Poll: Are you Homophobic??

UnwishedGunz

Apr 24, 2009
I'm not homophobic, i have 2 gay friends and a gay sister.

but i know a few people who are, its stupid because they hate man on man stuff but they all approve on lesbian sex, which is why i brought up this subject

i wanna know REAL reason why people might be homophobic or not, cause all my friends are stupid.

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Not at all. I may be a little weirded out if they go into details, but I treat them the same as other people...

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
EDITED:I do hot have anything against homosexuals.

I do not want to see any person of race, gender or age making out! I only mentioned homosexuals as this is the topic at hand!

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
I'm a bit homophobic. I'll admit that. Comes with the territory of being a young, white, protestant, straight male. Hasn't stopped me from having a couple of gay friends. I judge people on their looks and personalities rather than on who they like to screw.

Valkyrie101

May 17, 2010
No. I don't like public displays of homosexuality, because I find it a bit creepy, and ultra-camp men annoy me (this also applies to straight men, but few of those are sufficiently camp for me to find them annoying). However, I don't have a problem with them: it's up to them what they do (sort of - it's not really a choice), and it does no harm.

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
Im not homophobic, no problem with gays lesbians or bisexuals, I'm friends with some gay guys and a bisexual girl
But I do find camp people quite annoying, seen as I go to an art college theres millions of them all going OOOOHH Myyyyyy GAAAAAWWWWDDD OOOOHH YOur Hair eeeees sOOO Niiiiceeeeeee hehehehehehe
It can get fairly annoying, especially when the girls do it back to them, or when they wont shut the hell up about Eastenders or Coro-fucking-nation Street (UK soaps)

I think some men are homophobic because some gays aren't manly enough for them

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Nope. I am not in the least homophobic. Part of being Nonsexual. I just don't care.
Hmmm...
The lines are blurred for me anyway.

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
UnwishedGunz said:
but i know a few people who are, its stupid because they hate man on man stuff but they all approve on lesbian sex, which is why i brought up this subject
Funny you mention that. I got a gay friend and he has gone on to say he can't stand watching "man on man" anything. He's not to fond of lesbians either :/ It's actually kinda confusing talking to him.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
When I was 15, a gay guy attempted to rape me. He probably should have come armed because barehanded he picked the wrong victim and nearly got himself killed.

For a fair while after that (as in, over a decade) I was a foaming-at-the-mouth crusader that gays were an abomination and blah blah blah hate speech.

Then I got to know one. Thankfully someone told me "keep your fool mouth shut and don't offend this guy" and the someone (my then-girlfriend, who introduced me to him) was someone I didn't want to piss off, so I gave him a fair chance.

That guy is now my closest male friend, a guy I'd go to war with, the guy who singlehandedly turned me from a frothing Republican asswipe into a tireless crusader for equality, because he is just that awesome. And I say that as a guy who's completely straight.

I've met his friends. Met a couple of his lovers, even (a double date with three guys and a girl? Why yes.) And I'm no longer a homophobe. Thanks, Mike.

lasherman

Mar 11, 2009
I don't care about peoples' sexual preferences because it's their own private life. What I can't stand are those overly FABULOUS gay guys (or straight guys who just like acting like that, or metrosexuals or whatever).

UnwishedGunz

Apr 24, 2009
SimuLord said:
When I was 15, a gay guy attempted to rape me. He probably should have come armed because barehanded he picked the wrong victim and nearly got himself killed.

For a fair while after that (as in, over a decade) I was a foaming-at-the-mouth crusader that gays were an abomination and blah blah blah hate speech.

Then I got to know one. Thankfully someone told me "keep your fool mouth shut and don't offend this guy" and the someone (my then-girlfriend, who introduced me to him) was someone I didn't want to piss off, so I gave him a fair chance.

That guy is now my closest male friend, a guy I'd go to war with, the guy who singlehandedly turned me from a frothing Republican asswipe into a tireless crusader for equality, because he is just that awesome. And I say that as a guy who's completely straight.

I've met his friends. Met a couple of his lovers, even (a double date with three guys and a girl? Why yes.) And I'm no longer a homophobe. Thanks, Mike.
i like you, not in that way dude im 120% hetero, but its good to see that some people can give others a chance

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
No, not at all. I judge people based on what they say, how they say it and their actions not based on their sexual preferences.

ScatterBen

Dec 3, 2009
Like most people in this thread, my gripes are more to do with personality traits than someone's sexuality. If someone is gay and they act like a regular person about it, then where's the problem? There is none. However, if someone is acting like a "queen," "fairy" or any other flamboyant stereotype of homosexuality, that's what irritates me.

It's the personality over the sexuality: I'd get pissed off with a straight guy were he acting all "in my face," loud and excessively feminine*, but straight guys tend not to have those personalities, and to be fair, neither do most homosexuals.

I suppose this is up for debate, but I don't think that it's a problem to have gripes with certain personalities (for example, LAD / Jock mentality in young/adult men), and certainly not a big enough problem to call them homophobic over it, because everyone has their irritants and certain personalities should be allowed to be included within those.

And after that long-winded post, I can now conclude that, no, I do not think that I qualify as homosexual. Homophobic. Damn.

*I say "excessively feminine," which is a subjective term (how feminine is "excessively feminine"?) but, as an example, I find Cameron from the show Modern Family to be one of the funny characters, and not an irritating one, because he is feminine, but not so much that I'm annoyed by it.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Nouw said:
I like lesbians. Yes I am a male.

I have nothing against either, just please boys, keep it to yourself. I remember this thread where the OP said a gay couple started making out during a movie. Please, keep it to yourself. I hate homophobes, what can they do to you?

Ladies? Be my guest.
So it's OK if, for example, I take my girlfriend out and we make out, but it's not OK if two dudes do the same thing?

Dude, not cool. Yeah, I don't like watching it either, but if I'm going to assert the right to engage in PDA with my chosen gender partner, I have to respect their right to do the same or I'm just a hypocritical dicksnot.

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
I'm pretty much of the "live and let live" philosophy, but though I'm not proud of it I do get a bit homophobic if I'm being hit on by a female.

As far as PDA is concerned I don't like seeing it from any couple, regardless of their genders/sexes. I'm a prude like that. :|

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
I don't like it when they kiss in public, then again, I don't like anyone kissing in public, so that's not really homophobic.

Camp people, however, are just horrible. They don't even actually have to be gay, but if they act incredibly camp... *shudder*

Timmehexas

Aug 15, 2010
Well if kissing a boy is any indication I'd have to go with no. There is no problem with being a little uncomfortable with homosexuality, but when that turns into hatred...

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Not in anyway. If you don't push your sexuality onto me, I don't to you. If I say I'm straight, move on stranger. I don't care that you are gay, I just care if you try to convert me.

Blunderman

Jun 24, 2009
I think one has to make a distinction between "homophobe" and someone who simply dislikes the practice. Anyone who has any opinion on homosexuals that is stronger than "who gives a shit?" is a bigot. If you simply don't like the thought of two guys kissing, that's just natural, but you wouldn't walk up to them and claim that they accommodate your personal taste.