Poll: Alright lads and ladies enough friendzone nonsense, we're discussing something both genders agree on

Serge A. Storms

Oct 7, 2009
I feel like that streak between Rubber Soul and Abbey Road was probably the greatest run a pop/rock band ever had, and that alone puts them among the absolute greats to ever play (as a matter of how good the band actually was, obviously they were an all-time great in terms of their financial success and impact on the genre), although I'd hesitate to say "the best" because they weren't the only band of that era to put out at least one album that was something beyond what anyone had ever previously heard.

I'd also say that if they didn't acquire very many fans among Generation Y, it has more to do with Generation Y living in an era where albums aren't emphasized as complete works the way they once were. These days if it's not rap or some sort of world music it's like owning the album doesn't even matter.

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
I?m not a fan (although I like some of their tracks), but I understand the impact they made. They?re an objectively good band.