Poll: Are you sick from LOVE?

Bugerion

Jan 10, 2011
Seriously are you everything today is about love:celebrities,90% of the songs,movies more less and all other things all about love I'm really sick of it mainly songs if nothing else

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
I'm sick from not getting enough love. <3 ;D

Babie! Quick! I need an injection of love! <3 Aka Azure-Supernova/Tom :D

Dec 14, 2009
Yup, and I've been with the same girl for 7 years. I'm not sick of my love for her, I'm just sick of how overused the term is. Especially in songs and general conversation, i.e. 'OMG I totally love that!'

Love =/= liking cake a large amount.

Mckeown

Jan 8, 2011
i do think that love is an overused term, but i'm far from sick of the concept, i just hate the overuse of the term

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Love as a theme in songs is overused but it can lead to some good stuff. Mostly as a result of breakups ironically enough.
*cough Lostprophets cough*

The reason it's popular in the media is because it's a primal instinct and a cheap way to give emotional attachment to a character.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Amberella said:

Oh you say the dorkiest things <3 This quote says it all I suppose.

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
Azure-Supernova said:
Amberella said:

Oh you say the dorkiest things <3 This quote says it all I suppose.
Oh how I love it when you quote me babie! ;D <3

ConnorCool

Master Assassin
Apr 23, 2009
DeadSp8s said:
yes, i'm sick of the concept. i just wanna get my meat wet and have a fun life. i don't need a wife or kids. stop telling me i need that shit, maroon 5.
I think this is the funnies thing I have heard all day, nice one!

OT: Love is common ground for people to atune to, so that's why it is used. It annoys me when it gets mixed up with sex, then everybody gets confused and annoyed.

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
The term love is overused, the world doesn't have enough of the real kind though. So actually it is very underused.

Apr 24, 2008
Always was...

I'm not especially bothered by it, I pick and choose my media like everyone else...I can ignore.

It would be nice if fictional representations of love were more realistic though. I'm all for escapism, but some of this stuff severely screws up peoples expectations for reality.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I'm not sick of the feeling of being in love. What I'm sick of is everyone overusing the word to the point where saying you 'love' someone nowadays has the same meaning as, essentially, saying you 'like' them.

Seriously, it's fucking annoying nowadays. You get young teenagers getting in relationships (a loose definition at best) and immediately declaring their undying love for each other.

Love is meant to be something special. Now it just means 'a vague attraction' or it might as fucking well.

Plus the depiction of love in the media has always annoyed me. EVERY romance film it's the most stupid stuff ever with people falling in love after one or two 'meaningful' interactions. I get the idea of 'love at first sight' but come ON popular media, a bit of realism in the relationship would be good!

Oilerfan92

Mar 5, 2010
I only listen to CDs and my iPod, so love songs are easily avoided for me.

I am tired of people mixing "love" with "your very attractive. I like you, maybe we could hang out sometime". Love is what a couple reach, it's the connection. It's not seeing a really good looking person and wanting to say hi.

Personally though, im not sick of "love". I'm sick of fucking it up every time I meet someone nice.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Depends on which version of "love" you refer to.
It's an expression so vague that the Greeks had something like 3 or 4 different definitions for it.