Poll: Any multi-instrumentalists with us on the escapist? + Best instrument ever! poll

Xodyac

Jul 10, 2010
Piano, classical vox, alto/tenor sax, clarinet, a bit of guitar & bass.
Piano is god tier. Guitar & bass are for kids who think they can write music by using endless I, iii, and V^7 chords. If you're gonna play a stringed instrument, play harpsichord, harp, violin, cello, or any other classical instrument.

Mr. Elemenopee

Jul 28, 2010
I love low brass instruments. I can play trombone, baritone, tuba proficiently. I can play the trumpet, but I'm so used to bass clef that it sometimes takes me a while to get into treble again. I can play the piano... almost enough to say that I do. I dabble in guitar with some chords and horrible singing accompaniment. Drums... um, I was in drumline playing bass drum and cymbals, but I'm still not confident with drums. And that's about it. I've tried wood winds, but it feels very weird after playing brass instruments so I didn't really go on with it.

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
I play the guitar, so I would have to say electric guitar is my favorite instrument.

But this guy http://www.diegostocco.com/ makes the coolest intruments.

This is a cool fucking instrument and some damn fine composing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhp6P9Ygsoc

SulfuricDonut

Feb 25, 2009
Lead guitar is definitely my strongest instrument, however I also play trombone in my school band, occasionally jam a little bass by myself, and I can play pretty epic recorder.

I also dabbled in piano for awhile, but my teacher moved away a long time ago and I lost most of my skill, and also play on my little brother's epic 14 drum set-up a little bit.

The87Italians

Jun 17, 2009
I've been playing violin for 10 years and guitar for a year. And that sweet sweet cowbell for 14 years.

I think the best instrument ever is the accoustic guitar. I like most electrics, but I've always been an accoustic man.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Piano, vocals, and a bit of French Horn on the side.

Piano is king, though, vocals being a runner up.

Samus Aaron

Apr 3, 2010
Um, hello, drums por favor?

I'm a percussionist. My specialty is Timpani, and I also play snare drum, bass drum, accessory percussion (like triangle or tambourine,) mallet instruments, and drumset.

darth gditch

Dark Gamer of the Sith
Jun 3, 2009
Teh Alto Sax, piano, and classical and pop vocalist.

Inspirations include Cannonball Adderly, Billy Joel, and Luciano Pavarotti

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Piano and recorder. I also used to play guitar and violin, but no longer. Maybe I'll pick them up again someday...

Rainforce

Apr 20, 2009
I think the line for defining if people can play an instrument or not is rather blurred, as cello , violin and viola are technically almost the same.
I can play keyboard, Accordion, electric guitar and ocarina.
(so I might as well be able to play flutes of all kinds and whatnot? Rather difficult to tell.)

Also I can play easily by ear and compose if Im in the mood.
(only my sheet reading skillZ are a bit rusty now)

EDIT: also, theres no "best instrument", it all depends on the mood you want to create.