and met a rabid PC elitist, and he just wanted to give that person a proverbial middle finger.

Monkey_Warfare

Sep 10, 2008
If you have the cash for a good rig (doesn't have to top of the line anymore thank god) or enjoy retro gaming PC is way better. Otherwise they are pretty much the same.
The problem is we are a bunch of pirates which pisses developers off so we don't get lots of games or they are delayed. Fortunately we have DotA and also everything comes to PC eventually so who cares.
Both groups have their fair share of morons though