Poll: Aliens vs. Predator (Original Thread)

zahr

Mar 26, 2009
I don't really care for either franchise, but I love Giger's paintings.

martin's a madman

Aug 20, 2008
Marines>predators>Aliens. Marines in groups could take on either because bullets kill. Predators take on multiple aliens and still win while resorting to stealth to kill Marines 1 by 1. Aliens swarm and attack no logic just plain instinct. Reminds me of Terran Vs Protoss Vs Zerg.

Grayl

Jun 9, 2009
I've found predators to be the most fun when playing AvP2, with aliens coming in second. The marine campaign was the best out of the three, but predators are just cool; killing for sport is just like killing to survive for them.

So I'd go with the predators.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
JoeKickAzz said:
iv been watching a lot of AvP videos and i gotta say, its looking good.

I myself am a alien fan, they're just so cool! and because they are the true hunters, they don't need anything special to hunt

i think predators are cheap, cause they HAVE to use all that tech, but if they go against an alien without all that stuff, they would get their ass kick.

Marines are just there for extra kills.

so....which side will you be on?
Haven't you watched Predator?

OT:predators please.

WendelI

Jan 7, 2009
Aliens if they regenerate health after killing and move on walls and have whips and such. To me its a throw back in first person to sexy prototype.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
I used to play as the Alien in the first "proper" PC version, hard to learn and get to grips with to be effective but so much fun scaring the hell out of those Marines.
The Predator was overpowered to the point that any predator in a match would automatically become "hunt the predator" gametype, it wasn't part of the game its just what the internet wanted, it wanted the predator dead.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
The_Night_Walker said:
Madaxeman101 said:
Predators are like chuck norris from space

Now i am imagining a Pred Norris beacuse of you and it ROCKS
These comments actually made me bark out with laughter.

Now i'm imagining a Predator with a Chuck Norris beard and a long sleeved blue shirt on.

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
I want to play predators because any race with some sweet tech and a mind-fucking trophy kill deserves a good playthrough, right?

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I think aleins are a pretty cool guy...

...ahem...

In every aliens vs predator game, I always like the aliens and the marines. There was some old AVP xbox RTS game that was really bad-- except for the aliens. In that game you would actually drag bodies back to the hive and lay eggs in them to make new units.

The old AVP (2?) FPS was a fantastic game, so I have high hopes for a new one.

Never really enjoyed the predator too much, then again, I never did the thief or hitman thing either.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
GodsOneMistake said:
Wait, i thought this game got cancelled months ago what the hell...

and I'll go with Marines just for the sake of being different
Close...that was a different AvP game.

You know, I'm torn. The Predators have all that awesome tech and can do wicked killing maneuvers, but the Aliens are just stupid amounts of badass. Picking which one is more cool is like trying to pick my favorite puppy, or something.

Marines, feh.

joe182

Feb 18, 2005
Predator all the way.. They're just so damn cool, and playing as one would be awesome.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Get on the ready line, lock and load!

These alien scum aren't so tough, give them the loud end of an M41a and they die just like everything else...

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
B T A M R D said:
Radeonx said:
scnj said:
Predators all the way. Sure, they need that technology to hunt, but it proves they have the intellect to develop the technology in the first place.
This, and they are completely badass. That is always a good reason.
I'm with you guys. When I was watching the Predator I was wondering what Arnold would look like with no skin.
Very muscular, and very dead. Plus I am going with the predator just so that I can try and do a trophy kill in an online match and say to all the fanboy crybabys out there who complain about it, hey I did it now stfu.

Malkavian

Jan 22, 2009
I'll be on the side of search buttons. They deserve more attention.

Alien, though.