Poll: An Experiment of Sorts: What Would you do?

Gh0st1y_H

Jan 11, 2010
I have an experiment I need to finish, so let's try keep the responses as reasonable as possible.

Here is the situation: Your father is conducting a very important business meeting on the upper floor of your two-story house. It is late at night, and it seems that the meeting is starting to get somewhat "tense." (Tense, as in people are starting to raise their voices. Nothing violent, but it seems that business has come to a stand-still and things aren't as diplomatic as they should be.)

You're in the living room. The meeting is being held in the room directly above yours. You're watching TV, relaxing and trying to stay out of your father's business.

Unfortunately, a large light in the kitchen has went out. The kitchen is located next to the stairs, right next to the living room. The light is so high up that you have to get a step ladder to get to it. The only step ladder is, of course, located in the meeting room.

As you go up the stairs to the meeting room, you overhear your father and his associates becoming incredibly vocal and crude. Tension has clearly thickened. You remember that there are a bunch of sturdy objects that you could stand on in order to replace the bulb. You also recall seeing a bunch of generic candles in a box labeled "EMERGENCY."

What do you do?

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
screw the light bulb, I'll continue to watch TV, or any other activities im doing.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
Um, I'd look for an object that's sturdy and tall enough to stand on, so I can reach the bulb.

If not, then I'd just lightly knock on the door to the meeting, walk in, grab the step ladder, walk out, and shut the door. Easy as that.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
My father is a grown man and can handle his business himself. To think otherwise would be rude.

I wouldn't care about a lightbulb at all, since i always watch TV in the dark to keep the electricity bill low.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Walk in and grab the ladder, and if no one has gone silent (I'm 21, so I don't feel the need to protect my father, but would feel the need to make everyone silent). As walking out, shake head and say rather loudly "Like a bunch of thirteen year old girls at a fucking Justa Beaver concert..."

Gh0st1y_H

Jan 11, 2010
Just for the sake of saying so, make sure to check up on this thread if you responded to this one or the other one. I've got a small list of consequences for most responses you'll be giving, so if you want to see how everything turns out, feel free to come back.

Sliverwings

May 1, 2010
I'd just casually walk in, rocking the rainbow boxers, and grab the stepstool and yell. "It is two in the fucking the morning and we're out of coffee, keep yelling and I'm going to get even more pissed off. Now you either shut the hell up or get the hell out, people are trying to sleep."

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
Grab a sturdy (but wieldable) object, donkey kick the door open (aiming for the side where the doorknob is, of course), and get ready to defend my father. In this scenario, I'm going to pretend my father isn't a pretentious dou-...uh...dad, and imagine that he'd be pretty impressed and pleased that his daughter was willing to bash some heads in case his office workers turned out to be...I don't know...sparkly vampires, or something.

"But if they're sparkly vampires, won't they be stronger than y-"

No. They're one-dimensional characters. I'm going to bash their heads in. Go Team Me. End of story.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
nothing. i like watching things in the dark. I'd most likely get another object over going into the meeting.

Nietz

Dec 1, 2009
At first I wanted to do nothing. Why would I change a light bulb in the middle of the night? Why is this so important that it can't wait until the meeting is over? Or until morning?

I choose "Get the stepladder and interrupt the meeting to tell your father what happened." Because a) it seems like the most direct solution to this problem and b) my father is not an intimidating man, and could use some back-up.

Shoqiyqa

Mar 31, 2009
Really not concerned about light bulbs in kitchen, so probably wouldn't bother about it.

However, if a business meeting involving my father is getting violent I feel the need to interrupt things.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
Paksenarrion said:
Grab a sturdy (but wieldable) object, donkey kick the door open (aiming for the side where the doorknob is, of course), and get ready to defend my father. In this scenario, I'm going to pretend my father isn't a pretentious dou-...uh...dad, and imagine that he'd be pretty impressed and pleased that his daughter was willing to bash some heads in case his office workers turned out to be...I don't know...sparkly vampires, or something.

"But if they're sparkly vampires, won't they be stronger than y-"

No. They're one-dimensional characters. I'm going to bash their heads in. Go Team Me. End of story.

i believe this is a /thread post

OT: i would likely just return to whatever i was doing before hand as i much prefer the darkness

olendvcook

Aug 14, 2009
I'm 6'4" tall I don't think i need a stool but pretending I'm shorter i would just use the candles

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
I would grab my katana from uder the bed, open the door, and scream "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON, I MEAN JESUS CHRIST I THOUGHT I WAS OVERLY VIOLENT, CALM DOWN YOU DICKS"