Poll: According to my peers, PC gaming is inferior to consoles.

alimarin

Jun 4, 2009
This is a direct quote from Facebook:
Bobby your about to get double teamed for saying battle field is gay it looks like a pc game and it doesn't have a story line to it like modern warfare
I did agree to the fact that BF3 didn't have much of a story-line. But since when does it have to have one? Does that take away from the quality of the game? Well, if they have QTE's where you stick a knife into a rat, then yes... But otherwise I don't think it should have too much of a difference whether or not there is a storyline.

On the subject of 'battle field is gay it looks like a pc game'
What do you think he means, and if you agree or not to what this is implying, choose an option in the poll and/or voice your opinion in reply form, fellow Escapists!

Danny 6Speed

May 16, 2011
You are not part of a Glorious Golden Race.

I hate it when PC gamers think they are better than me.

ReinWeisserRitter

Nov 15, 2011
This is as inane and tiresome as any other console war. Inform your friends they're retarded for saying such things and move on with your lives.

franconbean

Apr 30, 2011
I lolled when "story line" was used to compare the games.
But argh this argument >.< I'm in a similar situation at school.
I will vote "apples and oranges" on this one though.
I am a PC gamer, but it was hard to hear that "PC gaming is dead, get a console, get with the times" from a guy from Bethseda when I when to Eurogamer to try out skyrim.

alimarin

Jun 4, 2009
Danny 6Speed said:

When did I say that it was superior? I am asking you guys if you agree with his console superiority notion.

Whytewulf

Dec 20, 2009
I have the joy of having both consule and PC.

I find that consule for me, works better for FPS. PC works better for strategy and MMORPG.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Danny 6Speed said:
I hate it when people confuse someone saying they're "not worse" with someone saying they're "better"

RagTagBand

Jul 7, 2011
I don't even know what's going on, your poll, the quote and your original post all seem to tackle 3 completely different things.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
The answer is clearly potatoes, as they are so disgusting, they loop back round into the answer to everything in life.

Also, ignore comments like that. Arguments like that please only the trolls.

Danny 6Speed

May 16, 2011
alimarin said:
Danny 6Speed said:

When did I say that it was superior? I am asking you guys if you agree with his console superiority notion.
Don't sound like it, Read it over in your head.

alimarin

Jun 4, 2009
franconbean said:
I lolled when "story line" was used to compare the games.
But argh this argument >.< I'm in a similar situation at school.
I will vote "apples and oranges" on this one though.
I am a PC gamer, but it was hard to hear that "PC gaming is dead, get a console, get with the times" from a guy from Bethseda when I when to Eurogamer to try out skyrim.
I can't believe companies are moving away simply because 'It's outdated, get a console because we make 6.02x10^23 dollars a year from them.'

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Danny 6Speed said:

While I agree with this general sentiment, insulting something because "it looks like a pc game" is just as stubborn and conceited as PC gamers thinking they're superior.

The whole argument is pretty stupid, though. Why do people get so invested in waving their e-peens around based on what platform they game on? Everyone really needs to stop being so. . . I'm not even sure what word I'm really looking for, but it's something insulting, I know that much.

Sincerely, a confused PC-PS3-Xbox 360 gamer.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
One is not superior to the other. PC Gamers are usually the ones to say that they have the superior system, and they are wrong. When console gamers say they have the superior system, they are also wrong. It's typical fanboyism. It's the console wars, but with slightly different parameters.

The difference is that PC Gamers usually insult consoles gamers personally, usually insulting their intelligence.

Then again I have a Wii and game on a laptop, so pretty much everyone hates me. The PC gamers don't think I'm "hardcore" enough to "get a REAL gaming PC" and the console gamers hate me because I have the "kiddy casual" system. I need that no good brother of mine to lend me his PS3...

WolfLord

Nov 8, 2011
Whytewulf said:
I have the joy of having both consule and PC.

I find that consule for me, works better for FPS. PC works better for strategy and MMORPG.
this my exact same feeling, damn ninja

ReinWeisserRitter

Nov 15, 2011
Danny 6Speed said:
alimarin said:
Danny 6Speed said:

Don't sound like it, Read it over in your head.
You're the one that's not reading it properly, honestly. Sounds a lot more like a sensitive area that you've been dying to vent about.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
I've got a PC and a PS3, so I can take the moral high ground while you fanboys destroy each other.

I don't prefer either platform, i just like games god dammit!

Danny 6Speed

May 16, 2011
shrekfan246 said:
Danny 6Speed said:

While I agree with this general sentiment, insulting something because "it looks like a pc game" is just as stubborn and conceited as PC gamers thinking they're superior.

The whole argument is pretty stupid, though. Why do people get so invested in waving their e-peens around based on what platform they game on? Everyone really needs to stop being so. . . I'm not even sure what word I'm really looking for, but it's something insulting, I know that much.

Sincerely, a confused PC-PS3-Xbox 360 gamer.
Finally a worthwhile reply. But I am Native Amarican and am annoyed with people thinking they're better than me.