Poll: Are You Going To Play Through The Dragon Age Series For Inquisition?

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
The Bioware post outlining have save games will be converted over to Inquisition: http://blog.bioware.com/2013/08/28/the-dragon-age-keep/

I think that yes, I will if nothing else but to re-familiarize myself with the series which I haven't played for years.

I know that I could just wiki a plot synopsis and then customize my save data using the Dragon Age Keep program they describe but I'm very anal about these kind of things and I feel I'll have more investment in the game if I actually play through the games.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I've been planning to replay DA2 at some point. So I'll probably do that in time for Inquisition.

Can't face the idea of replaying DA:O though. That game was kind of a slog. I only got through it the first time because I didn't really have anything else to play at the time.

Honestly, I'm not all that excited for Inquisition. I still like Bioware, despite... recent events, but the Dragon Age games don't quite do it for me. They're not bad, but they're so damn hackneyed. They feel like one is playing Fantasy RPG: The Game.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I'd love to, but I only own Dragon Age products on my computer as of now and I plan on buying the PS4 version of Inquisition. I really don't want to deal with origin or technical issues for Inquisition, so I'm relying on Keep to help me out.

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
Zhukov said:
I've been planning to replay DA2 at some point. So I'll probably do that in time for Inquisition.

Can't face the idea of replaying DA:O though. That game was kind of a slog. I only got through it the first time because I didn't really have anything else to play at the time.

Honestly, I'm not all that excited for Inquisition. I still like Bioware, despite... recent events, but the Dragon Age games don't quite do it for me. They're not bad, but they're so damn hackneyed. They feel like one is playing Fantasy RPG: The Game.
I've got the opposite problem, the mage tower in DA:O is the only part that really feels like a slog to me, but DA2's repeated environments and cut and paste caves just really gets to me by about midway through act 2, I just can't stand going into a new cave and knowing that its the exact same cave I just came out of except they put a boulder down to block one of the doors from the previous cave. The later battles also drag on 2 or 3 waves of enemies way too long.

I'll agree for inquisition though, Dragon Age has always struck me as just not that exciting of a setting, the first game I liked for its similarity to games like BG and NWN, but the setting itself just never really grabbed me. The second game just furthered that by featuring a really boring city and only one or two memorable characters, all heaped on top of a story that runs roughshod over one of the more nuanced conflicts from DA:O (the mages and templars.

Inquisition will be one of those games that I'll pick up around launch only if it gets ringing endorsements from players and reviewers, and the gameplay videos after launch get me pumped up. Otherwise, its probably something I'll wait to drop in price. I'll definitely end up playing it at some point, but it's not one of those few series where I'll go back and play previous games to get myself pumped for the newest release.

linwolf

Jan 9, 2010
I don't think anything could get me to play though DA2 a second time. And even the off chance that inquisition is close enough to DA:O for me to like it wouldn't change that.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Loved DA2, and I pretty much overplayed DA:O, but yeah, I'll probably be going through the first two again. Haven't played Origins for years.

BioWare have never let me down, so I'll be coughing up for DA:I without seeing the trailers or reading full reviews.

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
I would like to, but with so many great games available at the moment, I don't think I'll make it on time.
I'll just keep on playing other games and will play Inquisition when it gets released.

CyberSinner

Apr 21, 2014
Absolutely not. I will not by another EA or Bioware product ever again after Dragon Age 2, say all you like about that game, but that game was a disgrace. I also am not a personal fan of the direction Inquisition is going which appears to be a Dark Souls and Witcher style. I actually though Dragon's Dogma was the game Dragon Age 2 should have been in the way they handled combat. I am also still upset in the direction they took their lore, etc.

Everything that made DAO unique in the era it came out of, was saturated, and turned into video game junk food.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I would like to and while I have...one or both on the 360 all of that is in storage. The other reason (the one that I would use if that stuff was hooked up and in use) is that DA:O was a game that I really enjoyed but it's a one-n-done kind of thing for me. I haven't played it in years though so I could probably get through to the end with no problem or lack of focus...mostly...As for DA2, I hated that one. I finished it out of spite more than anything else and have no plans on revisiting it.

