Poll: Am I The Only One Bothered By How In Diablo III.......

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
I never played Druid or Necromancer as a summoner so im not bothered.

Wolf Druid and Poison/Bone/Curse Necro were WAY better.

Phoenix_XIII

May 15, 2011
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Phoenix_XIII said:
thirion1850 said:
Phoenix_XIII said:
thirion1850 said:
Druids were added in the expansion, however. I'm sure they'll get around to it. Thing is, though, I've already played Diablo 3. It's called Torchlight.
Speaking of which, do you recommend that game? I watched Yahtzee's review on it and the game still kind of interests me.
It's not bad. With all the mods you can get for it, it can get pretty expansive. Not much customization on looks, but it certainly relieves tension and is buildable as with Diablo.
I see. I'll have to look into getting it.
I've played it and it's not that bad at all. If Torchlight is a precursor to D3, then I would infer that Diablo 3 is going to be well worth the wait. The biggest thing I loved about Torchlight was the fact that you had a Shared Loot chest in town. What this does is allow you to store weapons, armor and other items for when you make new characters and the like. The skill trees were a little confusing at first, but it only takes a little bit of time getting used to them. The only things that I nitpicked about was the AoE attacks and the skill trees, but practice makes those AoE attacks better and I already said my piece about dem trees.

Definitely recommend if you have the points and enjoy the Diablo series, as Torchlight is a good cartoonish clone of it.
From what Yahtzee said, it sounds like WoW and Diablo combined.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I'm more bothered by it's visual style being less Diablo and more WoW. I love Diablos darker tone, but oh well.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Phoenix_XIII said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
Phoenix_XIII said:
thirion1850 said:
Phoenix_XIII said:
thirion1850 said:
Druids were added in the expansion, however. I'm sure they'll get around to it. Thing is, though, I've already played Diablo 3. It's called Torchlight.
Speaking of which, do you recommend that game? I watched Yahtzee's review on it and the game still kind of interests me.
It's not bad. With all the mods you can get for it, it can get pretty expansive. Not much customization on looks, but it certainly relieves tension and is buildable as with Diablo.
I see. I'll have to look into getting it.
I've played it and it's not that bad at all. If Torchlight is a precursor to D3, then I would infer that Diablo 3 is going to be well worth the wait. The biggest thing I loved about Torchlight was the fact that you had a Shared Loot chest in town. What this does is allow you to store weapons, armor and other items for when you make new characters and the like. The skill trees were a little confusing at first, but it only takes a little bit of time getting used to them. The only things that I nitpicked about was the AoE attacks and the skill trees, but practice makes those AoE attacks better and I already said my piece about dem trees.

Definitely recommend if you have the points and enjoy the Diablo series, as Torchlight is a good cartoonish clone of it.
From what Yahtzee said, it sounds like WoW and Diablo combined.
I can see where he gets that from, but it's A LOT more Diablo than WoW. Maybe it's because of the different armors you can wear at the same time as that was one of his nitpickings against WoW. Didn't bother me, much, and the skill trees were more like Diablo than WoW, as well.

The_Yeti

Jan 17, 2011
I was one of these "I loved my necro, wheres my necro?" people, then I went and played diablo2 again, and fooking-A its more hassle then its worth to try and keep tabs on a bunch of brainless AI, not to mention it'd be utterly useless in the pvp portion of the game as it can only be balanced as overpowered or underpowered.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Byere said:
On that note:
Demon Hunter = Amazon
Barbarian = Barbarian (duh?)
Wizard = Sorceress
Monk = Paladin (only MUCH better)

Who knows what they'll add for the expansion...
Really? I found Paladin to be the most powerful class in Diablo 2.
Mostly because they had some of the most efficient/broken skills in the game.
Unless you mean in design, with which I will agree with Monk. Paladins were powerful, but horribly boring to play.

cgmetallica1981

Mar 15, 2010
I thought this thread was gonna be about the WoW-like graphics. Yeah Diablo II is my favorite game but I will just play Grim Dawn and Path of Exile for FREE when they come out. So should you.

marginal

Mar 21, 2009
Taken from the Official website: "As if these assaults were not enough, the witch doctor also had at his command the ability to summon undead creatures from the netherworld to rend the flesh from his enemy's body."

