Poll: Are you a student?

Antlers

Feb 23, 2008
Jack Sheehan said:
For the record, what is a Freshman/Sophmore? I'm doing my leaving cert, I suppose kind of like the SATs or the A levels, here in Ireland.
Hey I'm irish too. Just thought I'd point that out because I've never noticed anyone else being Irish on the forum before...

I'm in 3rd year electronic engineering. Exciting stuff.

John Galt

Dec 29, 2007
Darth Mobius said:
Bloomington, Indiana is home Indiana University, which has a HUGE Nuclear Physics department... As well as a Bomb Manufacturing facility about 10 miles outside of the city limits... Rumor has it they assemble Nukes there, too... I would miss my daughter, but how much simpler my life would get if only...
Why so many nuclear physics labs out in the Mid-West? It's just mindboggling! I never knew the course of study was that popular. Most of the literature I've been reading is sounding off on how there is a shortage of nuclear engineers. But the bomb manufacturing plant sounds nice:

"So, what'd you do at work today?"
"Oh nothin' much, just built enough weaponry to level a small city. 'bout you?"

Easykill

Sep 13, 2007
PurpleRain said:
Wow! I'm older then most people I expected to be older then myself. Singing Gremlin, Easy Kill, Anarchemist and John Galt. Kinda scary when you think about it. Anyway, I'm doing my 1st year of college, Film School.
I've noticed a similar trend, a whole lot of people I thought were older than me are the same age. I expected you'd be more than one year older than me actually. Happy four days till your birthday.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
PurpleRain said:
...Anarchemist...
Anarchemitis. It may be a silly name, but it's recognizable and no one would dare steal it. -Portmanteau of Anarchy and Archemitis.
pronounced "Ann-arr-k-emm-ee-tih-ss"

But I guess from the useless complexity of the name a slip up may occur, so I guess I don't blame you.

John Galt

Dec 29, 2007
Darth Mobius said:
As for why there are so many in the midwest... No offense, but the country wouldn't lose much if most of these places had an accident... Better nowhere Indiana than New York, Los Angeles, or any other heavy population center... And most of those places don't have many farms nearby either....
Oh, heaven help us if something happens to North Dakota! I guess that logic actually does make sense though. Best have the lab messing with atoms away from the cities, makes it harder for those sneaky Reds to get our bombs.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
College, animation program. Just got off a 3-year waiting list, so I'll have spent 5 years at a 2-year college. ^_^;

Epicurus

May 11, 2008
We call it University in Australia. I'm in first year Arts, Majoring in History and Philosophy at UTAS.

It does occur to me how little the number of job offerings are for those two subjects, haha.

Johnnyweird

May 7, 2008
Freshman, HS.
Glad to know there are people in these forums who defy the ignorant teenager stereotype.

Joeshie

Oct 9, 2007
One semester left to go til I get my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Illinois.

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Easykill said:
PurpleRain said:
Wow! I'm older then most people I expected to be older then myself. Singing Gremlin, Easy Kill, Anarchemist and John Galt. Kinda scary when you think about it. Anyway, I'm doing my 1st year of college, Film School.
I've noticed a similar trend, a whole lot of people I thought were older than me are the same age. I expected you'd be more than one year older than me actually. Happy four days till your birthday.
3 days now. Yay! I'm planning to go clubbing over the weekend with friends. Anyone on the forums from Brissy want in? Yahtzee's from Brisbane.

Anarchemitis said:
PurpleRain said:
...Anarchemist...
Anarchemitis. It may be a silly name, but it's recognizable and no one would dare steal it. -Portmanteau of Anarchy and Archemitis.
pronounced "Ann-arr-k-emm-ee-tih-ss"

But I guess from the useless complexity of the name a slip up may occur, so I guess I don't blame you.
Well sooOOoory Ann-arr-k-emm-ee-tih-ss. Complex yet wonderful name.

Epicurus said:
We call it University in Australia. I'm in first year Arts, Majoring in History and Philosophy at UTAS.
We still have colleges and TAFE's. College is just Uni that's private. I think?

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
I'm in....ummm Year 11 now. Not sure how that works in the American school system. Lets just say Highschool and be happy about it.

Biscuitui

May 11, 2008
Pity you didn't separate the graduated and dropped out/other options - would be interesting to see how many graduates are here.

Personally, I am halfway through my (first?) degree (a BSc, Organic/Analytical Chem) but have been having a long-term break.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Archaeology Hat said:
Reaching the end of my first year at University of York reading Archaeology.
That explains the Hat. I too would like to be an Archaeologist or anything that involves anchient history.

IvanRosski

Apr 24, 2008
I'm a Mental Health Nursing student in my final year, currently going completely insane trying to write my nursing management essay. Seriously thinking about handing in a fail, then redoing it at the second diet...

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
IvanRosski said:
I'm a Mental Health Nursing student in my final year, currently going completely insane
haha, irony.

i'm so old i remember when spore was announced

BlueMage

Jan 22, 2008
Strictly speaking, I've graduated. But now I'm doing my Masters, so I guess I'd fall under college student again (don't you crazy Yanks have universities?)