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
Maybe but not just to import. I doubt it will make much difference.
Replaying DA:O now, for my own enjoyment and because I've never finished Awakening not because of DA:I.
I've still not played DA2. I might eventually since its' pretty cheap now. I'm not going to play it just for DA:I if it is utter shit though.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
If I actually get the game? I doubt it.
There's maybe a slight chance I'd go through DA2 since it kind of directly builds up to the events of 3.
Even if it does so in a pretty crappy way.
Da:O is just such a slog to get through even if it is better in theory.

I do appreciate this whole Keep thing so I can just make my save if I do get DA:I.
Playing through both ME 1&2 to make the perfect save for ME3 right before going over to it, only to get that payoff.
I just really don't want to do that again.

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
CyberSinner said:
I also am not a personal fan of the direction Inquisition is going which appears to be a Dark Souls and Witcher style.
Did you not like those games, or do you think that they are poor inspirations to draw on for a Dragon Age game? And did you mean Inquisition looks like that gameplay or style wise?

I'm asking because if either of those things are true it actually makes Inquisition sound really, REALLY good in my book.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Nothing will ever convince me to complete Dragon Age 2, let alone re-complete it, so no. In fact if the reviews turn out really positive, and I end up getting Inquisition, it will be despite Dragon Age 2 rather than because of it.

I'll probably replay Origins at some point though, that game was great but so long (with all the DLC) that I was totally burnt out on the entire genre by the time I finally finished it. That feeling is just starting to wear off now, about a year after I first completed it, so I'll probably be starting it up again soon.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Origins, probably not. That game is looooooooong, and it takes a bit to get going. And the thought of doing The Fade again...brr.

Dragon Age II? Yeah, I'll play that again. I enjoyed the game, and the DLC is brilliant in my opinion. I'll just load one of my Dragon Age saved characters into two, and then load that data into Dragon Age Inquisition.

CyberSinner

Apr 21, 2014
SacremPyrobolum said:
CyberSinner said:
I also am not a personal fan of the direction Inquisition is going which appears to be a Dark Souls and Witcher style.
Did you not like those games, or do you think that they are poor inspirations to draw on for a Dragon Age game? And did you mean Inquisition looks like that gameplay or style wise?

I'm asking because if either of those things are true it actually makes Inquisition sound really, REALLY good in my book.
Because once again, Bioware struggles to give Dragon Age its own entity. In Dragon Age 2 they were like "what sells, oh hey Mass Effect sold, let's make Dragon Age like that," it wasn't well received with the fans. Now they are like "oh hey we now know and realize we made a mistake with Dragon Age, what's the next popular video game series that sold really well and this time it surely would sell, oh hey dark souls and witcher"

I have no problem with games blending ideas from other games, I have no problem with games adopting ideas from other games. However! What I do have a problem with a game that has no soul of its own. Dragon Age Origins, people found boring and slow. While some of us enjoyed DAO because it was its own entity and its own soul. It was unique for its era, it was very old school I'll admit, but it was fun for me. It allowed for important choices and I could slaughter or make my whole party hate me.

Here's the thing my choices matter, in my game, for my enjoyment of a story. Which Bioware seemed to forget, "hey people are making choices in a game"

In DA2 they brought back characters that were suppose to be dead from DAO. That I killed.

I think I would have been more interested in Inquisition if they really ripped the carpet from underneath us. Make OCs, rip apart and tear down their mistakes. Now we're just getting the same characters from DA2 a game that I completely try to forget and DAO.

I rather they not.

I would have been more acceptant of it, if they had tried to revive the series, by Idk starting completely fresh. I would have had no problem with that.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I have been going through Origins on my new PC and will be going through all two and a half by the end of the summer. PC controls are taking a while to get used to, but damn I want to see Warden Blayze and Awesome Hawke get loaded into Inquisition so they can do an awesome mage combo thing and then fistbump. Bonus points if the come up with some deal with CD Projekt RED so my Geralt can come in and make it an awesome three way fistbump combo.

I do actually like the games and was planning to replay them at some point anyway, this gives a good excuse. I won't be marching to the Bioware offices to complain if there isn't an epic cross RPG fistbump.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
I've been wanting to go back and play the games for a while now, so yeah. DA:O is my favorite game of all time and DA2 was kind of fun.