Poll: Are You Cancelling Your Credit Card over the Steam Hack?

Tigger1992

Jul 14, 2009
jackpackage200 said:
Can someone answer this question for me, if i have never used the steam forums am i safe? i did change my password
My understanding is that they still accessed the steam database which has info from the main steam stuff like your address if you paid with credit card. But it seems like there is a general consensus that if you change your passwords you should be fine from what has been said so far.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
I don't think that I had a credit card saved. (not sure how to check though, but I'm pretty sure I didn't)

I changed my password and I have steam guard activated.

ViralBiae

Oct 26, 2011
I always used Paypal for my transactions on Steam. Not sure if it would have been possible for the hackers to get at my card number through that, so I'll wait and find out until I change my card. I also swapped my money over from the account my card is connected to to a hidden savings account.

TriGGeR_HaPPy said:
Matthew94 said:
Tigger1992 said:
Will you be cancelling your credit card knowing that the encrypted card data on Steam has been accessed?
1. They don't know it has been taken

2. It's encrypted in AES256, they won't be getting into those files.

This should pretty much be /thread right here.

For me, I don't save my credit card details anyway, I input them with each purchase. But the above post still outlines why it's not necessary for anyone to be jumping the gun just yet.
That email's a fake. Somebody on Reddit contected Gabe with that image and asked if it was real. He said it wasn't. But then if the first image could have been faked, so could the second one... So how could you ever prove what was happening in the emails was actually from Gabe!? GAHHH.