Poll: Are you watching the 2010 World cup?

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
So, are my fellow Escapists going to be watching the 2010 soccer world cup and are you supporting your country?

I'm only really watching the games that have my team, and maybe the finals. [small] we drew to Mexico, yeah![/small]

delet

Nov 2, 2008
No, I'm not the biggest sports fan... in that I more or less hate sports.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Either The World Cup or Baseball is pretty much always on the secondary TV. I'm not exactly watching, but when a goal/run is scored, I'll look away from the main TV.

For The World Cup, I'm cheering for Spain.

Go Blue Jays!

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
football? meh. TV.....I don't have one so either way im not bothered

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
Go ENGLAND!

~

~

That being said, I only watch soccer when the World Cup is on.

diablomaki

Jul 17, 2009
U.S. tied england!!!!! ill admit we should have lost so im stoked!!
we r a shoe in for the next round! WOOT WOOT

Aug 25, 2009
I hate football, and I hate the rabid fans of football even more. I hate grand unifying events across the nation, and I hate the focus of a nation suddenly turning to something as inane as sports.

Yeah, guess my option.

Jammyman17

Apr 11, 2010
A Whole month of football :), love the world cup.

Supporting England, gutted bout the draw 2nite

rekabdarb

Jun 25, 2008
World cup? i'm ameriucan i don't know what the fuck this 'football' where you use your feet is. fucking madness... AND WOAH WOAH WOAH the creator of the thread said soccer... and he's not in ameruica

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
http://www.budgetflag.nl/upload/cache/B6CC230078EEAACBB969FBA0A26C7D2B.jpg

Yeah, I'm watching.

Not all of it, but enough of it. :p

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
I'm english and all my mates are going nuts, posting new status' on facebook every minute about something football related and it's killing me inside. I've always despised football with every ounce of my being and now I can't get away from it, it's my worst nightmare

kc_lax

May 12, 2010
nah not watching it i dont watch football anyway, so why start now (sorry england i'll be supporting you for the lacrosse world championships insted)

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
MelasZepheos said:
I hate football, and I hate the rabid fans of football even more. I hate grand unifying events across the nation, and I hate the focus of a nation suddenly turning to something as inane as sports.

Yeah, guess my option.
Well I'm damn happy considering the current economic state of my nation, but yes, it is sometimes a little inane.
rekabdarb said:
World cup? i'm ameriucan i don't know what the fuck this 'football' where you use your feet is. fucking madness... AND WOAH WOAH WOAH the creator of the thread said soccer... and he's not in ameruica
No, I'm not, why is that so odd? I'm confused, doesn't the rest of the world normally call it soccer?

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Zeithri said:
Aby_Z said:
No, I'm not the biggest sports fan... in that I more or less hate sports.
/\ - This.

You know what would be awesome though?
If they took all the income they got from this event, or atleast 70-80% of it, and donated it to Charity.
Yeah, because those massive stadiums and top of the range facilities created to host the tournament didn't cost anything did they?

On the subject matter; I watched the England match; and despite not wanting them to win the whole tournament (my reasons have already been posted in another thread) by the end of the match I wanted them to beat the USA; the fact the game ended in a draw was pretty amazing - England had so many chances, and conceded such a cheap goal it's almost...like every other world cup I've seen now that I think about it...