Poll: After today's big reveal, are you getting a Wii U?

Dracthor

Jan 10, 2013
I already have a Wii U though the games I tend to play the most on it are the ones I can turn off the TV and play on the game pad. My eyes are bad when it comes to picking out small details on big screens so my only options are to play close up to a computer screen or play a handheld. For me the game pad mixes those two world perfectly and I wonder why they didn't just scrap the whole dual screen thing and make a solid home handheld.

Edit: Can't wait to go hunting with my buddys in monster hunter again, and the windwaker remake would be good for me becase I only got to watch my friend play it (I was using the GBA Tingle coop thing).

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Like with every other console released since I graduated high school, I will not be buying the Wii-U until it has matured so I can get a decent game library for it to start with. This is a good start, but that's all it is: a start.

NoeL

May 14, 2011
I was already planning on waiting a year or so before picking of these up, but depending on how fast these are released I might have to grab one earlier.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
How many of these games allow me to use that Xbox looking controller instead? I really don't want to use that over sized game boy.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
I'll get around to buying it eventually, sure it's games look appealing but it's not like they're going anywhere. Basically what I'm saying is I'm poor right now.

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
'Okay everyone, we've got some exciting news. You know those games like Super Mario, Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Zelda that we release for every console we create? Well guess what! They're coming to the WII U!'

Sorry, but what was the big reveal again?

Anyway, I still maintain the position I've always maintained; Nintendo consoles offer some of the most fun first party games around, those alone are worth the price of admission. That being said I won't be picking up the Wii U until they've got some heavy hitters under their belt; I'll probably pick one up after their first price drop.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Vault101 said:
this is a big anouncment?..eh

I'll get a Wii U if

-an awsome New Metroid trillogy with a great cohearant story with a good end
-it is better than a PC
-it is a sentient robot that will clean my room
-it doubles as a energy drink despencer
-it has blue neon lights

so..never in other words
So you'd buy it if it was Paulie's robot from Rocky 4?

Me too...me too...

...but only then.

EDIT: Also I have no connection to any of those titles, I don't even know what more than half of them are...not going to get me to break my never owned a console streak. No sir.

xefaros

Jun 27, 2012
Quite noticeable that all are sequels or addition to already popular franchises.I for one have to proudly state that i have played none of those exclusive predecessors and most probably never do.If they are going to use exclusivity as a marketing campaign the least they can do is put something interesting or unique on the market like zombieU (i'll give them bayonetta,would be interesting how they pull off the U control)

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
Most of the people saying No Haven't actually given the wii U a good look.
Really you think this is a game in which you take turns to hit each other like MMOs?
Well I guess real time RPG'S are as well. HURR DURRR.
A game that's original naoaa that's not possible NIntendo only has ports and sequels.
Grand theft auto with legos 2kiddy4 me It's not like I'll suck any game like grand theft auto's cock.
That can't be a strategy game it has an x hurr durr
A gun with a sexy witch with fast paced and exciting combat not 4 me.
And all of those platformers and shooters aren't nough 4 me either.
NIntendo covers all o der basses not enough 4 a hard core guy like me needs MORE COOD which it tottalt has, but he controller is gimmicky so I don't ant it.
Why would you ever bring a nintendo thread into the escapist is beyond me.

thejarofdirt882

May 2, 2012
God damn do I want Pikmin 3,... but I don't really want a WiiU just for one game.

There may be a time when my sister notices that her WiiU has gone missing after I visit her. It's called borrowing without permission!

eggy32

Nov 19, 2009
I will be getting one but not for a while. I'll probably wait until my birthday in July.

hooblabla6262

Aug 8, 2008
While I am interested in getting the new Wii U, I think I will wait awhile for a big price drop.
It will be fun to play some Pikmin again :D

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
DustyDrB said:
Very likely. Before I get a system, I expect it to have 12 games I want and can't play on a system I already own. The Wii U looks like it may get there a whole lot faster than I expected.
In no order, I want (or am very optimistic about) these:
1. Pikmin 3
2. 3D Mario
3. Wii U Zelda
4. Bayonetta 2
5. The Shin Megami Tensei-Fire Emblem crossover
6. Wii U Smash Brothers
7. The Wonderful 101
8. Rayman Legends

Wind Waker HD may make it as an exception too. I do already have it, but adding a Master Quest and making the sailing/wind-changing less of a pain in the ass would do much to sway me.
The prospect of extra dungeons that didn't quite make the cut of the first Wind Waker due to time constraints tantalises me, Wind Waker is easily my favourite Zelda bar Minish Cap.

I'm almost definately gonna pick one up, it meets my 8 games quota and will likely overtake it, since it's the platform of choice for a few choice titles in the coming months.

Plus, 3D Mario, I wants me some of that!

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
yay for finally seeing some exciting games announced on the wii U (seriously Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem made my dick ROCKHARD instantly) but it'll be still quite a while until I get the console (though I'm definitely getting one). Why? Because "announced" doesn't mean it'll be coming this year (or next for that matter).

Remember when Luigi's Mansion 2 was announced? In June fucking 2011!!!

Yeah, the games so far look delicious and some even surprised me a lot (Yoshi's Epic Yarn, "Xenoblade 2" and the aforemention cross over) and the fact that Retro Studios is still working on their hidden project makes me really excited about the Wii U but yeah... no buying it prematurely like I did with the 3DS only to collect dust until it's the time for a Kid Icarus uprising equivalent.

Captcha: "Do it now!

No, captcha, I won't. Even with you subtle manipulation, I won't >:C

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I already have one, and after today I have even less regrets than I did before. Which, by my calculations, means I now have minus 27 regrets.

Most keen for Mario (and Kart), Zelda(s), Smash, Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Nazulu said:
How many of these games allow me to use that Xbox looking controller instead? I really don't want to use that over sized game boy.
Almost all of them since they have identical button layouts.

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
None of the games you listed interests me in the slightest, so no, still not convinced to buy one.