Poll: Are We Entitled?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
If it was blown up then there aren't a lot of valuable assets there. Also did it ever cross your mind that the ten year old in the middle of a hostile alien invasion, you know, panicked and just tried to hide from the zombies that were trying to kill everyone?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Zeel said:
Why was he running through VENTS? He was near Alliance HQ. Head to the motherfucking HQ!!! Common sense.
He was hiding in a vent because the building he was in just got laser-ed by a Reaper. You see it happen about 10 second before you find him.

Not to mention the husks running around. If I was a kid I'd probably hide from them too.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Zeel said:
Interesting cope method. Reapers are blowing everything to bits so instead of looking for help i'm going to run around like a god damn fool and hide in the vents? Again, I didn't weep at his death. Anyone so stupid to play around in vents during A MASSIVE INVASION deserves death. Reapers were doing humanity a favour with that.

and when my Shepard offered help (Not my decision) he decides to RETURN to the vents? Booo.
He is a kid.

They're not the most rational of creatures at the best of times. How level-headed do you expect a ten year old to be when giant space cuttlefish are falling out of the sky and swarms of robo-zombies are running around?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Zeel said:
Zhukov said:
Zeel said:
Interesting cope method. Reapers are blowing everything to bits so instead of looking for help i'm going to run around like a god damn fool and hide in the vents? Again, I didn't weep at his death. Anyone so stupid to play around in vents during A MASSIVE INVASION deserves death. Reapers were doing humanity a favour with that.

and when my Shepard offered help (Not my decision) he decides to RETURN to the vents? Booo.
He is a kid.

They're not the most rational of creatures at the best of times. How level-headed do you expect a ten year old to be when giant space cuttlefish are falling out of the sky and swarms of robo-zombies are running around?
I'm sure that whole suvival instict kicks in EVENTUALLY.
Survival instinct, you say? Hmm... like, say, hiding?

Oh wait.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Yes, trust the total stranger when shit is getting blown to kingdom come, even if he's the man who was on the news the other day for killing 300,000 people, don't go into the vents where the zombies are clearly not. Seriously our education system is crap, kids need to learn that a single man can keep you totally safe from armies of zombies and genocidal robots, even while he was panicking because those husks you killed seconds before were probably his parents or had killed his parents. What kid wouldn't panic?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Zeel said:
Zhukov said:
Zeel said:
Zhukov said:
Zeel said:

He is a kid.

I'm sure that whole suvival instict kicks in EVENTUALLY.
Survival instinct, hmm... like, say, hiding?

Oh wait.
Hiding in a building that was just hit with a laser and has a bunch of husks roaming about it.

you can't be serious. Why didn't he hide near the fucking HQ. Oh wait, shepard had to talk to him for the emotional strings to twang.
You mean the HQ that just got hit by a giant laser?

Yup, that's clearly a place that just screams, "safety!"

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Zeel said:
Zhukov said:

Atleast you know soldier are around the HQ. All thats around that random building is god damn husks. How did he GET there anyways? What is he zipping through some crazy ass tubes like some sort of modern day Mario?
Since the reapers only turned up a few minutes earlier, he was presumably already in the building where you find him.

Reaper show up. Husks show up. Kid hides in vent. This not a hard series of events to follow.

Anyway, I'm done here. One should not bother arguing with the crazy [http://xkingxzeel.blogspot.com.au/?zx=35a35aa22ca72fc2].

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Zhukov said:
Zeel said:
Zhukov said:

Atleast you know soldier are around the HQ. All thats around that random building is god damn husks. How did he GET there anyways? What is he zipping through some crazy ass tubes like some sort of modern day Mario?
Since the reapers only turned up a few minutes earlier, he was presumably already in the building where you find him.

Reaper show up. Husks show up. Kid hides in vent. This not a hard series of events to follow.

Anyway, I'm done here. One should not bother arguing with the crazy [http://xkingxzeel.blogspot.com.au/?zx=35a35aa22ca72fc2].
Guys guys guys, this is the same universe that a hundred or so years in the future, still uses normal glass in their windows. Not even tempered or strengthed glass, but normal everday, gets shattered by a simple gust of wind glass on their buildings and space ships. Nobody in this universe is very smart.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Zeel said:
We saw him run into the building. From where, I dont even know.

5 minutes ago he was ontop of some building then he must of ridden a reaper to the next local.
We first see him on the roof of a building next to the HQ.

Then a few minutes later we find him hiding on the top floor of the same building.

Not complicated.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
Zhukov said:
Wait... I thought it is purposely ambiguous if the kid is even really there (at the vent scene or at all). Logic doesn't necessarily even need to apply to maybe-ghost children.

(Edit: OR I'm an idiot. Also possible)

SillyBear

May 10, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
You deserve better if you vote with your wallet. Its still your choice whether you buy the games or not.

As far as I am concerned the moment you buy ME3 (for example) and the DLC despite bitching about EAs business practices on these forums all the time, you need to shut the fuck up. Dont like it? Buy The Witcher 2 instead.
This person nailed it.

You have to realise that crying and complaining doesn't change anything. The only thing that will change the way people do business is to take away their lifeblood. When we were dealing with SOPA, that was about generating awarness and not voting or supporting anyone who agreed with it. When we are talking about an entertainment company like EA, we have to threaten not to buy their games.

EA won't give a toss if every second nerd on the internet gets angry. They will only change their behaviour when they think their profit will be threatened by their poor decisions.

And at the moment, I don't think EA are worried about that at all. I wouldn't be either.

Most of the uproar on the internet has been largely harmless. The overwhelming majority of complainers are going to buy the game and the DLC anyway.

If you don't like what a business is doing, don't support them. Simple. If everyone who complained about the DLC simply didn't buy it - the problem would be solved.

As for me, I haven't complained about the DLC because I:

A - Don't see the problem with it.

and

B - I am going to buy it anyway.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
You would trust this guy without a second thought Zeel?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-B4t6j0T4SWU/Tz7ma-CVIeI/AAAAAAAAADQ/60UaymLCSHE/s1600/shepardrapeface.jpg

Yeah, Shepard had a pistol, somehow I think that if he slipped up for even a second the kid would get torn to shreds or have his face blown off. Also, the events of Arriaval would have made big news, I learned about 9/11 when I was eight, the kid would have been able to learn about this, especially considering that war could spring from it. Also, what do you nail into the mind of every little kid? Stranger Danger. As in, do go into cars with people like that! Also, he's a little kid and he's scared, are you really expecting him to bethinking rationally?