Poll: Are high heels hot

Wolfenbarg

Terrible Person
Oct 18, 2010
I'm actually kind of surprised how many people are saying no. Then again, this is a forum dominated mostly by guys, so the "no, it's impractical" and missing the point (pun!) of the shoes in the first place seems kind of understandable. But oh well, I'll bite.

If the situation is casual and doesn't really call for much more than flats, then I don't see the point in wearing anything else. If it's an occasion to dress up slightly, then go for it, more power to you if you can pull it off. Just like any other style of dress, there's a time and place for it.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Not really, but they are useful. I'm ridiculously long, and it can get really weird when I kiss someone. High heels helps a little.

Tiny116

The Cheerful Pessimist
May 6, 2009
Not really...Unless they are Knee High..
Something about girls with good legs in Knee Highs drives me a little wild...

dcrane

Sep 8, 2010
High heels look great until they move = most women just don't know how to walk in them

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
The Hive Mind said:
Because for me they are not just not hot, but quite a bit of a turn off.
I'll answer this like I do most similar questions: it depends on who is wearing them.

Maybe it's just that I've never developed a clothing fetish, but I don't think any paticular style of clothing is in of itself appealing. It all depends on whomever is wearing it being able to carry off the look. You can for example dress one girl in a "leather queen" dominatrix outfit and it will be smoking, and another girl who is also attractive in the same garb and she won't be able to carry it off. The clothing in of itself doesn't amount to much. The same could be used from anything to businesswear, to uniforms, to pseudo-schoolgirl outfits, to various evening gowns and ballroom dresses.

High Heels are a look that works for some girls, and doesn't for others. Some girls look better a couple inches higher off the ground, others look pathetic, and it's not a matter of their initial height either. Looked at from a purely leg perspective I think the shape of the foot and ankle can have a lot to do with it as well.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Not for me, I find them actually a turn off. High heels seem to be popular among cougars and they do nothing but remind me of old women.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Yes. I bet that even if traditional high heels don't do it for you, you'd still like a nice high heeled leather boot if it's worn well (I'm totally wearing these atm btw). What heels do is emphasize the ass, mostly, but they also encourage a sexier posture and more feminine pose.

Sleepingzombie

Dec 7, 2009
Its seems there arent that many options for fancy female footwear but I think you could have the woman suit-shoes (the one that guys have to their black suits,leather shoes,flat. . something like that). Anyway I just have a . . (cant find word) kavaj(like jacket but fancy) if i must, so I argue you can bend the rules.

Anyway more otions for footwear!!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
You know what I'm neutral. Not a turn off but not a turn on. Girls, if you want to wear them, go for it but don't wear them if you think its going to impress me. I do have unique tastes but high heels doesn't factor into the equation.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
I think so then again femininity in general is a good thing to me. God I can`t even remember the last time I saw a girl in a dress for god sakes.

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
depends on the girl aand the legs,
lived in lebanon, there girls pretty much wear them from middle school onwards

Mistermixmaster

Aug 4, 2009
TaboriHK said:
Depends on the girl, depends on the shoes, depends on the situation.
Darnit, ninja'd...

However, I don't get it when women CHOOSE to wear high heels (when it would have been perfectly fine if they didn't), and then later complain that their feet hurt... That's like me taking a hammer and hitting my head, then saying "ouch, hitting myself with a hammer seems to hurt". Also, I've heard that high heels can mess up the tarsals (a bone near the ankle) if used for some time. (Don't quote me on it though).

Limie

Feb 18, 2010
BlackandBlueMage said:
i just cant stop thinking about how uncomfortable they look for the wearer. i'm like, those look pretty nice, but GOD imagine the foot pain when they take it off!
Too right they hurt when you take them off. I wore a pair for a night out (the only time I ever wear heals) and felt fine until I took them off and the skin came off with them-I bet that's a turn off. Anyway most women wear heals partly due to social stigma but also because of their own self esteem issues. They wear them because they think they look better and more attractive to the opposite sex.