Poll: am I the only one who likes rainy days?

el derpenburgo

Jan 7, 2012
I remember hating rainy days as a kid, but then my mum said something pretty cool and I started to prefer them over sunny ones. She called the rain "romantic".

Blue Jay

May 13, 2012
Being inside with the rain pouring down outside and just listening to it can sometimes be just what I need.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
No, not on average
It is too cold most of the time to be able to say that i like rainy days

A gentle shower in the summer sun i will not object to

Voxgizer

Jan 12, 2011
I'm from Florida where rain is part of my natural habitat. I love rain but nothing beats a good thunderstorm or torrential downpour.

I feel that it's very relaxing, almost cleansing in a way. Feels good. It helps that it also dampens the sun, which almost gives me an instant headache thanks to overly sensitive eyes.

Alaster Angelo

Jul 12, 2010
I only like rainy weather if I'm inside. I love the pitter-patter of rain drops against my roof and I love the way the sky is outside my window.

I absolutely hate the rain if I actually have to deal with it, though. It messes up my hair regardless of if I used an umbrella or not, it's a pain to drive in, and I've had several art projects ruined because of a surprise shower.

gravian

Sep 8, 2011
Yeah, I like it when its nice and cozy inside and you see and hear the patter of rain on the windows. Feels good when your having a cup of tea.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
The existence of this website is a hint, I think.
http://www.rainymood.com/
Have had it on all day, relatively relaxing.

loudmadman

Nov 22, 2011
I enjoy my rainy days immensely, more so if a good thunderstorm is about too.

But hail and the humidity weather that can sometimes come with it? No thanks.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
I love rain, it's so exciting and is such an amazing thing to think about. Sunny days are often a bit plain whereas rain stirs everything up and surrounds everything with motion. The best thing is where you've got somewhere to go and it's raining but you don't need to worry about getting wet, you can walk through the rain and enjoy it (Whereas just being outside for no reason on a rainy day doesn#t always feel cool) and you're making progress so it's a bit of a challenge

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I like listening to the rain pattering on the roof, and it can be fun going for a jog in the rain provided I can have a warm shower and dry myself off once I've done my lap of the block. I'm not too thrilled about getting caught in the rain on my way to somewhere and having to spend the rest of the day in wet clothes though. Stepping in deep puddles can be a pain in the dick as well, and is pretty much unavoidable on very wet days due to the terrain between my house and the train station. Not hugely fond of having to squelch my way around uni.

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
Rain, rain, rain. I actually DON'T like the heat and I am not really FOND of the sunshine.

Give me overcast gray any day. That rhymed.

A thunderstorm is one of the few things that can help me fall asleep. Another thing is smooth jazz.

Xeraxis

Aug 7, 2011
Nope. I love rain so much. I always look forward to overcast/rainy days and often go on walks when it drizzles or becomes steady but not too hard. Whenever I hear it, it calms me and when I feel it, the rain makes me feel refreshed in a way I can't exactly explain (not to the point where my clothes are soaked though).

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I like rainy days, but only if thunder and lightning are involved. If there's going to be rain than at least make it a little interesting with some sparks in the sky.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
I like it cold and rainy makes sitting in with a warm drink that much better.