Poll: Are girl gamers a nuisance?

quiet_samurai

Apr 24, 2009
I treat all gamers the same, especially online. If you're cool I'll be good to you, if you're a douche I won't.

It's not really gender, but age that will really affect they way I will treat people online, I won't tell a 10 year old whose being a whiner some of the things I would an adult.... or someone I percieve as an adult.

Chicago Ted

Jan 13, 2009
Depends on how they behave. Then again this is a rule for everyone. A girl acting cutsy and flirty is just as distracting in a game as a guy screaming his lungs out.

crypt-creature

May 12, 2009
EspirituExterminatus said:
Yes. Girl gamers are a pain in the ass. Either they whore it up for attention or they claim they do not want extra attention yet go to great lengths to ensure you know they are female anyway.
The world is better off without them.
Kind of like when guys claim how 'epic' or 'awesome' they are.
Either they do it for attention, and if you ask them to prove it they either weasel out of it or end up sucking.

ffanxii4ever

Mar 20, 2009
no more than male or hermaphrodite gamers are

In fact, in my experience, male gamers tend to be the largest nuisances online
For example, I've never had a female player go "BOOM HEADSHOT B****!!!!" and then proceeds to teabag me

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I put in my vote on depends on how they behave, hell i don't mind playing with anyone, so long as they aren't irritating or obnoxious in some unbearable way.

Chunko

Aug 2, 2009
SqueeFactor said:
I don't think so, let's clear that now.

It seems that when girls hop onto an online game, many of the responses from the male majority are sexist, rude, or tasteless. Then (so i've heard) they're flooded with friend requests because THERES A GURL ONLINE SHOOTING PPL OMFG SHE MUST BE HAWT. Why are girls subjected to that when they are there for the same reason guys are? Are video games really viewed as a 'guys only' activity? I for one love female gamers, and who shouldn't? They even out the playing field and lets face it, girl gamers are just plain freakin awesome. So why the hatred?

Side note: I am a guy. You may have caught that from my avatar over there. <-
For a whole bunch of reasons combined I think mics should be made illegal for online games, this is one of them.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I think all gamers are pretty annoying.

I'm just a regular guy who enjoys video games.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
SqueeFactor said:
I don't think so, let's clear that now.

It seems that when girls hop onto an online game, many of the responses from the male majority are sexist, rude, or tasteless. Then (so i've heard) they're flooded with friend requests because THERES A GURL ONLINE SHOOTING PPL OMFG SHE MUST BE HAWT. Why are girls subjected to that when they are there for the same reason guys are? Are video games really viewed as a 'guys only' activity? I for one love female gamers, and who shouldn't? They even out the playing field and lets face it, girl gamers are just plain freakin awesome. So why the hatred?

Side note: I am a guy. You may have caught that from my avatar over there. <-
Girl gamers aren't a nuisance, there should be more of them. Hang on, what am I saying, girl gamers are statistically majority of computer gamers already. It's easy to forget that sometimes.

It's the reactions of certain guys to girl gamers that is annoying. You average insulting dropkick is mildly irritating, but far worse are aging nerds who have this weird gender politics thing in their head that is all like "MEN but this big cyber-world and now women just come in and muscle in on our turf".

Pretending to be a girl online is something that I recommend all male gamers do at some point. If you can do it convincingly over a long enough period, you'll get a taste of what female gamers have to put up with online. The lameness coming from some of the guys is astounding enough to make your current XBL sessions look like a philosophy debate.

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
I acually got a girl gamer on my friends list, and she kicks some major ass on MW2, its really funny when the enemy team finds out that our top player was a 15 year old girl and they all just got schooled. This usually makes them rage quit or just throw out sexist nonsence, me an her just laugh in their face.

So no, girl gamers arent really all that different then guy gamers, except you know, they have a body (you all know what i mean). Othere than that theres really no difference.

dasUnbekannte

Dec 17, 2009
As a female gamer (mainly TF2 and every MMO ever) I can confidently say that half of them are the most annoying people ever.
The guys are A problem, but not THE problem. It's the fact that they're like, "HIHIHI GUYS, YEAH I'M A GIRL ... OMG WHY ARE YOU HITTING ON ME. YOU GUYS ARE SILLY AND THAT WAS UNEXPECTED"

Seconding whoever said that them having "girl/gurl/grrl" or any mutation of it in their name almost guarantees this archetype.

Ellivader

Sep 20, 2009
I'm fortunate that I'm from Northern England and have a deep-ish voice for a girl because I seem to pass easily for a pubecent boy. It's not helpful, though, when your clan mates/friends, in post-match rants at the other team, will sit there and gloat how they were bested by a girl. Bring on the abuse!

Don't play UNO on the Arcade with your avatar if you're a girl, though. The amount of 'r u single?' messages I got from playing it for an hour was just rediculous.

[EDIT] Voted 'depends on how they act', by the by.

Acristoff2

Dec 17, 2009
A common syndrome I find in "gamer girls" is that they aren't actual gamers, they are people trying to get attention in an easy manner from a crowd that is easy to please if you just say "haha that's so cute" they'll get massive erections. This is why there are more "gamer girls" into multiplayer games than singleplayer ones (even though in the end it depends on taste), in multiplayer games you can get attention from wave after wave of lovesick nerds.

Not saying every gamer out there is a lovesick nerd, but face it they make up a large amount of the guy population in gaming.

And thus I give you the ultimate solution to find out wether a girl is an attention whore or an actual gamer like us to be respected like us, get them to play a GOOD singleplayer game. An attention whore won't like it if she isn't getting attention whilst playing and a real gamer girl will either like it or find reasons as to why it doesn't match her tastes and interests.

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
Depends.

99% of them are fine, also some of the hottest chicks at my school are gamers. The annoying ones can be just as bad as the 12 year old screaming kids, same goes for guy gamers (aside from the hot part. lol)

*EDIT: woot post 300. SPARTA!!!

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
WanderFreak said:
"I'm a guy gamer, I have a wang, you want sex make now, WAAAAANG!"
I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but fall out my chair, laughing, after making a mental image of a person doing that XD

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I don't generally make a distinction, honestly. Gamers are just gamers to me. It's kind of a gender-neutral thing. Man, woman, somewhere in between, who cares? Just don't get me killed if we're on a team, and kindly stand still so I can kill you if we're not.

That said, when a buddy joins my XBL party for some Halo 3 and brings along his non-gaming girlfriend as guest, who proceeds to slaughter the team with accidental teamkills, poorly aimed grenades/rockets and general inexperience with handling a Warthog, I'll probably end up a little peeved.

Though truly, that's less to do with the fact that she's a girl and more to do with the fact that she doesn't know what she's doing.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
The majority based their views without prejudice, simply offering that it is up to the individual's behavior rather than gender. I'm so frikken proud of my fellow escapists! Not that I poo poo on anyone that voted otherwise, I just love that for pretty much every poll I've ever seen here, people have chosen to err on reason (the other one that comes immediately to mind was a poll about hitting women).

I don't give two rats what you've got going on downstairs, if you're being a nuisance, you're being a nuisance. Boobs &#8800; entitled to be a jackass to others. Other generic statement about equality...

smokeybearsb

Feb 2, 2009
I just tend to get really nervous around girl gamers cause they normally have this circle of friends who are really protective or it's just kinda awkward