Poll: Are you an internet troll?

SarcasminBloom

Sep 30, 2009
I will occasionally on Omegle, especially when I get the really horny 15 year olds. That can be a good time.

Me and my friend will also go onto RP servers on WoW and derp our way through some cybering and serious RP.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Yes, I am a troll, in fact I would go so far as to say that I am the greatest internet troll in all the land, no one is as good a troll as I

(see what I did there?)

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I don't troll, but I do realize how easy it is.

PC gaming is sooooo dead. All the games on it are passé. Especially the Valve and Bioware games who were better on consoles anyway. In fact, the only way they could get better is if they were on the Wii only. The only people who would oppose this statement are fat 50 year olds manchilds who are still virgins

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
sseh2661 said:
I only am on websites where it wont have any consequences like you tube or chat roulette.
I beg to differ, I was listening to a song and a comment was posted and the poster said that he's father was a fisherman who loved to sail and be on the sea and when he died that this song was played at his funeral, it was very emotional because this person was opening up his heart and soul to the internet. This person was immediately trolled by someone who said "fag, you should have played some (heavy metal band here)" Now you cant say to me that this didn't have any consequences and didn't make someone feel awful, I felt awful just reading about how this persons father died but for someone to go and offend him over something so serious and emotional is just pathetic and deplorable. Yeah, most of the time on YouTube no one cares about trolling, but there are times like the one I mentioned which shows how unjustified and how bad the internet troll situation has gotten.

If there is a light conversation, nothing serious, and I feel like it I might antagonize a few people but generally no I'm pretty reasonable.

Zanakanishi

Apr 21, 2009
Rayne870 said:
Zanakanishi said:
What is wrong with you bro, i'm sorry but i'm not into staring at women running around and other stalker-like activitys, keep that shit to your self ok? If a woman is in my kitchen, she is exactly where I want her to be, women should not pretend they can play sports, it's just wrong.
You're thinking too small. Bedroom with a built in pantry for sandwich making would be so much better.
I was put on probation for making a "sexist comment" in a troll thread, that is just.... pathetic :L but I digress, you win good sir, your mind surpasses mine etc etc

Zanakanishi

Apr 21, 2009
Dimensional Vortex said:
sseh2661 said:
I only am on websites where it wont have any consequences like you tube or chat roulette.
I beg to differ, I was listening to a song and a comment was posted and the poster said that he's father was a fisherman who loved to sail and be on the sea and when he died that this song was played at his funeral, it was very emotional because this person was opening up his heart and soul to the internet. This person was immediately trolled by someone who said "fag, you should have played some (heavy metal band here)" Now you cant say to me that this didn't have any consequences and didn't make someone feel awful, I felt awful just reading about how this persons father died but for someone to go and offend him over something so serious and emotional is just pathetic and deplorable. Yeah, most of the time on YouTube no one cares about trolling, but there are times like the one I mentioned which shows how unjustified and how bad the internet troll situation has gotten.

If there is a light conversation, nothing serious, and I feel like it I might antagonize a few people but generally no I'm pretty reasonable.
Lol, that is the whole point of trolling, i mean why would someone not want to do a proper job when they troll, it's basically more points for the worse you make someone feel, if someone feels horrible then you win lots of internets, also, the game.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Not really, but I have said some things that might seem trollish.

"I love mainstream FPS more than indies or games that try to be innovative." Not really trollish but I pissed some people off saying that.

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
Zanakanishi said:
Dimensional Vortex said:
sseh2661 said:

Lol, that is the whole point of trolling, i mean why would someone not want to do a proper job when they troll, it's basically more points for the worse you make someone feel, if someone feels horrible then you win lots of internets, also, the game.
And I bet you're one of those stupid internet trolls who will tease a crying girl over the internet about the death of her kitten and her grandmother?
I can understand that it can be fun to antagonize people for an angry reaction, I have little sister so I can say I've done it before. But if you go and antagonize someone about something very emotional that you are likely to make the person cry, then you are more then an internet troll, you are a low life scum that plagues the internet and you should be very lucky that the people you pick on don't find you in real life because you are likely to be savagely attacked.

Zanakanishi

Apr 21, 2009
Dimensional Vortex said:
Zanakanishi said:
Dimensional Vortex said:
sseh2661 said:

And I bet you're one of those stupid internet trolls who will tease a crying girl over the internet about the death of her kitten and her grandmother?
I can understand that it can be fun to antagonize people for an angry reaction, I have little sister so I can say I've done it before. But if you go and antagonize someone about something very emotional that you are likely to make the person cry, then you are more then an internet troll, you are a low life scum that plagues the internet and you should be very lucky that the people you pick on don't find you in real life because you are likely to be savagely attacked.
Cool story bro, but look up the rules of troll club, I am breaking 2 of them just telling you about the rules ;) in short your opinion is irrelevant... The definition of trolling clearly states that what I said was true, and what you said is just another way of saying you have too many morals, I mean... Why so serious?

FarleShadow

Oct 31, 2008
Dimensional Vortex said:
Here's the thing about internet trolling, which I believe most people (You can include yourself, if your post has anything to go by) think that a consequence free, image free, free speech environment is the perfect place to establish rules of morality.

If we use your example of the girl, crying over her dead grandmother (Which is worse than a dead cat, so fuck it, we'll stick with that), in real life we would be universally ass-kicked if we made fun of her, she didn't choose to have a dead elderly relative and its not like most people can stop from crying in those situations.

But on the other hand, we take the same girl, then she video's herself crying and then posts it on the web. The fact people view it is not incidential (At school/in public), its a diliberate attempt to get sympathy from others and as a result garners very little sympathy but quite alot of trolls. Advertising your misery is the quickest way to getting inter-spanked by the buttpirates of the web.

That said, trolling on the internet only ever works on the lowest common denominator, because everyone else has figured out why the 'block user' button exists. Or even the sense not to post about their Japanese RealDoll collection's 'personalities'.

TL:DR/Edit: Essentially, the internet allows you to project whatever image you want onto it, so the mocking you get is due to the image you CHOSE to project. Like choosing to be a fat, ugly girl in a generic movie Highschool.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
Its the internet the possibility of actually meeting one of you people, especially with my social life, is slim to none so when those day come around, *ahem*

TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLO, lolololo...

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
If you say that you are a troll isn't that kind of like saying "I'm lying right now."

I'd like to think I'm not a troll but I have been known to get upset and act stupid.

Weskerbot3000

Feb 17, 2011
I troll forums
I troll my co-workers
I troll my college club members
I troll all day erry day
My troll switch is stuck in the on postion

imperialreign

Mar 23, 2010
Astoria said:
I'm not but damn it is so tempting to be on facebook at times.
I'll be the first to admit fb is awesome for trolling . . .

regarding the topic that's evolved of this thread - the intranetz would be a vastly boring place without trolls. Could you imagine? Every forum you go to where everyone either agrees or respectfully disagrees?

An internet without flaming and baiting . . .

. . . it's like dividing by 0.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
No but I have been known to feed trolls because I like to argue with people and be right, something that hardly ever happens when I'm talking with reasonable people :( .

I also delight in reading about their antics and exploits. Example The Saga of Bloodninja [http://people.ambrosiasw.com/~andrew/funny/bloodcyber.html] (WARNING: NSFW).

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
Yes I am.
Not all of the time though.
But I turn into a huge Troll when I see something absurd that pisses me off. So I guess I'm kind of a vigilante troll, protecting internet decency and content by pissing off the problem. lol