Also, I consider summoning builds the weakest anyway. Perhaps now you'll be able to make a summoning build that can actually hold their own in combat.

Phoenix_XIII

May 15, 2011
cgmetallica1981 said:
I thought this thread was gonna be about the WoW-like graphics. Yeah Diablo II is my favorite game but I will just play Grim Dawn and Path of Exile for FREE when they come out. So should you.
When do they come out?

scully745

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix_XIII said:
They have less classes than in Diablo II and they aren't exactly that good? In Diablo II I played as either a Druid or Necromancer because they could pretty much raise armies of Spirits / Skeletons and other stuff so it helped me out because face it: A lot of stuff in Diablo II was difficult up close. I don't know how I would've beaten Blood Raven if it weren't for my skeleton army. There were too many things around her and she ran away whenever you got close to her. Melee was really hard for me. And using Bows or Crossbows wasn't very easy for me. They have ONE class where you can summon, but the summoning doesn't come until later on. Having a true Summoning class is very important. It gives people who aren't that skilled at melee, magic, or long distance attacking a very good advantage. I kind of feel just cut out of Diablo III's plan here.

What are your thoughts?
They have the same amount of classes as Diable did when it first shipped. I beleive the point of classes is to have a range of different ways to play, and if a certain way isn't viable for a certain game they won't bother leaving it in. It does alienate some stubborn people who refuse to change, but are they really losing anyone in that situation?

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
No, there's all sorts of people who bitched that the necro wasn't around.

I'm apathetic. It's something they can add in an expansion, or not. I wasn't particularly attached to summons, they were annoying to keep track of, although it was neato running around with a million skeletons following me swarming crap.

Charisma

Oct 28, 2008
I can't believe how awesome they made the Wizard, and I've never really liked pet classes anyway. So I'm more than happy with D3 as it is.

Phoenix_XIII

May 15, 2011
Greyah said:
So far, Diablo 3 classes seem fine. I hope they balance the game a bit better than Diablo 2 LOD though.

The problem with Diablo 2 was mostly that, unless you had a reasonable build (including gear and perhaps even merc), all classes could suck terribly. However, with the right build, gear, merc, etc. every class could be really powerful (except for the paladin, which is really ridiculously bat-shit-crazy-powerful). That's good and all, but some items are difficult to come by, and it wasn't until recently that they added a respec option. If you spread out your skill points at first to see what everything does, you were screwed.

Also, to the OP: necromancer is easily the class in Diablo 2 that requires the least skill to play. You said melee was difficult, and ranged wasn't easy, but that might not be the game's fault. It might just be you being bad at the game. Solving that little problem isn't too difficult. All you have to do is practice a bit.

[small]Or play a fist of the heavens paladin...[/small]
I could try playing a Sorceress.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Phoenix_XIII said:
It gives people who aren't that skilled at melee, magic, or long distance attacking a very good advantage.
Maybe these people should be looking for other games to play.

Phoenix_XIII

May 15, 2011
JUMBO PALACE said:
Phoenix_XIII said:
It gives people who aren't that skilled at melee, magic, or long distance attacking a very good advantage.
Maybe these people should be looking for other games to play.
Not really. A lot of games embrace summoners. Oblivion, a lot of Fantasy MMOs, JRPGs... The list goes on.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Personally, I always thought the summoning classes BROKE the game. Whenever I played online with someone who summoned stuff, my character didn't even get a hit in--or get hit--before the fight was over. The monsters simply got swarmed by thousands of undead. I like killing my targets myself, or with my fellow hiring by my side. Summoners felt like they were simply watching the game play itself.