Poll: Advice?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
dragonslayer32 said:
(even though she cheated on me)
This would stop me from dating the girl in question ever again.

Sorry, but you can't just fix broken trust like that.

Gonna back up what most everyone else is saying: Get with the new girl. You were considering asking her out anyway, so she's clearly pretty "enough".

Feb 7, 2009
The Man With the Soap said:
I say neither.
[footnote]Please do not make low content posts in the Advice Forum. Thanks! -Aylaine[/footnote]
Really? Last time I gave my opinion, you gave me a warning for that too! I can't fucking win with you people.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
I would never date someone who cheated on me. I would not want to set myself back up in that position. Go with the new girl you met, your ex is just using you as a fall back. Besides I would go with personality over looks anyday.

Flare Phoenix

Dec 18, 2009
Personally it sounds like to me your ex only wants you back until she can find someone else. As other people have said if she's cheated on you once she will cheat on you again. Besides, looks will only get you so far (it's in the eye of the beholder anyway). When you truly love and trust someone, they become the most beautiful person to you. And that kind of beauty will last far far longer than any kind of physical attractiveness.

kokirisoldier

Apr 15, 2008
I hate to say this, but personality is a little better to have than looks.

IT DOESN'T however mean that a mutated-freak-zombie-blown off limbs-with and eyeball hanging out is going to get kim kardashian.

Just saying that its helpful.

Glaive_21842

Dec 21, 2009
Your ex is an ex for a reason. Not to mention that Ms.Personality can't be that unattractive if you're...well, attracted. Even if we look at this with pure logic, your ex +1 on looks, -1 on dull, -1 on cheated. That's a -1 total. Ms.Personality is currently +1 personality, neutral on looks, N/A on previous experience. That's +1 in comparison. Ms.Personality, dude! Go with Ms.Personality.

Imp Poster

Sep 16, 2010
If I were you, I would date your ex knowing that I would never take her seriously. Maybe, she can be good for one thing. Since you are young, I am sure you got hormones that are raging. But that all depends on how much you really like this college girl. Are you not over your ex? I only ask since you seem to have feelings for this college girl, why you would think about going back to that hurt again? Situation seems to be a given.

Yes, I am the one that voted for looks, but that is not what I meant. If you are not over your ex, then don't go out with the college girl and hurt her or even worse use her as a rebound.
That's what I meant.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
I'm surprised so many people are going with personality. I was pretty sure there were more shallow people on here. Anyways...@1 person who picked looks-who cares about looks? I know some attractive people that will never put out so you might be stuck with a girl that is attractive, but doesn't do anything with those looks and your conversations are about how to plug in TVs.

And on the topic of your ex CHEATING ON YOU!!!! Don't trust her. Trust is hard to gain, easy to lose and impossible to get back. REMEMBER THAT!

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
Leemaster777 said:
Dude, personality every time.

Looks don't REALLY matter in the long run.
This guy is so right; if you don't go for personality, you will eventually regret it. I guarantee it.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I'd always pick an interesting girl over an attractive one, but I'm secure enough to admit that I wouldn't want to be with someone who I didn't find at least somewhat physically attractive.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Glaive_21842 said:
Your ex is an ex for a reason. Not to mention that Ms.Personality can't be that unattractive if you're...well, attracted. Even if we look at this with pure logic, your ex +1 on looks, -1 on dull, -1 on cheated. That's a -1 total. Ms.Personality is currently +1 personality, neutral on looks, N/A on previous experience. That's +1 in comparison. Ms.Personality, dude! Go with Ms.Personality.
That's a unique way of looking at it, but so true!

+1 to creativity in approaching advice!

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Zeeky_Santos said:
It depends what you're looking for. If you want some sexing up to release some pent up tension, looks all the way. If you want something serious however, a personality is the base of all interpersonal relations on the planet, this should be no different. Conflicting personalities clash, they do not get along and hence we have unstable relations.
Ah, but we have to consider length - if you'll pardon the innuendo. Can we really see a relationship with this guy's ex who - as has been pointed out soooo many times - cheated on him? I don't see it lasting. On the other hand, Personality Girl has the potential to be around for longer, thus giving you a higher amount of sex after a certain point. From a sexy-sexy point of view, Personality Girl still has the potential to have a higher socre than Looks Girl[footnote]I hate referring to them as such. Seems kinda rude. I'm sure both girls look quite nice and they both have personalities, even if one of them is "cheater".[/footnote]

Timotei

The Return of T-Bomb
Apr 21, 2009
I'm not the first to say this, and probably won't be the last: "Go with personality!"

The fact you're even torn between them should be an indicator to you that maybe it's time to sit down and thoroughly assess your priorities for what you are looking for in a relationship.

Even more, the fact you are torn between a new girl and your ex who cheated on you, and whom you have stated you do not entirely trust should be a clear sign that maybe your mind or judgment is a bit misplaced.