Poll: Are your parents divorced? College Survey

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
My parents were never married, and their relationship had been troubled since before I was even born.
They finally split up some years ago.
My dad's a dick, so good riddance.
I hear his new family is doing well too.
Drowning in debt.
Heh.

Womplord

Feb 14, 2010
yep. They both have anger problems and tend to go into rages. one is a religious fanatic and one is a drunk whore, and they both act like children. yeah I don't like my parents. however my mum is with a millionaire atm who pays my college fees...
also, broken poll and self selection bias. no-one in my dorm has divorced parents...

Eventidal

Nov 11, 2009
Divorced and married before I was conceived, still married now, so I'd count that as not divorced.

Womplord said:
also, broken poll and self selection bias. no-one in my dorm has divorced parents...
And this. Self-selection bias is when people can see your topic and those who have more interest in it (IE. usually the people who have divorced parents, also as the data here is seeming to suggest so far) will be more likely to participate. Thus, before you even have the data, there's already a bias in there that could (and likely does) significantly impact the results.

You should definitely disregard your results here. At the collegiate level, such a mistake is not going to net you a decent grade.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
nope, parents are still together, been together for, what, 25 years now i think

EcstaticObsessive

Jun 12, 2011
Yup, they divorced when I was about five so... about nine years, now.

Like someone else said, best decision they've made, as a couple.

Xixikal

Apr 6, 2011
Well my mum walked in the door yesterday afternoon after work and said "I'm going next week to the city and filing for a divorce", so they will be soon.

Haywoot

Jul 6, 2010
Yep, my parents are divorced as well.

My father took it really hard and well, he hasn't completely recovered from all of that even if it's already been over 15 years...