Poll: And now for my review of Yahtzee's reviews.....

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Comedic exaggeration and a highly negative bias is pretty much what you come and stay for as far as ZP goes.

His points are usually somewhat valid criticisms, but blown way out of proportion and the review only focused on the negative aspects of the game. He'll predictably kill all your darlings, usually forego any objective assessment of the of the total product, and deliver it all through his "Yahtzee" personality and its quirks, but that's just his style, and it's known well enough by now that it's what anyone watching should be there for.

Plenty of other styles and review types to be found elsewhere, and none of them are really forced on any of us.

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
OintmentFly said:
I fully intend to keep watching his work, I like his style and 9 times out of 10 I agree with him. In fact, this was a little exercise to emulate it. Can't you tell? Nor am I angry, geez. Perhaps, it being a forum and all, the rib digging is a little hard to pick up on, but I thought most on the internet were savvy to this sort of thing. The whole chat vignette there at the bottom was supposed to point out the superflous nature of it. Not to mention I said many times I didn't have a problem with the guy, just that his stuff isn't reviews, as it's presented. Have you guys got the point yet?

Thank you for reporting me, and of course you can answer the poll question. With a sentance like that you'd answer the last one.

And by the by, if you do end up reading this Yahtzee, I really will see you at trivia. I fully intend to have a laugh and a drink with you over this one, I hope you enjoy it.

You pretentious, narcissistic whiny douchebag :p
Well that was a quick 180 when you realised no one was with you, sarcasm doesn't translate well in written form I assumed most people on the internet were savvy to this.
As has been said, his stuff is not presented as reviews. Your one and only point is moot. You deserve to be reported for trolling.

OintmentFly

Sep 16, 2010
@Aqua Ascension

Haha, I like it, thank-you. Finally someone see's it for what it is. Nice turn of phrase!

I'll check it out.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I have to say that your just trolling. Of course yahtzee bashes all the games, he's a comedian and people don't laugh at "oh that was a good game". But if you actually pay attention, you can tell if you will like the game based on what he bitches about. case in point: he whines about gears cuz it's generic, all shades of brown, and has too many chest high walls. I don't mind generic if it's well made, don't care for pretty rainbows in my shooters, and don't mind an oddly concentrated amount of chest high walls, therefore, i play the game. assasins creed, he said it was too repetitive, didn't like the speedkill system, and had an odd story device. I don't mind repetitive, like odd story devices, and approve of speedkill machanics, i loved the game. In his modern warfare 2 review, he bitches about the short play time of the campaign, the weak controversy, and the complete distruction of realism, and the horrible plot devices. He approved of the spec ops. He also complained about the need to be able to look in all directions not to die. Wow, these are exactly the things i despise in first person shooters, surprise, i hate modern warfare 2 campaign, and mildly enjoy spec ops. You cant ignore every game he says is bad, but if you look at why he thinks it's bad, you will have a pretty good clue about weather or not you will like the game.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
I love how he insults Yahtzee in a writing style similar to Yahtzee's (albeit shittier)

OintmentFly

Sep 16, 2010
AugustFall said:
OintmentFly said:
I fully intend to keep watching his work, I like his style and 9 times out of 10 I agree with him. In fact, this was a little exercise to emulate it. Can't you tell? Nor am I angry, geez. Perhaps, it being a forum and all, the rib digging is a little hard to pick up on, but I thought most on the internet were savvy to this sort of thing. The whole chat vignette there at the bottom was supposed to point out the superflous nature of it. Not to mention I said many times I didn't have a problem with the guy, just that his stuff isn't reviews, as it's presented. Have you guys got the point yet?

Thank you for reporting me, and of course you can answer the poll question. With a sentance like that you'd answer the last one.

And by the by, if you do end up reading this Yahtzee, I really will see you at trivia. I fully intend to have a laugh and a drink with you over this one, I hope you enjoy it.

You pretentious, narcissistic whiny douchebag :p
Well that was a quick 180 when you realised no one was with you, sarcasm doesn't translate well in written form I assumed most people on the internet were savvy to this.
As has been said, his stuff is not presented as reviews. Your one and only point is moot. You deserve to be reported for trolling.

....a quick 180? wow....

Kelthurin

Jun 18, 2009
It's comedy. Your nerdrage is irrelevant.

He(Yahtzee) will beat the crap out of any game regardless of whether they're good, or absolutely horrible.
Because that's what ZP is. It focuses on what is crap about a game, so he can talk really fast, swear a lot and make people laugh.

If you count on ZP exclusively to decide for you which games you're likely to enjoy and buy, then you are an idiot.

I really think you're the one that needs to get over himself, and stop trolling.

sirkai007

Apr 20, 2009
AugustFall said:
Wow, don't watch it if you don't like it. I find it hard to believe you could get this angry over free content or semantics.
What this guy said. No one forces you to watch them.

Arcticflame

Nov 7, 2006
Am I just a trolling moron, or do I have a point?
Yes
No
Maybe, but don't flame you dick
Uhh.. what am I replying to, trolling or point? This poll is a troll. Or is the troll not a troll, and the poll just a poll?
Poll: Is the Poll a troll poll, and the troll not a troll, or is the poll not a troll, but the troll a troll?
A) Troll
B) Poll
C) Shut up Arc.

Man I am so confused.

And I think ZP is very effective at what he does - Raises points in a way most reviewers could never hope to.

AdamG3691

Nov 18, 2009
in answer to your poll
yes you are a trolling moron
no you do not have a point
stop flaming you dick

have a nice day :)

AugustFall

May 5, 2009
OintmentFly said:
....a quick 180? wow....
Aside from the epic ellipsis, I am confused why this gets a "wow" from you. You went nerd rage to kissing his ass pretty quick. You know, as if you had done a complete 180, changed your opinions from pointing one way to the other way.

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
TheComedown said:
You'll notice that ZP is not actually found in the review section of the site, it's actually under featured content. Get over yourself dude, you're not the first person to rant on yahtzee and you're not going be the last, but NO ONE CARES.

His reviews are not meant to be taken seriously, you are supposed to take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

He has said it a few times himself in his reviews that its not really serious, and admits constantly he has unreasonably high standards.
This 1000 times.

It's been done before. Quit trolling.

http://api.ning.com/files/*j-AAk1iT9B06Cx6lh5Hk6MLU9Vrg1q8NkS72f4Kd2wTD4mFJ3cQSclBKwWGNk7ttJwJ-4RQWa4wJEqVF1XSyWcnm4YU4wYk/258Troll_spray.jpg

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
Actually, contrary to what you said he often refer's to himself as a games "Critic" (read: Someone who criticises games) rather than a reviewer. It's just his style to be as brutal as possible about it.