Poll: Anime Dubbed VS Subbed

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
I enjoy Subs most of the time.
(I seemed to forgot to mention that I will watch Dubs though)

I also enjoy not having to see Vs. Threads, for they are not allowed on this site.

BadAssPope

Nov 20, 2009
Subtitles all the way. I hate the way most American voice actors do their voice acting.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Subs all the way for me.

Though, it does seem that dubs are more popular with the general crowd these days.

xavierxenon

Aug 10, 2009
Both. Dubs arent all bad, its just the fucking weeaboos who contantly whine about them and don't even bother to give them a chance. For all we know the japanese voice acting could be considered bad but seeing as its not a language thats native to us we probably can't tell the difference.

Reboare

Apr 2, 2010
Subbed primarily but there are a few shows that I like watching dubbed. Ghost in the Shell is one but the only reason I watched it dubbed was because the subtitles were synced to the English audio and eventually it became too annoying to watch in Japanese.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Practically always sub. Most dubs are god awful. I only do dubs when I'm doing something else besides watching anime.

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
subbed but every once in a while I'll rewatch a show dubbed to see the difference
P.S. the early episodes of Death Note are actually pretty good dubbed, mostly because of L and his funny one-liners but Misa's voice is 10x more annoying in English.

Shockolate

Feb 27, 2010
Whatever I can get. If it's dubbed, I'll try that, it it's shit or there is no dub, I go with Subs. Whatever works.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
subs are good, i just wish i didn't have to rewind to see the video when the story would get complicated. sometimes i just get caught reading and miss something cool happening.

CheesusCrust

Sep 24, 2009
Subs, I cant stand american dubbed voices coming from anime characters. They also have a horrible tendency to mispronounce japanese names which annoys the crap out of me if i know they're wrong.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
subbed.

somebody put the dubbed death note in this thread.
i'm gonna take this potato chip....AND EAT IT!

K84

Feb 15, 2010
Back when i watched anime, mostly subbed.
I did not enjoy the recent moe/ninja/crap wave.

wolfy098

May 1, 2009
xavierxenon said:
Both. Dubs arent all bad, its just the fucking weeaboos who contantly whine about them and don't even bother to give them a chance. For all we know the japanese voice acting could be considered bad but seeing as its not a language thats native to us we probably can't tell the difference.
At least we don't have to go through the pain of knowing they're god damn awful!

Nancy Novotny
Mike MacRae
Angela Costain

are three names to look for if you want good dubs...

there are more but I truly can't be asked.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
rokkolpo said:
subbed.

somebody put the dubbed death note in this thread.
i'm gonna take this potato chip....AND EAT IT!
Ah, ninja'd again

OT: Subbed, as in general the voice acting in English is poor. As I don't know the language of Japanese, it's easier on the ear.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Both.

I like watching an Anime in Japanese.
and i do enjoy a great dub.

There are several Animes where i like the Dub more than the Sub.

Cowboy Bebop, The Big O, Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin, and Vandread just to name a few.

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
Both, but subtitles are generally better when it comes to voice acting... Especially when said anime as officially released in "The West". Unofficially released/fan dubbed can sometimes be okay, but I haven't watched enough to say for sure... And most of my fandubs are from Russia, so it's not something to judge against English dubs.