Poll: Are you getting Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary?

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
Nope, I still have the original buried somewhere. If I want to play halo Ill pull that out

RedBeta22

Aug 28, 2008
Buy it? Nope. I still have the original version on my game shelf. I may rent it, if only to have Achievements for every Halo game. Halo 2 on Vista had Achievements so Halo CE is the only one missing. But it's not that big a deal for me to want to go spend $70 on the Game.

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
That would depend on if they bring it to windows. Gearbox released a window version of the game soon after the xbox version was released, that is the version I play (yes, I am still playing it, I love the game).

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Not really. I've yet to play a Halo game on my own, with my own money and I'll probably not start now. Just not interested, not a violent anti-fanboy hate as some have accused me of.

Oct 2, 2010
Kasurami said:
It's not an added graphical layer - it's an engine 343 and Saber Interactive have made that is heavily based on the engine used for Reach.
No, it really is just an added graphical layer. They have emphasized constantly in a ton of panels and videos that one of the main ways they're keeping the gameplay the same is by using Bungie's original engine.

They've used Reach assets both as placeholders and, seemingly, as the base for some of the final models, but that's just assets, not engine.

(which is also why they don't have theatre for campaign; the Halo 1 code doesn't have a simple, easily manipulable and trackable command pipeline)

Local co-op is kept to two players but the online is 4.
Not according to 343 industries.

EDIT:
Proof. [http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/intel/titles/haloanniversary]

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
I came into the Halo series with Halo 3 so this seems like a good chance to finally play the original all the way threw and get what amounts to an all new game for me for 40$.

Put me down for a yes.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
Is there any difference to the original one? If not then i'm not buying it considering the it still runs perfectly on my win7 machine...except it tells me i don't have enough ram...i have 3gb and at the time i had 4gb...

rayen020

May 20, 2009
even if i had an xbox every halo game has been a massive waste of time in my opinion. So no, i'm not getting it i'm not excited about it and this wanking off about how microsoft is rereleasing a game over a decade old to rake in a few dollars from the franchise that sent the shooter genre straight to hell is a little annoying.

I think yahtzee put it best:
ben yahtzee croshaw said:
An average shooter the only remarkable thing being the degree to which it is stuck up it's own ass. everything halo does has been done before and better.

Oct 2, 2010
devotedsniper said:
Is there any difference to the original one? If not then i'm not buying it considering the it still runs perfectly on my win7 machine...except it tells me i don't have enough ram...i have 3gb and at the time i had 4gb...
Anniversary runs natively in either 640p or 720p on the Xbox 360 at 30fps (I'm not sure which resolution). Its underlying gameplay has been kept as identical to Halo 1's as possible, but it comes with an added modernized graphical layer by Sabre Interactive, and it uses remastered/rerecorded audio. When using the anniversary graphical layer (you can toggle between the old and new graphical layers; actually, you can do it in real time in-game), you can use skulls which are being added to the game, and there will be video terminals in the campaign which will tell some sort of story regarding 343 Guilty Spark. Anniversary also allows for online coop with 2 players.

Multiplayer is a Halo: Reach map pack including 6 remakes of classic maps and a firefight map based on the cliffside tower area of Halo 1.

dragonhunter21

Feb 6, 2011
If it comes out for PC, absolutely. Halo was my first FPS, and I'd love to get another go at it. Plus, we PC gamers never did see a release of 3 or Reach, and they were different enough from 2 to bother me looking at.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
As I say with every Halo game. Maybe if it is cheap, but probably not. I do not actually care for the story, I mean I may like it if I played it, but really I only want it for the Multiplayer stuff. Which really isn't worth 50 dollars in my opinion.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Even though I completed the game on the original Xbox, I do plan on grabbing the new remake. Can't wait to try the online component and see what kind of achievements the thing will have. It's not like the original had cheats after all so may as well indulge in some achievement whoring.

PrototypeC

Apr 19, 2009
They WHAT.

Um, wha, so basically I thought that Microsoft had squeezed all the fan money out of the Halo franchise, but then they pull the inevitable reboot?! Not to dampen anyone's enthusiasm or anything, but I don't see this going anywhere good. Since when has a reboot gone swimmingly and turned out something truly great? I'm wondering if that has ever happened. It's just... I thought Halo was over. Like, over over, done.

I do miss Halo every once in a while, but if I had an Xbox I still probably wouldn't get it - or any of the sequels - because that's all ground well-trod. I have some great memories of Halo and Halo 2, and I remember so many good things about them at the time. I cannot now imagine going back and re-playing Halo 1 in retooled graphics. It seems like madness. It hasn't been that long since Halo debuted, but they're already trying to play the nostalgia card?