Poll: Are you a music-addict?

Aunel

May 9, 2008
when going to school in the breaks at school, always listening faithfully to my music.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Yes I am. But I only noticed when my dad took my computer (with all my music on it) away from me, while my MP3-player was empty (which can only be recharged on my computer). The silence...good gods, I never imagined that I'd miss music so much. After that incident I pretty much accepted the fact that I am indeed a music addict. *puts Muse on*

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
90% of the times I leave the house I have my iPod with me, and about half the time I'm on my PC I have some music on. Does that qualify me as one?

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
I just put in four new albums into my iPod. I listen to my iPod on the bus, train, walking to a friend's house, waiting for public transport, when I play games, right before I go to sleep and for at least 10 minutes when I wake up.

So yeah, I'm pretty bad.

Dr. Wily III

Jul 27, 2009
Skeleon said:
Dr. Wily III said:
Yeah, I know weird but does that count?
I think it does.
Imagining the music is the substitute drug for your addiction. :)

Dude, buy a new mp3-player. I got a great one with 8 GB for just 20 Euros at an electronics discounter.
Thanks for the info, I will probably get one after I got rid of my Wii, because that thing sucked every cent out of my wallet. :\

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
I'm not particularly addicted. I listen to my music, and I like it, but I don't have it blaring at all times. only when I'm studying (a rare occasion), or with friends who like the same music.

zerzxes

Apr 14, 2009
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
Nah, thats not that bad. I know people who listen to music while they sleep for some reason (don't ask).
I do that! why? i unno actualy i just can't sleep without... no seriusly i can't!

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
We'll.Let's see.I listen to music in school.At home.When i´m sleeping.So yeah i am addicted to music.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
I lost my iPod once and almost died. I actually felt like I was losing my mind. So yeah I'd say im addicted.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I don't go out my way to listen to music, it's not something I think I need or want.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
A few years ago (when I was 15ish) I was scared to death of silence. I couldn't stand it, it freaked me out, I didn't like the thought of being alone and vulnerable so I always needed music or people talking in the background when I was home alone.

Thankfully I've grown out of it. I still enjoy having music playing though. Wish I didn't, I'm not the kind of guy that has a million song on my computer, so the ones I have wear out too fast, and there is nothing sadder than wearing out an excellent song :(

Also a little worried about my hearing. It's been slightly damaged by other stuff so I really don't want damage it more. Too often I catch myself with too high volume for no reason at all :-/

daz_O_O

Click me I'm here!
Aug 27, 2008
I somehow managed to listen to over 900 songs (no joke intended) in the space of a week during the holiday. I have a £110 pair of in-ear earphones and about 300 albums encoded in Apple Lossless on my iPod.
I'd say that qualifies as an obsession that boarders on addiction when I have the time to indulge. But I'd never consider it a problem - I LOVE my music! <3

As an aside I personally can't stand it when people are talking to me with one earphone in, what am I not interesting enough for you?? HHMMM?? It's not like you can really focus on your music like that anyway.

UpcountryGecko

Oct 19, 2008
If I had more money I would definately be an audiophile but right now 10000 plus songs and £65 headphones is the best I can have on a 17 year olds salary.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Is the sky blue? Yes, I'm addicted. Music is my life. And part of being a great musician is the ability to love music. And I love it definitely.

ScarlettRage

May 13, 2009
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
Nah, thats not that bad. I know people who listen to music while they sleep for some reason (don't ask).
i do it haha.
but thats mainly by accident lol
i NEED my music.. life without it is very very bland.
i am also one of the few people at my school who has to take music based courses at school.

Mobung

Sep 12, 2009
I don't listen to music much. Music distracts me while I'm trying to concentrate, so I only listen to it while doing chores, and even then, it's mostly just so I'll have some accompaniment to my terrible singing.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I'm not in quite that deep but I was raised with a deep appreciation for music. As such I like pretty much all kinds of music.
So while I may not have my ears "plugged" while hanging out, I do always have music playing: at the office, in the car, walking around, at home, commuting....