Poll: Are you a geek, nerd, both, neither?

tetron

Dec 9, 2009
I'd say I feel like I'm more of a geek than a nerd and I'm damn proud of it

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
I'd say a geek. I dabble in a lot of things so I never really focus on one thing that makes me a nerd really

Brightzide

Nov 22, 2009
Well , I dunno, Do their definitions still require they be intellectual? In that case, Im neither. Does it require they be rather good at use of computers and technology?...nope, definately not a nerd or geek under those parameters. I get shouted at in streets being called an Emo by Chavs, Chavas , Scallies, whatever you like to call them...my favorite is ''Scum'' , I dont think I am, but bah! Whatever the massess wanna believe. Doesnt affect me either way. I'm...'Happy' :)

Starkey The Pirate

May 18, 2009
I can't say I'm a nerd as much as an enthusiast. I love video games and some mangas/animes but its not my main focus. Cuz it seems like geeks/nerds are defined through both their level of devotion/obsession with certain genres of entertainment.

I don't say that with the intention of looking down upon geeks/nerds. I've got tons of friends who consider themselves such things, and I love em to death regardless. I'm into a lot of stuff and gaming and whatnot is one of those things.

katsa5

Aug 10, 2009
Normally I'm a 'artsy freak'; dressed in dark colored-whatevers with a sketchbook always in hand. But mayhaps due to nonconformity (which the nature of changes all the time, as far as the world is concerned) and computer skills, I could be classified as a Geek. No nerd here, with my 3.0 GPA and love for socializing. *shrug*

Parallel Streaks

Jan 16, 2008
Neither, I've been called a musical geek before, but that's about it. I'm average with computers, generally my only knowledge with computers is that turning it off and on again works sometimes. My IQ is a bit above average, but I'm also good with small-talk, you have to be to be in my friend circle.

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
I've been told I'm a geek, though some people have yelled nerd across the room, etc. I call these people 'twats'. :) Generally though, I'm more than happy to be a geek. It's all good, especially if you're willing to poke fun at yourself :)

Supreme Unleaded

Aug 3, 2009
I al myself a nerd but acording to thta definition i dont fit into it. Why, because i acually do have rather good social skills even though i have an above avarage IQ. I don't wear pocket protectors with pens and pencils always in it.

However i do ALWAYS keep a pencil, and a quorter on me.

The pencil for obvios reasons.

The quorter for if i cant decide between two things i use a flip of the coin.

God's Clown

Aug 8, 2008
I am the lucid dream.
The monster in your nightmares.
The fiend of a thousand faces.
Cower before my true form.
BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOD OF DEATH!

That is what I am. If that doesn't answer the question I don't know what will.

Zildjin81

Feb 7, 2009
Miki91 said:
Zildjin81 said:
Miki91 said:
I'm not a nerd cause I'm not smart like Bill Gates or Albert Einstein, and I'm not a geek cause I don't wear pointy ears to sci-fi conventions (never been to one).

I guess I'm, uhm, a gamer? No idea, never tried to "class" myself before.
Do you play video games more than casually?
Can you tell the difference between a CPU and a GPU?
Do you read/watch anime/manga?
Do you have extensive knowledge of anything technical?

If the answer is yes to any of those then you're probably a geek.
Ok, I'm a geek then^^. Oh well, I hear people think geeky girls are hot anyway, so I'm good with it.
Be proud, carry the title "geek" with honor!

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
I'm a nerd. I'd say I'm pretty smart but I'm extremely lazy and just do everything half assed or at the last minute.

MorsePacific

Nov 5, 2008
I'd say I'm both, although I don't have issues with small-talk like the OP's definition says.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Well I don't really enjoy being summarised as one word though I guess I'm a bit geekish.