Poll: Am I The Only One Bothered By How In Diablo III.......

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Kurokami said:
Well the druid was in the expansion so let's count for a second.

Barbarian
Demon hunter
Sorceress
Witch Doctor
Monk

Now let's count again

Barbarian
Paladin
Necromancer
Sorceress
Amazon

I think your counting is off unless I missed something. And no, the Assassin and Druid aren't counted as they were found in the expansion.

As for the summoning, the Witch Doctor is there for summoning as I understand it.
That. Also, D2 had only one summoning class, the necromancer, and D3 has one summoning class(unless you count the amazon's mirror duplicate thingy). It actually looks as if the same classes will be in both just with some minor reskins and some skill swapping.

Bon_Clay

Aug 5, 2010
Phoenix_XIII said:
Bon_Clay said:
Phoenix_XIII said:
Bon_Clay said:
The way I see if the Witch Doctor is a true summoner class. The necro had offensive spells and other stuff as well, you can probably build it different ways.

And you couldn't do well with ONLY summoning skills as a necromancer. If you didn't use some curses and corpse explosion your character would be useless in hell.
I got through the game with mainly summoning skills. The other stuff I never really used.
Your other post said you didn't bother with battle.net, so I assume you mean you got through single player. I guess that would work, but most people play online and without curses and corpse explosion your necro would be a pile of crap compared to anyone else playing.

If you wanted to beat difficult bosses with other people in the room, do runs in hell, or do PVP you needed to make character a lot better than single player. I played on hardcore mode so it was especially competitive, you had to have your crap together or you were dead.
I can see what you mean. When I play Diablo though, I only play single player. It just seems like more of a single player game to me. I guess whether or not a Summon Necro works depends on the way you play the game, correct?
Ya and that's fine, its not like your way is somehow the wrong way to play it. If you have fun then that's all that matters. But I still think the Witch Doctor could play the same way, they have only shown a handful of its skills so far.

There might be even more varied summoning skills than the necro had, making pure summoning builds MORE viable than in D2. If you put all your points into them and use gear fitting it, I'm sure you can still get through the game playing that way.

Hell plenty of people made builds specifically because they were difficult. If people managed to make melee sorceresses in D2 you can find a class that works with only summons.

Phoenix_XIII

May 15, 2011
Bon_Clay said:
Phoenix_XIII said:
Bon_Clay said:
Phoenix_XIII said:
Bon_Clay said:
The way I see if the Witch Doctor is a true summoner class. The necro had offensive spells and other stuff as well, you can probably build it different ways.

And you couldn't do well with ONLY summoning skills as a necromancer. If you didn't use some curses and corpse explosion your character would be useless in hell.
I got through the game with mainly summoning skills. The other stuff I never really used.
Your other post said you didn't bother with battle.net, so I assume you mean you got through single player. I guess that would work, but most people play online and without curses and corpse explosion your necro would be a pile of crap compared to anyone else playing.

If you wanted to beat difficult bosses with other people in the room, do runs in hell, or do PVP you needed to make character a lot better than single player. I played on hardcore mode so it was especially competitive, you had to have your crap together or you were dead.
I can see what you mean. When I play Diablo though, I only play single player. It just seems like more of a single player game to me. I guess whether or not a Summon Necro works depends on the way you play the game, correct?
Ya and that's fine, its not like your way is somehow the wrong way to play it. If you have fun then that's all that matters. But I still think the Witch Doctor could play the same way, they have only shown a handful of its skills so far.

There might be even more varied summoning skills than the necro had, making pure summoning builds MORE viable than in D2. If you put all your points into them and use gear fitting it, I'm sure you can still get through the game playing that way.

Hell plenty of people made builds specifically because they were difficult. If people managed to make melee sorceresses in D2 you can find a class that works with only summons.
And I can live with that. I guess I can live with the Witch Doctor and whatever he does. I'll just do what I did with the Necro and sink points just into summoning. And locusts. Those will be useful.

Good night, everyone!

darkcommanderq

Sep 14, 2010
summoning classes are boring. iv played a summon necro and it just got old after a while watching my skeletons murder the face off every thing.

also other classes can just as easily kill shit without summoning.

ElectroJosh

Aug 27, 2009
Hammeroj said:
On the front of the classes, Diablo 3's biggest misstep so far is the Demon Hunter class, for obvious reasons.

It's not the biggest kick in the balls of the whole game, however. That would be the change in tone and atmosphere from the first game, the ridiculously amped up cheesiness and the incredibly low quality graphics. This is going to be a Diablo game in gameplay and gameplay alone.
Interestingly I found the Demon Hunter to be the first class that really appealled to me.

Anyway my main reason for responding is about the tone of the new game. I found from the screenshots and vidoes that the tone seems a bit darker than the previous game. Diablo 1 was a lot darker and drearier in tone but D2 was actually very colorful and took the player to some very brightly lit areas. I don't really understand this complaint. Its as if people who played D2 only recall the tombs, caves and crypt but forget about the various over-worlds, brightly-hued monsters, spell-effects and well-lit dungeons.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Of all the things that bother me about Diablo 3, I hadn't really considered this. I suppose it is kind of unfortunate. Summoning classes can be quite fun. I am not too keen on the classes in D3 so far. Especially the Barbarian, I felt it was the most boring class of D2 so I am kind of upset that it made it over as the melee fighter instead of the Paladin.
In fact, I think only having 5 classes is silly. I would have expected 7.
-EDIT-
I am more pissed off that there is no amazon. I always preferred the rogue in D1 and the amazon in D2. I had 3 of them. Bowazon, Spearazon and Javazon.

