Poll: Aliens vs. Predator (Original Thread)

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
GodsOneMistake said:
Wait, i thought this game got cancelled months ago what the hell...

and I'll go with Marines just for the sake of being different
Close...that was a different AvP game.

You know, I'm torn. The Predators have all that awesome tech and can do wicked killing maneuvers, but the Aliens are just stupid amounts of badass. Picking which one is more cool is like trying to pick my favorite puppy, or something.
Well whatever you do, don't let Roy Mustang make the decision. For he will pick all of them and five more that aren't even part of the selection.

blood77

Apr 23, 2008
Aliens do seem like a lot of fun. They sneak around in the shadows and surprise their enemies, like extra terrestrial ninja that bleed acid.

However, stealth is only good if you can pick off one enemy at a time, if they stick in a group it becomes hard to ghost people.

Predators also seem like a lot of fun. They can cloak, see in different light spectrums, and have advance technological weapons.

However, as we have observed, technology always has it's unforeseen problems.

Marines may not be able to sneak around like aliens or predators, they may not have advanced weapons or tough exoskeletons. But I would still be my money on them, cause in a pinch humans have to proved to be incredible survivors.

Over all the game looks like a lot of fun no matter who you play as.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I really hope the new game is like the old, I didn't get to play the old one much...

I prefer marines though, makes the game more tense and scary.

Nutcase

Dec 3, 2008
Marine <3

I usually prefer characters with serious strengths and serious weaknesses to balance them out. Humans tend to be portrayed as average in everything, which causes me to not play them. AvP and Starcraft are some of those rare games where humans have extreme weaknesses and strengths.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
GodsOneMistake said:
Wait, i thought this game got cancelled months ago what the hell...

and I'll go with Marines just for the sake of being different
Close...that was a different AvP game.

You know, I'm torn. The Predators have all that awesome tech and can do wicked killing maneuvers, but the Aliens are just stupid amounts of badass. Picking which one is more cool is like trying to pick my favorite puppy, or something.

Marines, feh.
Ladies and gentlemen, Susan Arendt, the official Escapist sarnath'er. :p

I'd probably go with the Aliens, though.

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
Has to be Predator, the equipment isn't all needed as such, considering they kick ass with just melee weapons, most of the tech is just time saving :p

titanium turtle

Jul 1, 2009
anyone played avp extinction?

ravagers are total badass- they cut everything into pieces
also they are the easiest species to win with
also aliens rule because they can spread and destroy planets the fastest

iron codpiece

Mar 17, 2009
Predators fulfil my mantasy (man+fantasty) of being a Primal being living for the thrill of the hunt AND they have neato gizmos!

JacOak

Oct 9, 2008
Xenomorph (Alien). Just a personal preference, based on sheer awesome potential. Acid Blood? Violent method of reproduction? Sheer badass monstrousness? Going with Xeno.

WolfmanNougat said:
Predator. Not just because they're badass and such, but because of their motives. So, the Aliens are just a hive mind, everything they do is pretty much, "For the glory of the Rrroyalty," so to speak.
Sweeeeeeeeeet. Beast Wars reference. I give you a hug, and squeak my ducky, yeeeeees.

SsilverR

Feb 26, 2009
i'm always a stealth gamer that 1 shots you from the shadows .. so aliens and their overpowered tail whip and ability to eat your face and regen health please

second choice is marine for 2 reasons

1. i love a scary experience
2. only a true badass walks into battle labelled "prey" and still comes out victorious .. killing the crap out of superior beings that were meant to be better than you in every way

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
I WAS on Alien's side, but then I used the AvP mod for Morrowind, then I saw all their weapons and stuff, and I've been with Predator since then.

surprised Marines has votes though

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
Madaxeman101 said:
Predators are like chuck norris from space
That... makes sense!

I need Dan Brown to write a book about this obvious, and awesome, conspiricy.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Combat Arms
I suppose playing as aliens will be like zombies except they're cooler. But aliens is worth a try. But in the long-run is the:
Predators obviously. A net that you can't escape from. A mini BFG. A cloaking device. Twin blades that kill. What more do you want?

JoeKickAzz

Feb 22, 2009
Sci-Fi luver437 said:
Combat Arms
I suppose playing as aliens will be like zombies except they're cooler. But aliens is worth a try. But in the long-run is the:
Predators obviously. A net that you can't escape from. A mini BFG. A cloaking device. Twin blades that kill. What more do you want?
well.....predators should have an easy bake oven to make cupcakes!

they might get hungry.