Poll: Are You Going To Play Through The Dragon Age Series For Inquisition?

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
Leon Declis said:
Well, I have only played 2 so far, and I sure as hell don't remember what happened in there except the Mages are kinda dickish.

So, I suppose I will probably play both Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2. And I won't buy 3 until I finish both of those, which means I will play it in about a year (or longer), and that'll let me avoid everyone moaning about the ending, let them release the fix-it-up patch, and the price won't be £60 but £20. That'll do me fine.
Everyone was dicks in 2. Which is weird because I'm not sure the point of the plot was supposed to be that everyone was dicks, they definitely try to make you side with the supposedly defenseless and enslaved Mages but then totally justify all of the Templars' fears of the mages and it's just... I don't know. The whole set up is a bit like the Imperium of Man to Psykers in 40k only without the balls or religious zealotry.

I think they just didn't have enough confidence in their writing or characters to do something other than a boss marathon finish. On the plus side(?) They attained a stylistic identity with 2 at least.

More on topic; I like the idea of the Keep, removing the buggy save transfers altogether by making a detailed flag generator is fine by me.

Inquisition as a whole... I'm cautiously optimistic (playable qunari, non-scaling enemies, and environmental hazards are a big plus for me) but I'm gonna need to see some actual gameplay over more than a single fight and talk scene before I consider dropping money on it.

wasabinewt

May 5, 2014
I'm actually slowly playing through DAO now as a female Aeducan rogue (baldy too). But progress has stalled until my university exams are finished, which thankfully is in three weeks.

I've never finished a Dwarf origin playthrough despite the fact that my first character was a dwarf, so here's hoping I finish it and see how the dwarves react when I get back home and confront Bhelen.

I might replay DA2 too, probably so I can replay the DLC and try romancing Isabela for the first time. (Yes I'm one of those people). So far I have only romanced Fenris, Sebastian and Anders. I guess I could say my favorite is Fenris, but they are not exactly great options.

Anyway I'm excited for DAI, I've never had huge problems with the previous games and I will probably pre order it.

Starblazer117

Jan 21, 2009
I already have done. If what the devs are saying about the DA Keep is true, there was no need to in the first place.

Bebus

Feb 12, 2010
Already done: finished DA2 last week!

DA:O I played a coldly arrogant Aeducan prince, carrying a bloody big maul, who ended up with half the party dead or gone because they couldn't stand him. I went into the final battle with just Loghain, Sten and Oghren (+dog slot mod), because I quite literally had no other party members left. The archdemon battle was... interesting...

DA2 I was a Templar-supporting Mage. I was genuinely impressed at how well Bioware catered for that set of circumstances, to the stage that I actually think it is the way Bioware meant the game to be played: it gives the mage/templar conflict a real sense of importance to Hawke's own life.

I have no idea if any of these decisions will, well... matter (I distinctly remember crushing Leliana's head with my maul before she showed up again in DA2) but it was great fun: I don't like that Bioware effectively locks out choices and portions of the game unless you play the "ideal playthrough" but everything I've heard about DA:I in the interviews gives me hope, particularly with companion interactions. I had to end up using console commands to fix my companions' loyalties in DA2 because my own character was nuanced, meaning some decisions got +approval and some -, and the overall companions scores were never greater or less than 50, which locks out dialogue and quests.

DA:I is Bioware's last chance with me though: I didn't loathe DA2 or ME3 but both had serious problems (even without the endings) that I think they need to get right in this next offering.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
Well this might give me something to do over the summer as I'm running a bit low on money and games. I guess my answer would depend on whether or not EA has released the system requirements for Inquisition yet.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Only if it gets unanimous praise from both reviewers whos opinions I actually trust (hint, not you IGN) as well as glowing recommendations from the friends I know are getting it will I even entertain getting Inqusition. If that happens then I will likly do a run on DA:O but someone whould have to pay ME money to play DA 2 again.

Besides didn't I read somewhere that the PC version would include some kind of save file creator/editor so you can choose the choices you want going into Inqusition. It would mean installing Origin, which would be a pain in the arse, but that would still be preferable to playing DA 2.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
Yes I plan on playing them both over the summer. I'm going to be playing as a Male City Elf Warrior and Female Mage Hawke. Really hope Inquisition doesn't suck.

Maeshone

Sep 7, 2009
Already working my way through. Got through Origins 2 times out of a planned 6 to have a variety of world states to take from, and it's just soooooo boring. The Fade and The Deep Roads sap any excitement I can muster up for that game, and the plodding combat just leaves me with a lack of enthusiasm. Once I'm done with my 6 Origins playthroughs I'll get to DA2 though, and I am looking forward to that a lot. I love that game, and consider it the better of the two DA games, although Inquisition looks ready to knock it off it's throne come October. So yeah, I'm hyped :D

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
I won't play DA:O, because I've found it to be the most generic "dark" high-fantasy with really poor story and combat, albeit nice characters (well, some of them. 2 of them).
DAII however I liked and I already have 2 full playthroughs with Warrior and a Mage, now it's time for Rogue.

BTW, is it better to pick knives or bow?

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Man, there's no way I'd play through DA:O for DAI. It's just too much of a dragging bore to me. I mean, it took me over two years to finish my rouge playthrough, and my mage one I don't think I've gotten a third through. Never got to play DA2 (other than the demo) since the boyfriend loaned his copy to one of his friends and asked that he never give it back. If he ever got that back I'd certainly try it. However, it doesn't seem very likely at the moment that Mr. Boyfriend will be picking up DAI. He hates DA2 that much.

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
Personally I wont be.

After all you don't import your saves but rather they've provided a extensive save generator for your choices. That is made clear in the article linked to in the opening post.

There seems little point in playing the first two games for that 'perfect' play through when you wont be able to do anything with it in the third.

just play the first two for fun. They wont matter though in regard to the third.