Poll: am I the only one who likes rainy days?

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
the darknees abyss said:
I don't know what it is but I love it when rain and I want to know if I am the only one who dose or if you like them as well so answerer my poll above and leave comment on how and why you answered it that way.
Poll and title misled me, meant to vote that No, you aren't the only one but thats not what your poll asks. > > Bit confusing there mate. Migth skew your answers.

OT: I like the rain, I also like the snow and sub-zero temperatures because I get to dress like some kind of viking assassin.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Esotera said:
Where I live we get around 200 days of rain a year thanks to being right at the base of a national park - all the clouds form & fall on us. On the bright side, this does mean that very occasionally the hills look entirely like Skyrim, so I suppose as long as it isn't too heavy rain I do like it.

I'm in a similar situation but in the northwest, right in the middle of a valley in the lake district, so all teh rain and shit gets stuck here.

Tis fine though, I like it, I like the snow and ice we get too.

TheRussian

May 8, 2011
A rainy day is automatically a good day for me. A perfect day involves a massive thunderstorm right over my town.

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
I love rainy days, they are the best ones to sleep in to. The best kind is waking up, seeing it's raining, realizing you have no imminent obligations and you go back to sleep to the soothing rhythm. Everything outside smells great too; hiking a trail right after rain is like entering a zen state (until you remember how out of shape you are). Those days are all too rare here.

I don't like thunderstorms anymore. Especially when they start just as I'm beginning my attempts to fall asleep for the night. These days thunderstorms make me feel incredibly aware of my mortality. I've been really freaked out about how real and final and scary death is the past few months, and I discovered that a brand new fear of thunderstorms has accompanied that. I've just been getting back to the status quo lately of ignoring the concept of death, but my unease in thunderstorms has yet to lessen. Last one kept me up for 2 hours or so after I'd intended to go to bed.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I call it gaming weather plus the sound of rain and thunder helps me sleep.

The only time I find it annoying is when I'm working outside.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
I like them as long it isn't so freaking hot and humid. A cold, rainy day is a great excuse for nerds like me to sit inside watching Netflix. Also, it's very nice to sleep to.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Copper Zen said:
I grew up in Galveston, Texas, where it's 95 F and 95% humidity nine months of the year. When the temperature hits the 50's and it gets overcast and rainy---THAT'S X-MAS WEATHER!!! As such cool rainy days always pep me up.

FalloutJack said:
I'm from Pittsburgh. Need I say more?
Please. Call me ignorant but I don't know what Pittsburgh's weather is reputedly like.
My family once spent Christmas in Galveston thinking we'd get a tan on Christmas Eve.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
IamQ said:
Keoul said:
No
you are not the only person of the 6 billion on the planet that likes rainy days.
Spinozaad said:
Yes, yes you are the only one.

Will you people PLEASE stop with this?! It's an expression. It's not meant to be taken literally for christs sake. Stop being douchebags about it.
Hey unless they decide to rephrase, comments like mine will always be there, even if I stop other people will carry on and point out how wrong that "expression" is, such is a fact of life. Not to mention it's a stupid expression.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Redingold said:
As a rule of thumb:

I really wish people would stop posting that comic. It takes a phrase that's clearly meant to be figurative and turns it literal for the sole purpose of being able to chastise them for using it. It's not clever, just pedantic and arrogant. It's like telling somebody who says "It's raining cats and dogs" "No it's not, only water is falling from the sky."

Xdeser2

Aug 11, 2012
Holy run-on sentence Batman!

I kid, I kid....

OT: Seeing as I've lived in Arizona for all the 17 years I've lived, yes, rain is amazing to me.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Give me a hat and a poncho, and I could spend all day in the rain. Actually, just let me leave my phone, iPod, and wallet indoors, and I'm good in it. Being soaked sucks, but changing into dry clothes feels amazing.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I like rainy days but I also like snowy days as well. Mainly because they bring overcast dreary skies and everything looks sadder and more depressed and I find sad/depressing things beautiful.

Plus, it also means I have an excuse to not go outside which is always a good thing.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
That depends in what context.

I grew up in one of the stormiest places on Earth and the stormiest state in the US. During that time I went through several hurricanes. I like the rain when I can look out at it from a warm shelter.

Unfortunately, where I work, Bavaria, it tends to rain a lot in the winter. Sometimes, I work outdoors for literally days on end. Waking up in the rain after going to sleep in the rain and trying to decide if I should wear the drenched jacket or the soaked one really turns one off from the rain.

BishopofAges

Sep 15, 2010
OT: I love rainy days, if its still day out and its raining with little wind, I will walk around in it. If it is night, I love hearing it spatter on my house while watching movies or reading stories.

Off-topic: I don't like thread titles that are "Am I the only one who likes/hates X?" It is presumptuous to think that just because the people around you don't like something you like, that it somehow means you are unique and special enough to like it. It also doesn't mean you are some sort of outcast for liking or hating something, and it would mean a hell of a lot more if you worded your topics with something like "Rain: Love it or Hate it?" or "Sweet Jesus I love rain"

/endrant

Wolf In A Bear Suit

Jun 2, 2012
Rains all summer in Ireland so I wouldn't say I like walking around in it but I love playing sports in it when it doesn't matter how wet I get

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
When I´m indoors, i love rainy days. When I´m outside...well, depends on what clothes I´m wearing, and how much rain is being poured down. But yeah, mostly, it`s good fun, and relaxing.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
Redingold said:
As a rule of thumb:

As for me, I don't like rainy days, but then I don't like weather in general. Your poll, however, clearly shows that this was a silly question.
Ugh, it's just a figure of speech. You people remind of robots being confused by illogical human concepts like paradoxes.

Anyway, I like rain. I live in New Mexico so it only comes around once every few months. That's not an exaggeration, by the way.

Acton Hank

Nov 19, 2009
I love rainy days, there's just something I find relaxing about the look and sound of raindrops hitting the ground, it's just so soothing, I guess I'm just weird like that.

bafrali

Mar 6, 2012
Hell yeah. Who doesn't? Sadly sun still rears its ugly head nowadays even though it is fall.