Turtleboy1017

Likes Turtles
Nov 16, 2008
Phoenix_XIII said:
Turtleboy1017 said:
Phoenix_XIII said:
snip
Summon Necros were good. Battle.net was too much of a hassle for me to actually use so I never did any PVP. And against monsters and crap they were really good.
Evidently you never played Nightmare or Hell mode. If you did, and managed to get through the entire game using a necro that only had summon skills, and didn't really have anything invested into bone or poison, you were an amazing player.

But yeah I'm kind of assuming that you were on normal, vanilla D2. In which case you could beat the game by using only the keyboard to play.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Personally I liked my assassin. I've never managed to do well with summoning classes. I feel it makes the game too easy. And its hard for me to get pissed at a game that isn't even released yet and that they are still working on. Especially when not everything about every character has been released yet. But that's my own opinion.

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
Take solace in the fact that Diablo 3 isn't finished yet. There's plenty of room for additions/changes to the various classes.

It would be my hope that they have a class where you can summon armies, which is what I enjoyed in my time as a druid.

scully745

Mar 15, 2011
DragonChi said:
Phoenix_XIII said:
thirion1850 said:
Druids were added in the expansion, however. I'm sure they'll get around to it. Thing is, though, I've already played Diablo 3. It's called Torchlight.
Speaking of which, do you recommend that game? I watched Yahtzee's review on it and the game still kind of interests me.
can you link me to the D3 review from Yahtzee. I don't see any review from him about it. Unless you mistook the Torchlight episode as a D3 review. I don't see how he can review a game that isn't out yet. So I think you may have been mistaken. If im wrong, please link the review.
I'm honestly not sure if you're trolling or just missing the point. Torchlight is basically a Diablo clone, made by some of the same development team that made Diablo and my guess is they made it because like the rest of the world, they got bored of waiting for Blizzard to stop milking their cash cow. Give it a try, it's not that bad apart from the Alchemist being stupidly overpowered once you get that hand-beam thing that I can't remember the name of.

Doitpow

Mar 18, 2009
Phoenix_XIII said:
thirion1850 said:
Druids were added in the expansion, however. I'm sure they'll get around to it. Thing is, though, I've already played Diablo 3. It's called Torchlight.
Speaking of which, do you recommend that game? I watched Yahtzee's review on it and the game still kind of interests me.
I recommend it if you like hack n' slash loot games. It's Diablo with a WoW aesthetic and a Steampunk twist.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
Atmos Duality said:
Byere said:
On that note:
Demon Hunter = Amazon
Barbarian = Barbarian (duh?)
Wizard = Sorceress
Monk = Paladin (only MUCH better)

Who knows what they'll add for the expansion...
Really? I found Paladin to be the most powerful class in Diablo 2.
Mostly because they had some of the most efficient/broken skills in the game.
Unless you mean in design, with which I will agree with Monk. Paladins were powerful, but horribly boring to play.
Since you put it that way, it's a little of column A, a little of column B.
Design wise, boring as hell. Not overly powerful in melee compared to other classes due to slow weapons and lacking in physical power... but the auras did may up for that. The ability to inflict damage as you're attacked and heal over time without potions was nice.
Much as I prefer turn-based combat, in a game series like Diablo, I prefer to muck right in and swing hard and fast hits that kill quickly.

That said, my list was only really a comparison between the last game and this one... sadly, the Monk/Paladin were the only ones left as the others were so obvious, so I had to pair them.
In a theological sense, they're both warriors of body AND mind and they're usually associated with religion in some way or another.

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
I'm not the least bothered, because it IS NOT TRUE!

You've just simply taken the expansion pack of Diablo II with the game itself comparable to the new-release of Diablo III, that obviously has no expansion packs, little less its own game out yet.

That said, It will be awesome, because it is Blizzard making it. Enough said.
Also, ignore Torchlight. It's just as good a replacement for Diablo III as a goat is for a cow.
(Go with the cow)

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Phoenix_XIII said:
thirion1850 said:
Its Diablo 2. Without the dark style. The game only has one BIG GLARING FAULT. Lack of multiplayer. I mean....what the HELL?

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
Personally, if Diablo 3 ever comes out on the consoles(Blizzard has talked about so it isn't a pipe dream, I hope) I would then be a little bothered by it.

Blizzard will probably release an expansion in due time anyway, which of course is Blizzard time so in 5 to 10 years.

rmb1983

I am the storm.
Mar 29, 2011
DragonChi said:
Phoenix_XIII said:
DragonChi said:
Phoenix_XIII said:
thirion1850 said:
can you link me to the D3 review from Yahtzee. I don't see any review from him about it. Unless you mistook the Torchlight episode as a D3 review. I don't see how he can review a game that isn't out yet. So I think you may have been mistaken. If im wrong, please link the review.
Think he was joking about D3's new look and how it's less Diabloesque and more WoWish.
Right..I think the review your referring to, is the Torchlight Review. You didn't provide a Link to your source of information, and that is the only episode that somewhat resembles a Diablo-esque game, and saying that the game being reviewed looks like WoW in some respects in art style. Torchlight does look similar to WoW, but D3 is nowhere close IMHO.
They were referring to Torchlight to begin with, so they aren't mistaken at all.

OT: I honestly doubt it'd bother me, either way. The Witch Doctor is definitely being toted as the token summoner class, so I doubt that the game will lack one.
Personally, though, I usually end up tinkering around with all the classes and build options, so it really wouldn't make a difference to me, in the end. I had a bit of fun with a Summon/Curse build Necromancer, but I really wouldn't miss it.