Poll: An Experiment of Sorts: What Would you do?

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
Get teh step ladder, make a mild interupption. The interuption should defeat the tension and the voices should be lower when I leave meaning I could continue watch TV/playing video games undisturbed.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
Why do I need the light on anyway? I guess I'd just ignore it, or get something else to stand on. I wouldn't interrupt my dad - he can handle it himself. I'm not interested in helping relieve the tension or getting involved.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Can't I just sit in the dark? I find it much more peaceful that way. I am in my room in the dark right now. Why do I need a light on. I can see the screen.

David Bray

Jan 8, 2010
Go in there, beat the crap out of the people fighting my dad, take the stepladder, replace the bulb, and suggest to my dad that a meeting room/office is not the place to hold everyday tools

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I wouldn't do a thing. I would continue watching the television or if that's not possible, I would go out and find something to do.

bam13302

Dec 8, 2009
get the lightbulb out and put it on the table, wait for the meeting to be over, or at least calm down, before retrieveing the ladder

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
I hit other and I would proceed as follows:

Knock on the door. Once they acknowledge my presence and allow me in, I'd grab the ladder with a "Just gotta grab this, gents". Fix the light, then set the ladder next to the door to the room and go back to watching TV until business is concluded.

Gh0st1y_H

Jan 11, 2010
Still looking for responses. Quite a couple people with deadly weapons available.

And a couple of assholes.

There are also more votes than there are actual responses. Don't be afraid to just say something to keep the thread going.

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
I would grab a gun or a knife and help my dad, of course. No sense in letting my father be murdered while I sit downstairs in the dark.

Or, if you prefer me to pick something in the parameters of being a little cocksuck, I suppose I choose the one titled "Try to find something else to climb on. There's a bunch of useless, sturdy junk in there."

EDIT: Actually, define "somewhat violent." Do you mean I hear struggling or threats? Violence typically means physical confrontation, so I need to be certain that this is what you mean before I go grab a glock.

Gh0st1y_H

Jan 11, 2010
GreyWolf257 said:
I would grab a gun or a knife and help my dad, of course. No sense in letting my father be murdered while I sit downstairs in the dark.

Or, if you prefer me to pick something in the parameters of being a little cocksuck, I suppose I choose the one titled "Try to find something else to climb on. There's a bunch of useless, sturdy junk in there."
In all seriousness, they're just yelling. Relations just aren't getting anywhere.

No sticks or stones, only names. (Which, apparently, never hurt them.)

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
My mom dated a drug dealer for a few years, I've learned that a light bulb is not worth taking whatever hearing what they're doing will give me.

And it's a light bulb. I'm 6'2", if it's so high that I can't reach it with a chair then I'm assuming two things. One: We came into enough money to afford this somehow so it probably involves something illegal because there's not a chance in hell my mother (it's the parent I live with) was able to make that kind of money doing hair. Two: I'm not going to care enough about the light bulb to try and find a way to get up to it. I'll just stay on my ass and watch TV, it's not like I'm lacking light with the television on.

GreyWolf257

Oct 1, 2009
Gh0st1y_H said:
GreyWolf257 said:

In all seriousness, they're just yelling. Relations just aren't getting anywhere.

No sticks or stones, only names. (Which, apparently, never hurt them.)
In that case, prepare for the worst and expect the best. I wouldn't barge up there for just that, but if it continued, I would have to prepare myself as best as I could. My father and I actually have an agreement: "If shit goes down, I'll come for you. If shit goes down, you'll come for me." Anyway, I would do the second thing I stated, then.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Other.

I would go into the meeting and try to calm everyone down. I know it would most likely end badly but rage really does no one good. I also like being the voice of reason.

Chefodeath

Dec 31, 2009
Dude, even if the stepladder was right next to me, I'd probably say "screw it, I'll do it in the morning."

Saargston

Feb 17, 2010
I'd walk in, pick up the ladder, and on my way out, loudly say

"Geez. You guys should calm down. It sounds like someone's head is about to attend a board meeting."

It would probably be my head, but I wouldn't be able to resist.