Poll: Are you a compulsive reloader?

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
All the time.

I reload after every round fired, every enemy killed, every bullet wasted.

Really, even when I'm sure the enemies are still there, nothing is worse than a FAMAS with no bullets and a secondary Strela, so I reload.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
I reload after every engagement. Not kill, necessarily, but every time the shooting stops or i get a break, i change mags. Whether it's in a video game or paintball, it makes no difference.

As a side note, if you're like a lot of people who reload and then get shot because of it, you should try paintball or airsoft. You will never reload at an inopportune time or without covering fire again.

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
I generally do it right after a kill.

This gets me into trouble when there's more than one enemy around, because then I'm reloading while the second guy nails me.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
After every confrontation. If I can't see anyone, I reload. It's saved my life many times. Especially when playing Demoman in TF2, and you only have 4 shots to begin with.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
I'll admit that I can be. I don't like the clip in the magazine to go down to half way ever. I don't know why but I just like having the gun I'm using in the game to be fully reloaded.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Oh, hell yeah. I'm the same with reloading as I am with having the full amount of anything IRL to the best of my ability. Anything around half-full for a clip in a gun IG, and I just can't let it go without clicking "r", or "x" (computer vs. console).

I'll even let off a full round if my amount is an odd number just to pick up ammo on the ground to make it an even number again. Weird like that..

Bomberman4000

Jun 23, 2010
After every kill, I reload. If I somehow forget and I know I'm about to come up on a fight, reload. I don't have good enough aim to not have every bullet possible at my disposal.

e2density

Dec 25, 2009
I used to have this issue, but after about a year or two of FPS I began to lose this habit, I just naturally know when to reload now.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
Yes, and the only reason it's a problem is because every time I reload after firing two shots out of a pistol (or whatever) I always get the feeling that I'm going to throw away all those bullets left in that gun just so I can have a full clip for the next encounter.

Of course, it never happens. That'd be one tremendously irritating concession to realism, make no mistake. Even so, every time I reload those two bullets, I can't help but feel a little... childish.

liquidangry

Feb 18, 2011
I've got a pretty bad problem with this too. Just years and years of conditioning telling me that whenever theres a chance to reload I do it. Sometimes I pay for it, sometimes it really was that one bullet that was the kill shot.

It also really irks me when I watch a video or over the shoulder of someone and they don't do it.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Yeah; I've been training myself to only reload when I run low on ammo in a mag and I'm sure it's safe.
E.g: If I've got 8/9 shells in my shotgun, I'm not pressing R until it reaches 2 shells.

dogmachines

Mar 24, 2009
It depends on the game. In a game like Red Orchestra, you don't want to pop a fresh mag in after every kill. In Black Ops or Reach, it's a very good idea to keep a full magazine loaded at all times.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
I used to reload after every kill. I got over that a while ago as it wasn't doing me any favors. Now if only my brothers could learn to do the same.

spartan773

Nov 18, 2009
Yes. i always reload before fighting necromorphs. plasma cutter, javelin gun, line gun, i reload them all. don't want to be caught with a half-full plasma cell.

fletch_talon

Nov 6, 2008
I got severely confused by this.
I was wondering why people were reloading after killing an enemy...

Then I figured out that it was about ammo, not save games.

No I don't think I compulsively reload (though I don't play many FPS that involve reloading, so I can't be sure). It can be a bugger when I forget to reload at convenient times, I end up getting the shit kicked out of me while I throw some bullets into my gun.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
I made this exact same thread about 8 months ago, but yes constantyl.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
Yes I do. Because you never know how many people are going to be around the corner, and if your going to use burst fire or good ole, shoot until nothing is left.